Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: A New Fantasyland

Cinderella Castle doesn't really meet any height limits. They'd just have to put a red light on top of any attraction that were taller, which Disney doesn't want to do.

• Minion

^^ Both of you are right. Structures 200 ft and above need a light on top (Expedition Everest is 199 ft for that reason). The castle is 180 ft as far as I remember...so a Matterhorn even at 199 ft might look a little small in comparison. But from what I have read, around 1980 or so, there was serious thought about building a Matterhorn in the MK on the land that is Toontown Fair today.

Hopefully if / when the Little Mermaid is built, it has a richly themed exterior...this will add some needed warmth to Fantasyland...even in the absence of retheming of the other facades.

• Minion

ORDDU: Yes, the height restrictions are self-imposed and we had also heard about the consideration of a Matterhorn for Florida's Fantasyland many years ago. Thank you for clearing up the misunderstanding, tasman, duckling.

• MiceChat Partner Site

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Hopefully if / when the Little Mermaid is built, it has a richly themed exterior...this will add some needed warmth to Fantasyland...even in the absence of retheming of the other facades.
    That would help greatly. Fantasyland in Florida seems so dry. With warm colors and nice facades like Disneyland's, it would seem much more magical and feel like you were actually in a fairytale.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

• We'll hold them at bay

Personally, I would like to see that space behind Fantasyland converted into a "villians" land
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Sock Puppet

Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom is probably one of the worst Fantasylands I've seen since it still has the Midevil Fair, tent-like look to it. I hope that if they renovate it, it looks more along the lines of the fantasyland in Disneyland and DLP.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom is probably one of the worst Fantasylands I've seen since it still has the Midevil Fair, tent-like look to it. I hope that if they renovate it, it looks more along the lines of the fantasyland in Disneyland and DLP.
    The problem is that the Magic Kingdom occupies such a hallowed position in the American psyche, it can afford to be below par and it still draw hordes of visitors. Which suits the current WDW administration just fine...they like to replace something only when it starts falling apart. But when it does get to that point, they can sometimes do an excellent job...like at the Haunted Mansion. However there are other examples that did not turn out so great.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Peter Pan needs a line make over!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

With the amount of space they have in the MK, it surprises me that some of the corwding issues have not been addressed. The whole northern portion of the park could use some help with its walkways.

I would start with the worst congestion problem the small building with the overhang that connects Liberty square near the Haunted Mansion area with the western side of Fantasyland could easily be reconfigured and pushed back a bit into the very large landscape area. This would open up that crowded bottleneck.

Its too bad that not much can be done about the bottle neck between IASW and Peter Pan since both of those attraction's fronts are very close to each other.

As for the rest of Fantasyland, i think they should reconsider dusting off the concept art for Dumbo's circusland. That land was going to have a couple very detailed and fun darkrides. I would remove the Dumbo spinner from its location. Clear the area between ariels grotto and poohs playspot and create a subland for this old concept. In this land they could add the dumbo spinner one or two of the original darkrides proposed for this land and maybe even a little train ride like the one that circles storybook land at disneyland.

Now with the opened area where Dumbos was i would take advantage of the extra space and push Cinderellas carousel back a bit maybe re-adjust the outside eating area for the restaurant that is on the east side of IASW.

Add some nice landscaping to help control flow of guests and it now the aea just received much more spacious walkways that can be navigated and acceptable for strollers.

Now the only reason i placed the Dumbos circusland betwen poohs and ariels grotto is because Dumbo spinner needs a place in the park but seems out of place by itself in the middle of walkways. I did not remove ariels grotto because it has been rumored that WDW management really wants a clone of DCA's mermaid attraction. Luckily from what i have heard Burbank said no for now until DCA gets its unique attraction for a few years without WDW having a duplicate. Eventually i do see it being cloned. ariels grotto would serve as a courtyard for the attraction that could easily be built right behind it in the very large piece of land there.

even with Dumbo's circusland and a new mermaid area there would still be a huge piece of property for a land that could be built to help the transition between fanatsyland and tomorrowland

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Peter Pan needs a line make over!
    i agree, i wish they would just remove whatever is next to it facing west and move the entrance away from it being directly in front of IASW. They would not even have to change anything in the attraction. load and unload kept the same just a clever re-alignment of the queues entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post

ORDDU: One reason a Matterhorn attraction wouldn't work there, by the way, has to do with it's height. Cinderella Castle already reaches the height limits set by the State or the AFA or whatever it's called. Therefore a Matterhorn, if it was built, would not be allowed to exceed the same height of the castle. This would throw off the scale for the mountain and make it look way too small compared to the rather tall castle that would be nearby.

ORGOCH: Bet nobody thought 'bout that one.
    wait so how tall is mount Everest?

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    ^^ Both of you are right. Structures 200 ft and above need a light on top (Expedition Everest is 199 ft for that reason). The castle is 180 ft as far as I remember...so a Matterhorn even at 199 ft might look a little small in comparison. But from what I have read, around 1980 or so, there was serious thought about building a Matterhorn in the MK on the land that is Toontown Fair today.

Never mind witch Orddu i just saw the above post.

Isn't the matterhorn at Disneyland much smaller than 200feet. Maliboomer passes the 200 feet and has blinkers but TOT does not and neither does the matterhorn.

Crowding in Fantasyland would not happen if parents would get their lazy a**ed children, whom are too old or big to be in the SUV-sized strollers. The strollers and stroller parking areas is what clogs up all the walkways in the park.

The lines at Peter Pan would be much better if they got rid of Fast Pass. My dream is for Fast Pass to go away, but at the place wehere dreams come true, that's probably one dream that won't come true.

• MiceChat Partner Site

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    With the amount of space they have in the MK, it surprises me that some of the corwding issues have not been addressed. The whole northern portion of the park could use some help with its walkways.

I would start with the worst congestion problem the small building with the overhang that connects Liberty square near the Haunted Mansion area with the western side of Fantasyland could easily be reconfigured and pushed back a bit into the very large landscape area. This would open up that crowded bottleneck.

Its too bad that not much can be done about the bottle neck between IASW and Peter Pan since both of those attraction's fronts are very close to each other.

As for the rest of Fantasyland, i think they should reconsider dusting off the concept art for Dumbo's circusland. That land was going to have a couple very detailed and fun darkrides. I would remove the Dumbo spinner from its location. Clear the area between ariels grotto and poohs playspot and create a subland for this old concept. In this land they could add the dumbo spinner one or two of the original darkrides proposed for this land and maybe even a little train ride like the one that circles storybook land at disneyland.

Now with the opened area where Dumbos was i would take advantage of the extra space and push Cinderellas carousel back a bit maybe re-adjust the outside eating area for the restaurant that is on the east side of IASW.

Add some nice landscaping to help control flow of guests and it now the aea just received much more spacious walkways that can be navigated and acceptable for strollers.

Now the only reason i placed the Dumbos circusland betwen poohs and ariels grotto is because Dumbo spinner needs a place in the park but seems out of place by itself in the middle of walkways. I did not remove ariels grotto because it has been rumored that WDW management really wants a clone of DCA's mermaid attraction. Luckily from what i have heard Burbank said no for now until DCA gets its unique attraction for a few years without WDW having a duplicate. Eventually i do see it being cloned. ariels grotto would serve as a courtyard for the attraction that could easily be built right behind it in the very large piece of land there.

even with Dumbo's circusland and a new mermaid area there would still be a huge piece of property for a land that could be built to help the transition between fanatsyland and tomorrowland
    That's a great idea. I'd love to see Dumbo's Circusland make an appearance, though a Villainsland would be amazing too.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Would Dumbo's Circus Land be a popular addition? Do you know what type of dark rides were in store for this?

I think the overcrowding between Peter Pan and Small World can be relieved a tad if there were more to do in the other direction of Fantasyland.

MK has tons of space to put in more attractions and I don't know why they haven't. Disneyland's Fantasyland is so much smaller but the difference in amount of rides is staggering!

Magic Kingdom:
    -Snow White
    -Peter Pan
    -Small World
    -Winnie the Pooh
    -Tea Cups
    -Caroussel
    -Dumbo
    -Pooh's Thotful Spot??

Disneyland
    -Snow White
    -Pinocchio
    -Carousel
    -Mad Tea Cups
    -Alice in Wonderland
    -Peter Pan
    -Mr. Toad
    -Storybook Land
    -Dumbo
    -Casey Jr. Circus Train
    -Small World
    -Matterhorn Bobsleds

That's 12 to 7! 12 to 8 if you count Pooh's Thotful Spot... which I don't.

I personally don't think WDW should have a clone of DCA's Mermaid ride. But I'm all for them using Mermaid and creating a new attraction for it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast