Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

Okay, I know this question will not be popular and most people will say no, but would it be good for Disney to have a Power Rangers land at the studios? Islands Of Adventure has Marvel, why not go one step ahead of them with a Power Ranger themed area with attractions and entertainment. The IP is about 15 years old this year and still around. The Japanse know the show since it based of one of their shows and plus it would give the studio more action and adventure. I am all for a Zord simulator dark ride.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Power Rangers land at Hollywood Studios?

Bad idea. It's a tired show, and has been for years now. Also, it's such a small segment of the tourists that it would attract. These are the things we want to avoid.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Bad idea. It's a tired show, and has been for years now. Also, it's such a small segment of the tourists that it would attract. These are the things we want to avoid.

Hmm. Well the francrise is still going strong on Jetix plus since Disney doesn't have a Marvel or a DC comics, this could make up for it. My little five year old nephew disagree with you about the small segment. Look at a Wal-mart action figure aisle and look what you find. To tell you the truth, I would be all for a DC Universe area of the studios if the WB let them. They could mop the floor with the Six Flags stuff. Just imagine Indy but with a Batmoble through Gotham, with a little bit with of the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man on the side.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Banned User

it appeals to kids until they are about 9 years old and then they get tired of it. I wouldn't like to see an entire land dedicated to them besides there already is a scifi attraction in star tours. I do think that maybe a temporary show in the summer on the streets of america would be interesting like they did with the turtles when the studios first opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    it appeals to kids until they are about 9 years old and then they get tired of it. I wouldn't like to see an entire land dedicated to them besides there already is a scifi attraction in star tours. I do think that maybe a temporary show in the summer on the streets of america would be interesting like they did with the turtles when the studios first opened.
    It appeal to adult as well. Just look at Morphcon.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Okay, I know this question will not be popular and most people will say no, but would it be good for Disney to have a Power Rangers land at the studios? Islands Of Adventure has Marvel, why not go one step ahead of them with a Power Ranger themed area with attractions and entertainment. The IP is about 15 years old this year and still around. The Japanse know the show since it based of one of their shows and plus it would give the studio more action and adventure. I am all for a Zord simulator dark ride.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Disney did do some sort of attraction for PP but I think even THEY know that a land itself would have little appeal. MARVEL is a much bigger franchise than Power Rangers...and more diverse. That's why a Marvel land seems more plausible. The big thing about Power Rangers is that I dont think the appeal is in the characters themselves but rather the action. There's been about 20 different generations of PP. Do you think that the target 11-12 year old male audience really cares for all the other power ranger groups dating as far back at the early 1990s? The answer is no...the only Power Rangers they are gonna care for are the ones currently on TV. And they dont care much for when these characters are off costume. And when they are in costume I mean it's been the same 5-6 colored suits for nearly twenty years. Not exactly as diverse as the hundreds of different recognisable Marvel characters.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if Disney did do some sort of attraction for PP but I think even THEY know that a land itself would have little appeal. MARVEL is a much bigger franchise than Power Rangers...and more diverse. That's why a Marvel land seems more plausible. The big thing about Power Rangers is that I dont think the appeal is in the characters themselves but rather the action. There's been about 20 different generations of PP. Do you think that the target 11-12 year old male audience really cares for all the other power ranger groups dating as far back at the early 1990s? The answer is no...the only Power Rangers they are gonna care for are the ones currently on TV. And they dont care much for when these characters are off costume.
    I am sure most of the kids know about Tommy through their parents.

what about the incredables?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank View Post
    what about the incredables?
    Too much Pixar is not a good thing.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Power Rangers?

No. No. No. No. No.

NO!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    H My little five year old nephew disagree with you about the small segment. L
    And that proves my argument. End of story.

And I don't even know what Jetix is, so it's not that popular. And the toy aisle has very little power rangers stuff at all.

It's not a good idea.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Minion

I didn't even know that Power Rangers were still popular to any degree.

Honestly I thought Power Rangers were old 10 years ago, for a while I had forgotten they were still at MGM/DHS

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    Honestly I thought Power Rangers were old 10 years ago, for a while I had forgotten they were still at MGM/DHS
    No, they have been on for 15 years and still going.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    And that proves my argument. End of story.

And I don't even know what Jetix is, so it's not that popular. And the toy aisle has very little power rangers stuff at all.

It's not a good idea.
    There is still a large amount of Power Ranger toys on the toy aisle. But, not enough to warrant a land in any theme park. Each time we've seen the Power Rangers at the park there were tons of kids to get autographs and meet them, but again not enough to warrant their own land. The walk around characters and the small show that we saw was more than enough "morphin time"

Quote Originally Posted by Toonaspie
    Do you think that the target 11-12 year old male audience really cares for all the other power ranger groups dating as far back at the early 1990s?
    I would have to disagree with you on that target age group. I have two boys, 13 and 9. My 13 year old hasn't liked Power Rangers in at least 8 years. My 9 year old hasn't liked them since Kindergarten or 1st grade. I'd place the age range more along the lines of 4-8 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe
    I am sure most of the kids know about Tommy through their parents.
    I remember Tommy from when my little brother watched them, I'd line up for his............uh autograph anytime

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast