Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Okay, I know this question will not be popular and most people will say no, but would it be good for Disney to have a Power Rangers land at the studios? Islands Of Adventure has Marvel, why not go one step ahead of them with a Power Ranger themed area with attractions and entertainment. The IP is about 15 years old this year and still around. The Japanse know the show since it based of one of their shows and plus it would give the studio more action and adventure. I am all for a Zord simulator dark ride.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Bad idea. It's a tired show, and has been for years now. Also, it's such a small segment of the tourists that it would attract. These are the things we want to avoid.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Bad idea. It's a tired show, and has been for years now. Also, it's such a small segment of the tourists that it would attract. These are the things we want to avoid.

    Hmm. Well the francrise is still going strong on Jetix plus since Disney doesn't have a Marvel or a DC comics, this could make up for it. My little five year old nephew disagree with you about the small segment. Look at a Wal-mart action figure aisle and look what you find. To tell you the truth, I would be all for a DC Universe area of the studios if the WB let them. They could mop the floor with the Six Flags stuff. Just imagine Indy but with a Batmoble through Gotham, with a little bit with of the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man on the side.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,624

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    it appeals to kids until they are about 9 years old and then they get tired of it. I wouldn't like to see an entire land dedicated to them besides there already is a scifi attraction in star tours. I do think that maybe a temporary show in the summer on the streets of america would be interesting like they did with the turtles when the studios first opened.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    it appeals to kids until they are about 9 years old and then they get tired of it. I wouldn't like to see an entire land dedicated to them besides there already is a scifi attraction in star tours. I do think that maybe a temporary show in the summer on the streets of america would be interesting like they did with the turtles when the studios first opened.
    It appeal to adult as well. Just look at Morphcon.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

  6. #6

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,517

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Okay, I know this question will not be popular and most people will say no, but would it be good for Disney to have a Power Rangers land at the studios? Islands Of Adventure has Marvel, why not go one step ahead of them with a Power Ranger themed area with attractions and entertainment. The IP is about 15 years old this year and still around. The Japanse know the show since it based of one of their shows and plus it would give the studio more action and adventure. I am all for a Zord simulator dark ride.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Disney did do some sort of attraction for PP but I think even THEY know that a land itself would have little appeal. MARVEL is a much bigger franchise than Power Rangers...and more diverse. That's why a Marvel land seems more plausible. The big thing about Power Rangers is that I dont think the appeal is in the characters themselves but rather the action. There's been about 20 different generations of PP. Do you think that the target 11-12 year old male audience really cares for all the other power ranger groups dating as far back at the early 1990s? The answer is no...the only Power Rangers they are gonna care for are the ones currently on TV. And they dont care much for when these characters are off costume. And when they are in costume I mean it's been the same 5-6 colored suits for nearly twenty years. Not exactly as diverse as the hundreds of different recognisable Marvel characters.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if Disney did do some sort of attraction for PP but I think even THEY know that a land itself would have little appeal. MARVEL is a much bigger franchise than Power Rangers...and more diverse. That's why a Marvel land seems more plausible. The big thing about Power Rangers is that I dont think the appeal is in the characters themselves but rather the action. There's been about 20 different generations of PP. Do you think that the target 11-12 year old male audience really cares for all the other power ranger groups dating as far back at the early 1990s? The answer is no...the only Power Rangers they are gonna care for are the ones currently on TV. And they dont care much for when these characters are off costume.
    I am sure most of the kids know about Tommy through their parents.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    183

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    what about the incredables?

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank View Post
    what about the incredables?
    Too much Pixar is not a good thing.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

  10. #10

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,487

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Power Rangers?

    No. No. No. No. No.

    NO!

  11. #11

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    H My little five year old nephew disagree with you about the small segment. L
    And that proves my argument. End of story.

    And I don't even know what Jetix is, so it's not that popular. And the toy aisle has very little power rangers stuff at all.

    It's not a good idea.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    I didn't even know that Power Rangers were still popular to any degree.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    524

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Honestly I thought Power Rangers were old 10 years ago, for a while I had forgotten they were still at MGM/DHS

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,774

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    Honestly I thought Power Rangers were old 10 years ago, for a while I had forgotten they were still at MGM/DHS
    No, they have been on for 15 years and still going.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

  15. #15

    • loves a silver lining
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    15,597
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    And that proves my argument. End of story.

    And I don't even know what Jetix is, so it's not that popular. And the toy aisle has very little power rangers stuff at all.

    It's not a good idea.
    There is still a large amount of Power Ranger toys on the toy aisle. But, not enough to warrant a land in any theme park. Each time we've seen the Power Rangers at the park there were tons of kids to get autographs and meet them, but again not enough to warrant their own land. The walk around characters and the small show that we saw was more than enough "morphin time"

    Quote Originally Posted by Toonaspie
    Do you think that the target 11-12 year old male audience really cares for all the other power ranger groups dating as far back at the early 1990s?
    I would have to disagree with you on that target age group. I have two boys, 13 and 9. My 13 year old hasn't liked Power Rangers in at least 8 years. My 9 year old hasn't liked them since Kindergarten or 1st grade. I'd place the age range more along the lines of 4-8 years old.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe
    I am sure most of the kids know about Tommy through their parents.
    I remember Tommy from when my little brother watched them, I'd line up for his............uh autograph anytime



    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Offical Name of Disney MGM Studios/Disney's Hollywood Studios?
    By GUYNYC in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 08:52 AM
  2. Disney-MGM Studios Name Change To Disney's Hollywood Studios
    By granka in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 09:07 AM
  3. power rangers
    By seafaring_ghost in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 09:06 PM
  4. Celebrity sighting... Power Rangers Mystic Force!
    By WRDup in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 09:36 PM
  5. What Is up With Hollywood Studios?
    By llama5492 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 04:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •