Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Partner Site

A New Fantasyland

What are the chances of Disney World's Fantasyland receiving a makeover? Tomorrowland has gotten a few updates, and I think Fantasyland could use one. Crowd conjestion is a real problem in this land, and it would be nice to see this fixed. Also, Fantasyland is kind of plain; it would be nice to see attraction facades relating to the contents of the attraction like at Disneyland (It's a Small World, Alice, Snow White, etc.). Our Fantasyland has quite a bit of extra space that could use some occupying. Do you think Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Alice in Wonderland, or Casey Junior might ever find a home here?

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: A New Fantasyland

Fantasyland was supposed to get a remake like Disneyland's got in the early 80's.... losing the midevial fair theme and getting facades like DL. But it never happened. I really wish they'd do it though. Those tents are fugly!

I think they should update Space Mountain (a new and more extreme track, better effects, make it like Disneyland Paris' but keep the building the same way it is now)

and Fantasyland should get a Matterhorn where Pooh's Playful Spot or Ariel's Grotto is. They are both the same concept and they could an Ariel meet and greet in the toontown tent.

I agree, take the tent theme away in FL.
    keep It's a Small World the same.
    and make Mr. Toad and Pinnochio somewhere

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Any re-imagining of Fantasyland, or Tomorrowland, should seriously address the Fantasyland-Tomorrowland border.

The biggest problem I would see with such an ambitious project is getting around the crowds in Fantasyland. I believe Disneyland just closed all of Fantasyland. The Magic Kingdom would most likely have to do a phased rebuild.

• Minion

Fantasyland in the MK sucks compared to the masterpiece that is Disneyland's Fantasyland. The MK desperately needs Mr. Toad back. They also need to update Pan and Snow. Pan needs the small drops that DL's has, plus the starfield. Snow needs to turn the lights down, way down. They should put a thrilling E-Ticket where Pooh's Playful Spot is. I hate the way WDW is still stuck with the dated fair theming. It needs the level of themeing found in DL's Fantasyland.

• MiceChat Partner Site

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Any re-imagining of Fantasyland, or Tomorrowland, should seriously address the Fantasyland-Tomorrowland border.

The biggest problem I would see with such an ambitious project is getting around the crowds in Fantasyland. I believe Disneyland just closed all of Fantasyland. The Magic Kingdom would most likely have to do a phased rebuild.
    Yeah, it would be a shame to shut down Fantasyland and all of the attractions if all that was going on was facade work. While a phased rebuild isn't as exciting because you don't get the changes all at once, it would be the most realistic in this case.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Fantasyland in the MK sucks compared to the masterpiece that is Disneyland's Fantasyland. The MK desperately needs Mr. Toad back. They also need to update Pan and Snow. Pan needs the small drops that DL's has, plus the starfield. Snow needs to turn the lights down, way down. They should put a thrilling E-Ticket where Pooh's Playful Spot is. I hate the way WDW is still stuck with the dated fair theming. It needs the level of themeing found in DL's Fantasyland.
    What it needs is something more on par with Disneyland Paris. The space freed up by the removal of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would allow for flat rides to be moved in favor of more landscaping. If the area is going to be rebuilt, there is no need to leave it as a vast concrete corridor.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Instead of just one E-ticket in Fantasyland, I'd rather have 2 or 3 D or C ticket rides. I'd personally love to see a Mary Poppins "Jolly Holiday" ride.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Phase work wouldn't be too bad at the Magic Kingdom. They can do one side section at a time... leaving Peter Pan and Small World open as long as possible. I noticed the stores directly behind the castle have more true architecture than the rides themselves.

But there is a hurdle in this plan for a redesign... It's A Small World. At Disneyland, it's way in the back of Fantasyland so the design of it doesn't conflict with the European architecture. Would the MK one look okay in a similar style as the rest of fantsyland?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Blog Entries

Fantasyland hasn't been the same since the subs went away. The subs kept Fantasyland vibrant and offered a great kinetic energy that is now dead. To me there was nothing better than standing in line for Mr. Toad and looking out across the way at the lagoon with the subs floating along.

• MiceChat Partner Site

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    But there is a hurdle in this plan for a redesign... It's A Small World. At Disneyland, it's way in the back of Fantasyland so the design of it doesn't conflict with the European architecture. Would the MK one look okay in a similar style as the rest of fantsyland?
    I didn't think of that. As long as the rest of Fantasyland ditches the tents for a more European feel with great facades relating to the attractions, I think It's a Small World would work have a facade similar to Disneyland. With its location on the outskirts of Fantasyland, I don't think it would be much of an eye sore. If it were in the middle of Fantasyland, it would hurt the European look, but this way, you could use it as a transition between lands almost.

• MiceChat Partner Site

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    What it needs is something more on par with Disneyland Paris. The space freed up by the removal of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would allow for flat rides to be moved in favor of more landscaping. If the area is going to be rebuilt, there is no need to leave it as a vast concrete corridor.
    I like that idea. People keep talking about a big E-ticket roller coaster in that spot, but it would be more logical to space out some of the other attractions and put in some new dark rides. Adding a big E-ticket to occupy that spot would add even more crowd conjestion. Or, they could use that area for a Casey Jr. ride, concidering it is an open grass area now.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I see not reason to change the interior of "it's a small world". Leave the interior alone (thus allowing for some use while facade work is done) and just design an original facade that matches the European styles nearby.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by disneyreporter View Post
    I didn't think of that. As long as the rest of Fantasyland ditches the tents for a more European feel with great facades relating to the attractions, I think It's a Small World would work have a facade similar to Disneyland. With its location on the outskirts of Fantasyland, I don't think it would be much of an eye sore. If it were in the middle of Fantasyland, it would hurt the European look, but this way, you could use it as a transition between lands almost.

Magic Kingdom's Small World is directly across from Peter Pan. The interior of Small World needn't be changed but its architecture, so close to Pinocchio Village Haus Restaurant and across from Peter Pan would need to have similar styles. But I don't think that would hurt the attraction at all now that I think about it.

I think what they should first do is tear out the Pooh playground and replace it with an attraction with certain significance to take some of the guest complaints away from the shuttered attractions during the reconstruction.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I think what they should first do is tear out the Pooh playground and replace it with an attraction with certain significance to take some of the guest complaints away from the shuttered attractions during the reconstruction.

Maybe with a Sub Lagoon???
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast