Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Villains Park?

  1. #16

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    I've been going over the recent posts about what's rumored and what's actually happening around WDW.

    Here is what we know:

    *Major Hotel Expansion happening in the Western Way near AK
    *Pleasure Island may be going through some changes to make less night clubs, more shopping
    *Animal Kingdom, on average, is open until early in the evening, not late at night
    * Disney currently has approximately 55,000 employees working at WDW, making any addition of more quality employees for a full-scale 5th park difficult.

    Here is what has been rumored in the past several years/recently:

    * Thrill rides/Villains park to attract the people who might prefer other parks for those kinds of rides (IOA)
    * Recent talk of an exclusive, later hours park for a few hundred dollars that's all inclusive (meals/drinks, etc.) similar to how Sea World runs Discovery Cove.

    Now taking all of that into consideration, it could be that Disney is planning a smaller park with more adult themed areas, more exclusive, limited to a small number of guests daily, with possibly using some of AK's daytime staff to work this park. Thus, it would be bypassing the need for hiring more employees, and potentially even having some of the things that Pleasure Island has had.
    Here's what I think. First off, I think they already have an adult-themed type park in Animal Kingdom. I may be the only one who see this that way but when you really think about it, a majority of DAK's major rides and attractions have a height requirement or are considered too scary for children. I always thought that this would be Studios but now they have more family friendly attractions than DAK does.

    Secondly, I still dont get what everyone's obsession with Disney Villians is...but I guess Disney got a whole of it and is making money. A whole Disney themed thrill park is going to completely destroy the whole concept behind Disney theme parks in the first place...to create a place for families to enjoy together! I think Disney worries waaaay too much about it's competition. Theyre still the biggest moneymaker in Florida because of its original emphasis on the family theme park experience and they brag about it soo much...why must they go the way of Universal by blowing millions of dollars on something that only a small population of people are interested in...Villians as a theme park will be a disaster for Disney the way I see it. But there are other alternatives. I can see like a Villians-themed area in Hollywood Studios. To me, that would be a better investment for Disney than having family blow hundreds a dollars a day on something that only one member of the family is probably going to enjoy.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    524

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Here's what I think. First off, I think they already have an adult-themed type park in Animal Kingdom. I may be the only one who see this that way but when you really think about it, a majority of DAK's major rides and attractions have a height requirement or are considered too scary for children. I always thought that this would be Studios but now they have more family friendly attractions than DAK does.

    Secondly, I still dont get what everyone's obsession with Disney Villians is...but I guess Disney got a whole of it and is making money. A whole Disney themed thrill park is going to completely destroy the whole concept behind Disney theme parks in the first place...to create a place for families to enjoy together! I think Disney worries waaaay too much about it's competition. Theyre still the biggest moneymaker in Florida because of its original emphasis on the family theme park experience and they brag about it soo much...why must they go the way of Universal by blowing millions of dollars on something that only a small population of people are interested in...Villians as a theme park will be a disaster for Disney the way I see it. But there are other alternatives. I can see like a Villians-themed area in Hollywood Studios. To me, that would be a better investment for Disney than having family blow hundreds a dollars a day on something that only one member of the family is probably going to enjoy.
    I'm not saying I agree with the idea, just that it appears that is the direction they're heading. Now, I do think there IS a segment of the population that definitely would be interested in this, like I said, this could be a small, limited capacity park.

  3. #18

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,041

    Re: Villains Park?

    WDW does need to update and add to the 4 exisiting parks
    it already has. And adding new countries/land can be done
    and has been proposed for all four parks.

    MK: A replacement for the old Sub area, or for Adventureland
    Makeover for the Fantasyland Dark rides, upgrade Space Mt,
    update Carousel of Progress

    Animal Kingdom: Australia, Beastly Kingdom (Narnia, Mt Olympus with
    mythological creatures)

    EPCOT: Russia is the most recent rumor for a possible addition

    Disney Studio: a possible Lucas Star Wars land to compete with Universals Potterville.

  4. #19

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Here's what I think. First off, I think they already have an adult-themed type park in Animal Kingdom. I may be the only one who see this that way but when you really think about it, a majority of DAK's major rides and attractions have a height requirement or are considered too scary for children. I always thought that this would be Studios but now they have more family friendly attractions than DAK does.

    Secondly, I still dont get what everyone's obsession with Disney Villians is...but I guess Disney got a whole of it and is making money. A whole Disney themed thrill park is going to completely destroy the whole concept behind Disney theme parks in the first place...to create a place for families to enjoy together! I think Disney worries waaaay too much about it's competition. Theyre still the biggest moneymaker in Florida because of its original emphasis on the family theme park experience and they brag about it soo much...why must they go the way of Universal by blowing millions of dollars on something that only a small population of people are interested in...Villians as a theme park will be a disaster for Disney the way I see it. But there are other alternatives. I can see like a Villians-themed area in Hollywood Studios. To me, that would be a better investment for Disney than having family blow hundreds a dollars a day on something that only one member of the family is probably going to enjoy.
    A Villian mini-land would feature in better at MK. When was the last time Magic Kingdom got a really big E-ticket outside of Splash? I have heard diffferent stories about Villian Mountain. One is where all of the Disney villians are in gathering against the heroes and you end up in their lair. Chaos ensures. Oh yeah, the big drop is from the mountain in Fanatasa with Chernborg as a huge AA.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

  5. #20

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    I'm not saying I agree with the idea, just that it appears that is the direction they're heading. Now, I do think there IS a segment of the population that definitely would be interested in this, like I said, this could be a small, limited capacity park.

    That sorta sounds like the original idea behind Hong Kong Disneyland...and that didnt work out the way the Disney execs wanted to unfortunatly. They got overcrowded when the park opened and then it just went dead...I really think that's what will happen with a Villians park...I just dont see this having enough lasting appeal.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    524

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    That sorta sounds like the original idea behind Hong Kong Disneyland...and that didnt work out the way the Disney execs wanted to unfortunatly. They got overcrowded when the park opened and then it just went dead...I really think that's what will happen with a Villians park...I just dont see this having enough lasting appeal.
    I'm not one to speculate on the quality of a park based on a singular name for a theme. For example, I'm sure there are many, MANY people who aren't huge Spiderman fans, but as soon as they see the IOA ride, they quickly put it at the top of their list as one of the best attractions ever.

    OTOH, there are many people who are big fans of the movie Lilo & Stitch and the character of Stitch, and yet, most people can't stand the attraction.

    Just because HKDL failed doesn't really have anything to do with this plan IMO.

  7. #22

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    I'm not one to speculate on the quality of a park based on a singular name for a theme. For example, I'm sure there are many, MANY people who aren't huge Spiderman fans, but as soon as they see the IOA ride, they quickly put it at the top of their list as one of the best attractions ever.

    OTOH, there are many people who are big fans of the movie Lilo & Stitch and the character of Stitch, and yet, most people can't stand the attraction.

    Just because HKDL failed doesn't really have anything to do with this plan IMO.
    Actually the fact that Disney lost millions of dollars with HKDL does...a Villians park is going to take millions of dollars to build no matter how small...the rides alone are going to be expensive to build each... I still believe that WDW's big money maker is with the families. And they are going to be quickly driven away by the lack of things for kids and those who are too scared to go on these rides. And as popular as a lot of these thrill rides are for the thrill-and-villian-enthusiasts, putting a hefty price tag on this park is barely gonna keep them coming back for more...especially when parks all over the country are going to provide the same type of thrills for a lower price tag. End profit for Disney...seems like a huge debt in the millions.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  8. #23

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    524

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Actually the fact that Disney lost millions of dollars with HKDL does...a Villians park is going to take millions of dollars to build no matter how small...the rides alone are going to be expensive to build each... I still believe that WDW's big money maker is with the families. And they are going to be quickly driven away by the lack of things for kids and those who are too scared to go on these rides. And as popular as a lot of these thrill rides are for the thrill-and-villian-enthusiasts, putting a hefty price tag on this park is barely gonna keep them coming back for more...especially when parks all over the country are going to provide the same type of thrills for a lower price tag. End profit for Disney...seems like a huge debt in the millions.
    Well, I think you're making a lot of assumptions based on what I said. I have no idea what they're planning. I don't know if it will be a villians or thrill rides park or not, I just know there's a possibility some exclusive small park idea may be coming and it may cater more to older kids/adults than the younger ones whom Disney seems to be targeting a lot lately.

  9. #24

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Here's what I think. ... I still dont get what everyone's obsession with Disney Villians is...but I guess Disney got a whole of it and is making money. A whole Disney themed thrill park is going to completely destroy the whole concept behind Disney theme parks in the first place...to create a place for families to enjoy together! I think Disney worries waaaay too much about it's competition...

    ... I can see like a Villians-themed area in Hollywood Studios. To me, that would be a better investment for Disney than having family blow hundreds a dollars a day on something that only one member of the family is probably going to enjoy.
    I think clumping the Disney VILLAINS from all different movies only works in a show like FANTASMIC and otherwise it's just bad story.

  10. #25

    • We'll hold them at bay
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,805

    Re: Villains Park?

    I still don't see anyway there will ever be a 5th park
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom


  11. #26

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Villains Park?

    I like the idea of a fifth park, just not Six Flags Villains Mountains.

  12. #27

    • Imagineering God
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your Mind
    Posts
    122

    Re: Villains Park?

    Pfft! Villians park? You're most likely to see Disney's America built in WDW before that. And as said, there's no new theme parks coming to WDW in the foreseeable future.

  13. #28

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, In
    Posts
    292

    Re: Villains Park?

    Ok, I will definitely have to ask my brother where he saw that Villains park article.

    I know there have been rumors for ever. I just thought I would shoot something out here and see what ppl have heard.
    - Larisa

    Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC


  14. #29

    • Disney-it's a way of life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Spokandyland, Washington!
    Posts
    173

    Re: Villains Park?

    There needs to be considerable work done to the preexisting parks in WDW before any thought even goes into a fifth park. I mean, look at Space Mountain.. that needs a bunch of work, DL's is much better.

    And true, the idea of a niche park is a fantasy for Jay Rasulo, but that simply doesn't make any sense in WDW for now.

    And in regards to HKDL, even though it's not enjoying gobs of people through its gates, I wouldn't consider it a great failure. It's going to need some time to develope. That park is only a baby, just over two years old. Look at DCA, it's finally going to get a rehaul, and it desperately needs it. Every park faces problems in the beginning in some way, shape or form.

    But for now, let's put this rumor to rest. It needs a nap before it rears it's head again in a few weeks.
    ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

    ::WDW College Program Campus Rep::

    ::Spring Quarter Advantage 2007 Operations::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide- Again!::
    ::Summer Alumni Program 2006 Operations!::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide::
    ::Fall 2005 Quick Service Food & Beverage::
    ::Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Cafe
    ::

    "You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

    "You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney





  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    524

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by RockStarTink283 View Post
    And in regards to HKDL, even though it's not enjoying gobs of people through its gates, I wouldn't consider it a great failure. It's going to need some time to develope. That park is only a baby, just over two years old. Look at DCA, it's finally going to get a rehaul, and it desperately needs it. Every park faces problems in the beginning in some way, shape or form.

    But for now, let's put this rumor to rest. It needs a nap before it rears it's head again in a few weeks.
    So this is what we're left with? the expectation that any new Disney park is only going to have a few attractions, yet they still want to charge full price but we should be satisifed with that?

    MK, EPCOT Center, Tokyo DL certainly had a FULL lineup of rides, shows and other attractions when they opened, why should we settle for less now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Where should the Villains Go?
    By techskip in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 10:36 AM
  2. Disney Announces Villains Park For Anaheim
    By CaliforniaAdventurer in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 11:36 AM
  3. Disney Announces Villains Park For Anaheim
    By CaliforniaAdventurer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 05:49 AM
  4. villains!!!
    By huuhu in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 09:55 AM
  5. The Villains!!!
    By princedalton in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 01:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •