Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Block Party Bash

Does anyone know when Block Party Bash starts it run at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

• I love Mulholland Madness

Re: Block Party Bash

I am so jealous that BPB has moved to WDW! It is such a fun parade. Enjoy it!
    (sorry but I don't know when it starts showing)
    Be Nice or Leave

• May the F=ma be with you

It is scheduled to debut this spring. I am unaware of a specific date. Speaker towers have been put in to place already so route preparation is well underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Theme Park Paradise

BPB is scheduled to open on Friday, March 14, 2008. There may be a soft open before that, but nothing confirmed.

• Magic Making

Stars closes March 9th so i would say an opening on the 10th or 11th would be better. The units are still being worked on to fit the route. Show stop placement is being picked as well. In House auditions are tomorrow, i have no idea when public ones are. Rehearsals begin on the 12th.

• Creative Director

^WOW, that seems like very little time for rehearsal? A really tight one?

Didn't DLR have from like Feb. to late April/early May to get BPB rehearsing? I remember those auditions in the beginning of Jan., or was it Feb., and the BPB ones started right away.

• Magic Making

You have to remember this routine is scaled down ALOT!! Thats basically one month. Ive learned routines in a shorter amount of time.

• Creative Director

^ hmmmm, I wonder how that is going to make the DLR folks feel. I heard that with POD possibly going over there in the future, they really want them to put on the show at the level of what they did in CA, at least.

So, scaling down routines...hmmmm...I have this weird feeling that the DLR folks are going to kind of go, "See...I told you so" in that WDW seems like they are going to have to neuter some elements of the show. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, because I understand the issues that the WDW team has to deal with regarding union regulations and whatnot...but that east coast, west coast rivalry is going to show if WDW doesn't stage this at the minimum level that the DLR folks did.
    if that makes any sense.

• Magic Making

POD is going to WDW. A working title is already in place for its replacement. Im unable to post the title as I would most likely get yelled at...sooo

If you want to know bad enough, just IM me or PM me

AIM:lighitngdes

• Yo!

When, though? I doubt it's leaving at the end of this year....
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Magic Making

Thats the thing, it was reported to leave in Nov, but with this working title, and something very similar to it, opening during the 55th, i think they decided to hold back its leave date.

• Theme Park Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    Stars closes March 9th so i would say an opening on the 10th or 11th would be better. The units are still being worked on to fit the route. Show stop placement is being picked as well. In House auditions are tomorrow, i have no idea when public ones are. Rehearsals begin on the 12th.
    Sparky, your info. is incorrect. The show is cast and the rehearsals are already in full swing. The float units fit the route when the came off the trucks from DLR ( of course they had to be reassembled).

• Theme Park Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    You have to remember this routine is scaled down ALOT!! Thats basically one month. Ive learned routines in a shorter amount of time.
    I have sources that say different. I have heard that WDW is using the BPB show director and choreographer from DCA. My sources say that the routines for Pixar Pals, Acrobats and the Pixar Characters are the same routines from the DCA show.

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaChris View Post
    Sparky, your info. is incorrect. The show is cast and the rehearsals are already in full swing. The float units fit the route when the came off the trucks from DLR ( of course they had to be reassembled).
    Not from my sources. And why was it on the Disneyauditions.com site a few weeks ago stating Feb as the audition? And they are simply called Units, not Float units.

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaChris View Post
    I have sources that say different. I have heard that WDW is using the BPB show director and choreographer from DCA. My sources say that the routines for Pixar Pals, Acrobats and the Pixar Characters are the same routines from the DCA show.
    The Show Director is Robin Trowbridge, a WDW show director. And its Pixar Play Parade. Pals was cut from the title. You could never do that routine in the Florida heat, Equity would not allow it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast