• Little Miss Sunshine

Taking Photos at Disney Tomorrow (Saturday) - Denise

I have been really tired this past week (not sure if it's my allergies), and pretty unmotivated. Anyway, I am going to get my butt out the door tomorrow to work on my website.

I plan to work on my AK photo walk, hopefully for 2 or 3 hours. Then update photos - I did get some at T-Rex yesterday, and a couple of other spots. But not enough to really put up as a full update yet. If anyone has any requests for that, let me know! And hopefully also finish up the Poly/GF sunset photo walk, along with some night photos in that area. If anyone has requests in that area, let me know too.

That will be it for tomorrow, I think! And after seeing so many mentions of Flame Tree today, hopefully it will be open for lunch tomorrow.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Taking Photos at Disney Tomorrow (Saturday) - Denise

Sounds great - I love how your pictures come out. Have you taken any of Islands of Adventure/Universal Orlando Resort, too? That new Aquatica park at SeaWorld also looks like its going to be great for picture taking.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    Sounds great - I love how your pictures come out. Have you taken any of Islands of Adventure/Universal Orlando Resort, too? That new Aquatica park at SeaWorld also looks like its going to be great for picture taking.
    Hi!

I actually used to have an IOA website back in 1999. But the only Universal pics I have on my site are from the backstage VIP tour at Universal Hollywood, and the Early Show Taping at Universal Orlando last year.

However, that should change very soon. I don't know too much about Aquatica, I do need to get to Sea World again sometime!

And thanks!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Sock Puppet

Aquatica officially opens on March 1st, right next door to SeaWorld. Islands of Adventure is great for picture taking, especially in the Lost Continent area (although part of it is about to disappear to make way for Harry Potter).

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Denise- can you snap some Camp Minnie-Mickey? I was not able to get into that area of AK last visit. I really cannot remember what alot of the area looks like (vs. the LK show). If this works, great. I appreciate your pics, as I live in the middle of the US and dont get to a Disney park more than once every couple of years...

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    Aquatica officially opens on March 1st, right next door to SeaWorld. Islands of Adventure is great for picture taking, especially in the Lost Continent area (although part of it is about to disappear to make way for Harry Potter).

I used to go to Uni a lot (back when it first opened), not so much anymore. I had never even heard of Aquatica until recently, I had looked at some info on it earlier today.

It looks like I'll scrap the first set of AK photos I took, I am not that thrilled with them as a whole. I do like a few, this one is of a baby with it's parents:

I like bird pics.

So I'll keep those, and a few others and start over.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Blog Entries

You can currently get a Uni annual pass for 99 bucks for Florida residents. I'd love to see some of your walks from Uni/IOA. I'd really love to see a walk of the Portofino Bay hotel. I've yet to make it over there even though I say I'm going to take the boat every trip.

How I wish I lived nearer to Orlando. My wifes out of town today and I woke up at 7 and seriously considered driving down, but its a 4 1/2 hour drive for me so I gave in, defeated.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    You can currently get a Uni annual pass for 99 bucks for Florida residents. I'd love to see some of your walks from Uni/IOA. I'd really love to see a walk of the Portofino Bay hotel. I've yet to make it over there even though I say I'm going to take the boat every trip.

How I wish I lived nearer to Orlando. My wifes out of town today and I woke up at 7 and seriously considered driving down, but its a 4 1/2 hour drive for me so I gave in, defeated.
    Is it a regular annual? Or a seasonal type ticket? I'll have to check that out. I've not walked around the Uni hotels in a couple of years, but they are beautiful! I didn't think anyone would really be interested in a Uni resort walk, I will add that to my list.

My sleep patterns have been all screwy lately, but I got up at a reasonable time and plan to head to Disney by 11. I figured I should hit AK later (instead of earlier), since the entryway would be too busy for pics in the morning.

I'm sorry you didn't end up making it down today - but I can totally understand. When I lived in St. Pete, it was only 90 minutes. 4 1/2 hours is a lot each way!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Denise- can you snap some Camp Minnie-Mickey? I was not able to get into that area of AK last visit. I really cannot remember what alot of the area looks like (vs. the LK show). If this works, great. I appreciate your pics, as I live in the middle of the US and dont get to a Disney park more than once every couple of years...
    I almost missed this! I was going to go the other way (towards Dinoland), but will go towards Camp Minnie/Mickey instead. It doesn't matter to me either way which way, and I'll be able to at least get a part I of the walk up this week!

Thanks. I'm sorry you don't get down here so often, I know I'm really fortunate in that regard.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Blog Entries

Is it a regular annual? Or a seasonal type ticket?
    Its a regular annual. Universal doesn't do a seasonal, at least not that I'm aware of. They push two types of passes, the preferred is the one that is currently 99 dollars. I bought mine a little over a year ago when they had the two years for 180 dollars deal. The preferred is all you really need, you get free parking, discounts in most stores and restaurants, and access to both parks unlimited all year long. It also occassionally includes discounts for the hotels.

The premier pass gives you much cheaper express passes and also has access to Halloween Horror Nights.

I think to get the 99 dollar deal you have to get the cokes only available in Florida that have the coupon on them. When I got mine a year ago you had to have a receipt from Beals or something like that. 99 bucks is a great deal though. I wish Disney would do something similar where you could get an annual for only one park, and then increase the cost a bit until you reached the price of getting all four for each park that you added. It would make the cost of getting a Disney AP much more affordable.

Universal also offers a monthly payment system where you can get yours and then send them 15 dollars a month or something like that for your pass all year long. I'd be for Disney doing that too.

• Banned User

Well.. Denise, I know how you feel. I just did the great Disney 'Round the World Tour and have over 900 pictures frm Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo to post and little time to do so, which makes me less motivated to do anything, especially since G-Fan is home and I can't sit on the PC doing all the reporting when he is here. But we appreciate your photos a lot. I did post a small sample of pics from HKDL in that section...if you care to motivate yourself to check them out.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Thank you, Denise!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Well.. Denise, I know how you feel. I just did the great Disney 'Round the World Tour and have over 900 pictures frm Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo to post and little time to do so, which makes me less motivated to do anything, especially since G-Fan is home and I can't sit on the PC doing all the reporting when he is here. But we appreciate your photos a lot. I did post a small sample of pics from HKDL in that section...if you care to motivate yourself to check them out.
    TDL Fan - I'm definitely going to check your photos out (of course!) I can motivate myself to do computer stuff, it's the "out of the house" stuff I'm pushing myself on.

How was your "Round the World" tour?
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.