Can anyone recomend the best monorail line hotel at the resort? (deluxe)

I was wondering what some of your thoughts/opinions were about the best monorail resort at WDW? It would have to either be the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, or the Contemporary. (all deluxe) Your thoughts/opinions?

• Banned User

Re: Can anyone recomend the best monorail line hotel at the resort? (deluxe)

My opinion... Polyneasean is best... However in a few years Contemporary might become my favorite again...

It is the theme.. emersion... and the location that does it best...

• Been there-Doing it again

I've never stayed at the GF but I highly recommend the Poly over the CR. The rooms, staff and amenities are comparable but the Poly is way more relaxing. The CR has the monorails continuously running through the inside and has kind of an airport vibe to it. When I stay at the Poly I feel I've gotten away from the hustle and crowds of the theme parks. This isn't a negative review of the CR but you asked which I liked best. I would tell anyone that if you can go more than once the CR is a cool hotel (as long as you can stay in the tower rather than the garden rooms) and worth staying at for a shorter visit.

• Disney Memory Maker

I've never stood at any of those, but I have been to each of the resorts. I think the best is the Polynesian. GF to me is too stuck-up-high-class-snobby looking. Contemporary has a lot, but the look is a bit dated. The Polynesian is very honeymoon-ish. The restaurants are nice and the theming is great.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

My opinion is the Grand Floridian, but then again I am partial to it since I work there.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have stayed at the Polynesian and the Contemporary, and like them both. There are many pluses, that come with staying in a monorail resort. However when we stayed at the Polynesian, we took the boat over to the MK most days. You can actually walk to the MK from the Contemporary, if you are an ambitious walker. Its not really that far. If you stay in one of the garden wings, as we did, it is quieter. I loved the COntemporary, for its shops, restaurant, and easy access. The Polynesian is more romantic. My dream is to stay at the Grand Floridian. I don't think it's stuck up, just pricy. I'd like to spend just a few nights there, sometime. Like to visit it on each of my trips. The lobby is relaxing. Just walking around the grounds is a lot of fun. You feel like you are in the past. Kind of gave me that long ago feeling. Kind of a Main Street feeling. I don't think anyone is better than the other, just different, and I think, after all that is the point.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Everyone has such varied tastes that your best bet is to go to www.allearnet.com and check out her pictures. There you can get a "feel" for each resort and pick one that you like best based on what appeals to you the most.

I know for me I would love a stay at the Poly if I were to stay at a monorail resort, but that's just me. My oldest son love the CR so to each their own.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

Please be aware that all hotels on the monorail loop are in a massive re-construction phase this year except for the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. The Polynesian is having it's lobby re-done. (Which is almost finished, except for the new food court that will replace Captain Cook's.) The Polynesian is also having all of its rooms replaced. This is being done in phases with minimal interruption to guests. The Contemporary on the other hand is scheduled for the largest rehab in the resort's history. I suggest avoiding the Contemporary at all costs. MAJOR re-working is planned in the entire tower, including the removal and expansion of restraunts and shops, a new food court, and all new rooms and interor decoration.

So, that's my words of wisdom for you. Personally, unless you have the money to spend for the Grand Floridian, try a Deluxe Resort with boat access to the parks instead. You might be much happier.