Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Villains Park?

  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, In
    Posts
    292

    Villains Park?

    Hey Micechatters! It has been weeks and weeks since I have been on here. So sad...

    Anyway, I have some news. My brother was reading the Disney Company's corporate website and told me that WDW just officially announced its plans for a 5th theme park - a "Villains Park". Now I know there had been rumors abound about this possible park.

    Anyone have any details?? I was trying to search around here and nothing came up about it....?
    - Larisa

    Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC


  2. #2

    • Geoff London
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Splash Mountain - WDW - London
    Posts
    996

    Re: Villains Park?

    This rumour raises its head as regular as clockwork. Ask your brother to produce the stuff he claims to have read. Once I see it in print from a reliable source then I'll believe it! Not having a go but this old myth does the rounds over and over again.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !



  3. #3

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Villains Park?

    There was an article printed someone where a reporter writes as if he is writing from 10 years in the future with a mention of the villains park. It is noted that the article is entirely fiction, so maybe this is what was read?

    Here is the link to the article.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 02-01-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  4. #4

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,799

    Re: Villains Park?

    Not true. It's been a rumor for years. If you read Werner's article on MiceAge today, he mentions that Disney has no plans in the "forseeable future" for another park in the States.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Not true. It's been a rumor for years. If you read Werner's article on MiceAge today, he mentions that Disney has no plans in the "forseeable future" for another park in the States.
    Plus it has been a rumor for Villian Mountain where 20,000 leagues once was. I hope that they build a mini-land in Fantasny land with Villians.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

  6. #6

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,260
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    There was an article printed someone where a reporter writes as if he is writing from 10 years in the future with a mention of the villains park. It is noted that the article is entirely fiction, so maybe this is what was read?

    Here is the link to the article.
    Two years. He's "writing" from 2010. The whole article is like the Grand Poobah of crazy internet rumors that just won't die.

  7. #7

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Two years. He's "writing" from 2010. The whole article is like the Grand Poobah of crazy internet rumors that just won't die.
    Ah... That's what I meant. Thanks for the correction.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Darien IL- a suburb 25 mins west of Chicago
    Posts
    204

    Re: Villains Park?

    I'd rather see them put more into the existing parks to make them better..plus honestly one problem I see is if they opened another park thats watering down the cast member selections...if they need people bad enough they may not be as choosy as they once were (obvious already but i'm afraid it would get worse)...i could be wrong...I like the idea of the villian mountain though

  9. #9

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    211

    Re: Villains Park?

    There have been rumors that Disney is building a Villains park as WDW's 5th gate for years. At this point, everytime I hear it come up again all I can do is laugh, because there's no chance that we'll see any sort of 5th theme park for WDW happen anytime soon. I'd much rather have them refresh their current 4 theme parks that are starting to become stale and loose their magic than for them to put billions into making a 5th park.

  10. #10

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,260
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy215 View Post
    I'd rather see them put more into the existing parks to make them better..plus honestly one problem I see is if they opened another park thats watering down the cast member selections...if they need people bad enough they may not be as choosy as they once were (obvious already but i'm afraid it would get worse)...i could be wrong...I like the idea of the villian mountain though
    This is exactly why any decision to build a 5th park would be an incredibly poor decision. When EPCOT Center and the Disney-MGM Studios opened, people extended their visits to Walt Disney World. That did not happen with Disney's Animal Kingdom. A new park would only divert attention and further dilute the Walt Disney World experience.

  11. #11

    • Mostly Harmless.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho...
    Posts
    1,825

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Plus it has been a rumor for Villian Mountain where 20,000 leagues once was. I hope that they build a mini-land in Fantasny land with Villians.
    Anything would be better than the McPooh Play Place or whatever it is.... (At least it does have a Nautilus shaped knot inside of the tree thing.)
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

  12. #12

    • MiceChat Partner Site
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    184

    Re: Villains Park?

    It would be really nice to see a Villainsland added next to Fantasyland. The villains are a part of Fantasyland, and it isn't fair excluding them (plus it would be an awesome addition to the park).

    Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

  13. #13

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    This is exactly why any decision to build a 5th park would be an incredibly poor decision. When EPCOT Center and the Disney-MGM Studios opened, people extended their visits to Walt Disney World. That did not happen with Disney's Animal Kingdom. A new park would only divert attention and further dilute the Walt Disney World experience.

    Not to mention most families only like to take 5-7 days for their vacation and adding too much to do might frustrate some families to skip it all together.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Near Chicago
    Posts
    170

    Re: Villains Park?

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Not to mention most families only like to take 5-7 days for their vacation and adding too much to do might frustrate some families to skip it all together.
    I agree with the idea that families are not going to extend beyond 7 or 8 days. But I doubt that adding another thing to do would frustrate families into skipping it altogether.

    In the specific case of my family, it would be fine and wouldn't cause us to forego Disney vacations. In fact, if there was another park, it might inspire us to go an extra time. The other plus would be perhaps slightly less crowds at the other parks.

    That said, I doubt that another park would bring in tons of new customers or make most people go an extra time, or necessarily make people extend their vacation from its maximum limit.

    Is 5 to 7 days the average stay for WDW guests?

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    527

    Re: Villains Park?

    I've been going over the recent posts about what's rumored and what's actually happening around WDW.

    Here is what we know:

    *Major Hotel Expansion happening in the Western Way near AK
    *Pleasure Island may be going through some changes to make less night clubs, more shopping
    *Animal Kingdom, on average, is open until early in the evening, not late at night
    * Disney currently has approximately 55,000 employees working at WDW, making any addition of more quality employees for a full-scale 5th park difficult.

    Here is what has been rumored in the past several years/recently:

    * Thrill rides/Villains park to attract the people who might prefer other parks for those kinds of rides (IOA)
    * Recent talk of an exclusive, later hours park for a few hundred dollars that's all inclusive (meals/drinks, etc.) similar to how Sea World runs Discovery Cove.

    Now taking all of that into consideration, it could be that Disney is planning a smaller park with more adult themed areas, more exclusive, limited to a small number of guests daily, with possibly using some of AK's daytime staff to work this park. Thus, it would be bypassing the need for hiring more employees, and potentially even having some of the things that Pleasure Island has had.
    Last edited by ChrisFL; 02-02-2008 at 01:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Where should the Villains Go?
    By techskip in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 10:36 AM
  2. Disney Announces Villains Park For Anaheim
    By CaliforniaAdventurer in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 11:36 AM
  3. Disney Announces Villains Park For Anaheim
    By CaliforniaAdventurer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 05:49 AM
  4. villains!!!
    By huuhu in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 09:55 AM
  5. The Villains!!!
    By princedalton in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 01:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •