Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 76
  1. #46

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,768

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    I would do something about crowd control in that area first before I get too concerned about the rides that are there. #1 on the chopping block: That wasted space infront of Mickey's Philharmagic used for stroller parking...talk about an eyesore!! They should create like an indoor area for parking strollers or something because not only does it make the central area of Fantasyland less appealling...it only adds to the troubles of getting around with all of the strollers there!

    #2 would probably be the area where Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's playground area is...that's nothing but a bunch of dead space if you ask me. I mean think about it when you're walking east of Fantasyland towards the way to Toontown and Tomorrowland, the only thing that's there is the teacups ride...which is of course nothing but a giant tent. That side of Fantasyland seems waay too empty and could use a little bit more life.
    Last edited by toonaspie; 02-02-2008 at 03:05 PM.

  2. #47

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,205

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Would Dumbo's Circus Land be a popular addition? Do you know what type of dark rides were in store for this?

    I think the overcrowding between Peter Pan and Small World can be relieved a tad if there were more to do in the other direction of Fantasyland.

    MK has tons of space to put in more attractions and I don't know why they haven't. Disneyland's Fantasyland is so much smaller but the difference in amount of rides is staggering!

    Magic Kingdom:
    -Snow White
    -Peter Pan
    -Small World
    -Winnie the Pooh
    -Tea Cups
    -Caroussel
    -Dumbo
    -Pooh's Thotful Spot??


    Disneyland
    -Snow White
    -Pinocchio
    -Carousel
    -Mad Tea Cups
    -Alice in Wonderland
    -Peter Pan
    -Mr. Toad
    -Storybook Land
    -Dumbo
    -Casey Jr. Circus Train
    -Small World
    -Matterhorn Bobsleds


    That's 12 to 7! 12 to 8 if you count Pooh's Thotful Spot... which I don't.

    I personally don't think WDW should have a clone of DCA's Mermaid ride. But I'm all for them using Mermaid and creating a new attraction for it.
    I love, love, love, DL's Fantasyland, but WDW's is pretty crapariffic. Pan is better at DL, plus DL has so much better theming and an E-Ticket thrill ride in Fantasyland. The exterior of Small World at DL is an amazing architectural acheivement, WDW's exterior is quite dull. Mr. Toad and Alice are definately better than Snow White and Pooh. Mr. Toad is one of my favorite rides.

    Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    The problem is that the Magic Kingdom occupies such a hallowed position in the American psyche, it can afford to be below par and it still draw hordes of visitors. Which suits the current WDW administration just fine...they like to replace something only when it starts falling apart. But when it does get to that point, they can sometimes do an excellent job...like at the Haunted Mansion. However there are other examples that did not turn out so great.
    I am so tired of the underacheiving Magic Kingdom. All it takes is one trip to Disneyland, and you see how backwards and barbaric the Magic Kingdom looks in comparasion.

  3. #48

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,282
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Magic Kingdom:
    -Snow White
    -Peter Pan
    -Small World
    -Winnie the Pooh
    -Tea Cups
    -Caroussel
    -Dumbo
    -Pooh's Thotful Spot??
    You forgot Mickey's PhilharMagic.

  4. #49

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    You forgot Mickey's PhilharMagic.
    I know Coheteboy felt otherwise...but I think MPM is truly classy attraction. For me it's the one thing that makes MK's Fantasyland worth visiting when compared to DL.

  5. #50

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,502

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    You're right, I DID forget Philharmagic. Not on purpose! I think it's a good solid effort of a 3D movie but not something I'd clone for Disneyland. I like when things are unique to certain parks.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  6. #51

    • I'm A
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On The Mitten
    Posts
    587

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    You're right, I DID forget Philharmagic. Not on purpose! I think it's a good solid effort of a 3D movie but not something I'd clone for Disneyland. I like when things are unique to certain parks.
    Absolutely cloning is making all of the parks homogenized eventually they're going to be one big blur.
    Visit

    Click the Banner

  7. #52

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Menomonie, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    811

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    The exterior of Small World at DL is an amazing architectural acheivement, WDW's exterior is quite dull.
    I agree that the exterior of Small World is underwhelming at best, but I also remind myself what the alternative could have been. Using a facade like DL's in the tropical climate of Florida would not be awesome. All one has to do is to look at the remaining white facades of Tomorrowland to see what the constant humidity and rainstorms do to the paint. The entire facade of Small World would be one pukey, rusty, mossy mess after no time at all. I think what the imagineers did was actually quite creative. I think that the DL-inspired inner facade that they added in 2005 is actually quite nice, I think it's both classy and still somewhat practical.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

    DoppelV

  8. #53

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,282
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    You're right, I DID forget Philharmagic. Not on purpose! I think it's a good solid effort of a 3D movie but not something I'd clone for Disneyland. I like when things are unique to certain parks.
    Mickey's PhilharMagic is not unique to the Magic Kingdom. The show is also presented at Hong Kong Disneyland. Methinks you have no love for Mickey's PhilharMagic.

    Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    I agree that the exterior of Small World is underwhelming at best, but I also remind myself what the alternative could have been. Using a facade like DL's in the tropical climate of Florida would not be awesome. All one has to do is to look at the remaining white facades of Tomorrowland to see what the constant humidity and rainstorms do to the paint. The entire facade of Small World would be one pukey, rusty, mossy mess after no time at all. I think what the imagineers did was actually quite creative. I think that the DL-inspired inner facade that they added in 2005 is actually quite nice, I think it's both classy and still somewhat practical.
    The colors could always have been redeveloped like was done later.

  9. #54

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,502

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Mickey's PhilharMagic is not unique to the Magic Kingdom. The show is also presented at Hong Kong Disneyland. Methinks you have no love for Mickey's PhilharMagic.

    Hehe, I was aware that they put it in Hong Kong, and that's a park that needs a lot more help than a cloned 3D movie. I'm a little more relaxed about having one stateside park and then an international park to have the movie.

    I'm okay with clones of Big Thunder or Space because they can change up the track layout and make it their own. But 3D movies... they're the same.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  10. #55

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    I agree that the exterior of Small World is underwhelming at best, but I also remind myself what the alternative could have been. Using a facade like DL's in the tropical climate of Florida would not be awesome. All one has to do is to look at the remaining white facades of Tomorrowland to see what the constant humidity and rainstorms do to the paint. The entire facade of Small World would be one pukey, rusty, mossy mess after no time at all. I think what the imagineers did was actually quite creative. I think that the DL-inspired inner facade that they added in 2005 is actually quite nice, I think it's both classy and still somewhat practical.
    That's all true...however Hong Kong is more humid / rainy than Orlando and they are building a Disneyland-style facade there. If they want to maintain it they can.

  11. #56

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,282
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    That's all true...however Hong Kong is more humid / rainy than Orlando and they are building a Disneyland-style facade there. If they want to maintain it they can.
    The style is the same, but the colors (which is what was being discussed) are not.

  12. #57

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Menomonie, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    811

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    That's all true...however Hong Kong is more humid / rainy than Orlando and they are building a Disneyland-style facade there. If they want to maintain it they can.
    Very true, but Hong Kong was also built 35 years later, there have been advances in certain technologies. But my guess is that there will be a decline in the quality of the facade in not an especially long period of time.

    In the here and now, Disney probably could put a new facade on IASM in Florida, but I don't think there really is any reason to. As much as the tent-style is drab and blah, I think that there are other issues that should be addressed first.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

    DoppelV

  13. #58

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    38

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    First of all, I'm a lurker but wanted to contribute to this thread because I was having a similar conversation with my mom a few days back.

    Toad, while one of my favorite rides, will never return because the younger generations have no clue what The Wind and the Willows even is. I remember having to explain to my then-4 year old cousin what it was and he's 16 now. That was 12 years ago. It definitely wouldn't be pulling any crowds now. (I'm an artist and and my mom is a school teacher. I occasionally go to her 6th grade classes to give them some art lessons. I made a reference to Mr. Toad's 'mota-cah" one day and they had NO CLUE.)

  14. #59

    • MiceChat Partner Site
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    184

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGlove28 View Post
    First of all, I'm a lurker but wanted to contribute to this thread because I was having a similar conversation with my mom a few days back.

    Toad, while one of my favorite rides, will never return because the younger generations have no clue what The Wind and the Willows even is. I remember having to explain to my then-4 year old cousin what it was and he's 16 now. That was 12 years ago. It definitely wouldn't be pulling any crowds now. (I'm an artist and and my mom is a school teacher. I occasionally go to her 6th grade classes to give them some art lessons. I made a reference to Mr. Toad's 'mota-cah" one day and they had NO CLUE.)
    I agree with you on that fact that most people wouldn't know about Wind in the Willows and Mr. Toad; however, I disagree on the fact that the attraction wouldn't draw crowds. Despite not knowing the movie he is based from, Mr. Toad is a FUN ride that people enjoy without knowing the whole storyline behind the attraction. For a lot of people, Mr. Toad would be like Figment and Dreamfinder, charcters made up specifically for the park.

    Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

  15. #60

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,205

    Re: A New Fantasyland

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGlove28 View Post
    First of all, I'm a lurker but wanted to contribute to this thread because I was having a similar conversation with my mom a few days back.

    Toad, while one of my favorite rides, will never return because the younger generations have no clue what The Wind and the Willows even is. I remember having to explain to my then-4 year old cousin what it was and he's 16 now. That was 12 years ago. It definitely wouldn't be pulling any crowds now. (I'm an artist and and my mom is a school teacher. I occasionally go to her 6th grade classes to give them some art lessons. I made a reference to Mr. Toad's 'mota-cah" one day and they had NO CLUE.)
    Kids need to learn what The Wind in the Willows is.
    It is sad that classic literature that all ages could enjoy has been replaced by High School Musical and Hannah Montana.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What to do with Fantasyland?
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 03:52 PM
  2. Fantasyland
    By TBAAFAN in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 10:51 AM
  3. Ax outside the Fantasyland Theater
    By RetroMousie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 06:48 PM
  4. New Fantasyland Attraction
    By JoeCool in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 08:16 PM
  5. Fantasyland changes?
    By Kevie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 11:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •