Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Little Miss Sunshine

What is your Guilty Pleasure Dessert at Disney?

There was discussion of fudge and Rice Krispie treats in the another thread, so I thought it'd be an interesting question.

At Walt Disney World - if I'm at the Pop Century, it's the cupcakes. At the MK, anything from Mrs. Potts. Epcot - the ice cream in France. Boardwalk - ice cream. DisneyQuest - chocolate cake (tons of frosting!) I'm not as tempted by fries, cheesy items, etc. I like chocolate, anything with lots of frosting, and ice cream. S'mores are really good at the campfire too, but I make better fudge at home.

Not that I'm eating all of those in a day. I'm heading out to Disney in a half hour, and I might have an ice cream (not everything from above). Otherwise, I'm bring fruit and some popcorn/pretzels in my backpack.

At Disneyland - my favorite items were the Chocodiles down the street (7-11), and walking across the street to McD's for ice cream. (much cheaper than in-park).

Oh - and I actually meant "food", not dessert. Some people are more into salty foods (or other items).
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 01-31-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: What is your Guilty Pleasure Dessert at Disney?

Wow Denise you have lots of guilty pleasures! lol

Ok Mine... Zebra Domes at Bomas at Animal Kingdom Lodge! Ohhhh.... I salivate just thinking of them right now!

I crave them night and day, and when I go, I always want to have someone bring a purse with plastic lining so I can sneak a pallet of them out! lol
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    Wow Denise you have lots of guilty pleasures! lol

Ok Mine... Zebra Domes at Bomas at Animal Kingdom Lodge! Ohhhh.... I salivate just thinking of them right now!

I crave them night and day, and when I go, I always want to have someone bring a purse with plastic lining so I can sneak a pallet of them out! lol
    Zebra Dome are really good, but I don't crave them at all (thankfully!) You should go get some.

I forgot the cupcakes at Earl of Sandwich, those are really good too! I think I might have to stop at Earl for lunch today...
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Hmm, here is my list. I try to get at least one everytime I go. Not one of each but just one.

Churro
    Waffle Cone
    Mickey Rice Crispie Treat
    Frozen Coke
    Rice Pudding in Norway at Epcot.
    Rock Candy
    Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich
    Green Tea with peach flavor. (Can't find this anywhere.)

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

The toffee that they make fresh on Main Street - dipped in milk chocolate, rolled in nuts - yummmmmm!

• Can't get enough!

I LOVE the fresh made rice krispie treats!!! Not the prepackaged ear shaped ones but the ones from the General Store in Frontierland or Sunshine Seasons in The Land pavilion. The maple-nut fudge in the General Store is fab too!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    At Disneyland - my favorite items were the Chocodiles down the street (7-11), and walking across the street to McD's for ice cream. (much cheaper than in-park).

You'll buy treats at WDW but not D-land because treats at 7-11 down the street are cheaper? Are treats at WDW THAT much cheaper than at D-land?

So, when you're standing next to the treat shop in Critter Country and get a craving for something sweet, you'll leave the park, walk down to 7-11 and get a Chocodile? Then go BACK to the park?

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    You'll buy treats at WDW but not D-land because treats at 7-11 down the street are cheaper? Are treats at WDW THAT much cheaper than at D-land?

So, when you're standing next to the treat shop in Critter Country and get a craving for something sweet, you'll leave the park, walk down to 7-11 and get a Chocodile? Then go BACK to the park?
    Twice during my July trip, I saw the ice cream prices at Disneyland and waited until the end of the night and picked some up at McD's. And since we don't have Chocodiles at home (and they are a favorite of mine), I saved calories for those too. I also left Disneyland one afternoon to drive to In and Out for dinner (if it was closer, I'd have done it more often).

I don't really like churros, or Mickey bars. The difference between WDW and Disneyland is that I can't just walk off-property and get something elsewhere in 10 minutes. And the prices at DL are a little high on everything for me, so I will grab a bite to eat off-property as much as on. (I used to really like the outdoor BBQ place, and always save a meal for Redd Rockets).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

On your next trip to Disneyland, you should try the treats at the candy shops. The one in Critter Country has really yummy treats and not all of them are expensive. Definitely worth a try.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Banned User

anything french at the patisserie in epcot and those wonderful chocolate chip cookies, also dolewhip floats and figaro fries. ok the last one isnt a desert but they are definitely to die for. wish they served them at DLR.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    On your next trip to Disneyland, you should try the treats at the candy shops. The one in Critter Country has really yummy treats and not all of them are expensive. Definitely worth a try.

I will definitely check that out! I never made it to Critter Country in July. I used to like the candy corn taffy on Main Street, I assume that is still there (I didn't check this time).

The parks were really crowded the days I went (my sister was getting married, July wouldn't have been my choice!) So I took the parks in 3 or 4 hour increments before heading back to my hotel. This trip it will be Easter week, so I expect it will be crowded again.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

WDW treats. Hmmmmm.

Rice Krispy Treats, but that is a DL/WDW thing
    Popcorn, again, both DL & WDW
    The baklava type dessert from Tangerine Cafe
    My husband would vote for fudge
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    The baklava type dessert from Tangerine Cafe
    They have VERY good baklava there. When the Food and Wine Festival was going on, I stopped at the Morroccan booth numerous times.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

On my most recent trip to DL, I discovered s'mores snacks over at Pooh Corner and they were excellent to munch on.

At the MainStreet bakery, there are those black-n-white iced sugar cookies. Very good, even if they are mass-produced.

Churros, but of course!

POPCORN is a must have.

At EPCOT, we love to get to the lakeside early for the fireworks and then send a representative to pick up Cadbury bars of various types to eat whilst we wait for the show. They strangely match well with hot tea.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Circle of Ancients

Raspberrry White Chocolate Chip Cookies.

The Bread Pudding Dessert at 'Ohana.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast