View Poll Results: Do You Visit Other Attractions/Dinner Shows?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, never!

9 24.32%
  • Occasionally, but not often

15 40.54%
  • Yes, every visit

13 35.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Little Miss Sunshine

Do you visit other parks/attractions besides Disney?

This coming weekend, I'm going (along with some other sites), to tour Universal Studios (thank you to Eric!) And we are also doing the Pirates Adventure Dinner.

Last month, he invited me to Gatorland, which was really awesome - it would have never occured to me to go on my own. I may eventually get an AP.

Even though I live here, I tend to focus on Disney. Occasionally I've had a Sea World or Universal AP, but I never made it to the Dolly Parton dinner theater, or really to any other dinner shows or tourist attractions. When I was a kid, my family did (Circus World, Mystery Fun House, etc.).

So - this is getting me to think I need to branch out more. I notice that a lot of UK visitors visit many places, not just Disney. They often have more time, though.

Do you visit other attractions off Disney property?
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Do you visit other parks/attractions besides Disney?

I used to live 15-20 minutes from Busch Gardens. Didn't go there often, even when I had a Fun Card (I live about 30 minutes from there now). Been thinking about getting one of those adult admission for the kids price w/ a 2nd visit free promo as I haven't been there since 2001.

Been to Universal a couple times since I moved to Florida in 1999. Last time was I think 2004. Want to go back there sometime. Been at least 20 years since I last visited Sea World.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I used to live 15-20 minutes from Busch Gardens. Didn't go there often, even when I had a Fun Card (I live about 30 minutes from there now). Been thinking about getting one of those adult admission for the kids price w/ a 2nd visit free promo as I haven't been there since 2001.

Been to Universal a couple times since I moved to Florida in 1999. Last time was I think 2004. Want to go back there sometime. Been at least 20 years since I last visited Sea World.
    When I lived in the St. Pete area, I actually went to BGT a lot with a friend of mine. We did Disney often too. Not as much Universal (though when IOA opened, I did that quite a bit).

I've not been to SW in a couple of years now. I didn't go when I lived really close (a mile or two away), not sure why.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

I voted "nope" because I'm assuming the question is talking about attractions/parks in the LBV area. We only even venture outside of Disney's property to go to the grocery and Celebration - that's it.

If you're talking elsewhere in the world, then my answer would be all the time. I love traveling the world to visit other parks - especially with lots of roller coasters.
    -Tim

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Not since USH closed BTTF and Knotts turn into six flags....

• Delawarean Girl

No, only Disney.

I know I can get to Sea World like no problem with the Lynx bus. I really would like to see Universal Studios more, though. But don't know how to do that one. There would be only one thing I would want to see at Universal though.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Yup, I mean the WDW area (or Disneyland for those who go there too).

When I was at DL in July, I did the Universal VIP tour. That was absolutely fantastic, and I'd love to do it again.

If I travel elsewhere, I don't spend a lot of time at theme parks. I might pop in to DLP, but I've never been to any other Europe theme parks. I do love Dollywood though - and if it was open this month, I probably would have gotten to go.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• May the F=ma be with you

We visit off property attractions all the time. Fun Spot, Magical Midway, Pirate Cove and Jungle River mini-golf. If you want to call them attractions.
    I have only been in US once, never to IoA but I have been in Citi-Walk many times. I have visited SeaWorld numerous times as well. Add Cypress Gardens and KSC to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

I love going to WDW, but once in a while, I need something else... So I usually always hit Universal/IOA when I am down in Orlando, Seaworld I dont hit as much, because how many times can I look at fish? But yeah, when I am down there, I always make it a point to go to Universal/IOA. I would like to go to Cape Canaveral, and try their shuttle launch experience... see if its as good as Mission Space.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    We visit off property attractions all the time. Fun Spot, Magical Midway, Pirate Cove and Jungle River mini-golf. If you want to call them attractions.
    I have only been in US once, never to IoA but I have been in Citi-Walk many times. I have visited SeaWorld numerous times as well. Add Cypress Gardens and KSC to that list.
    I have never been to any of first places you mentioned (though anything with Go-Karts looks like fun). My family used to do mini-golf at the Mystery Fun House, though the only mini-golf I've done lately is Fantasia Gardens, which is great (and half price with an AP).

I'd like to try Cypress Gardens, though I know it switched ownership through bankruptcy court.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Blog Entries

My AP is actually to Universal since I can't currently afford the Disney APs. So I actually wind up visiting Universal far more than I do Disney.

• Another trip down I-4

Universal is actually closer for us than Disney - but we split our time between the two. It's not unheard of for us to drive down to Disney and on the way back, stop and ride the Hulk.

• Banned User

lets see, my daughter works at busch gardens so we have access to all busch parks and she gets into universal for free but have aps there also my son gets into press events at busch parks so we go quite often. I think the next big thing will be the aqauatica opening.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    Not since USH closed BTTF and Knotts turn into six flags....
    I'm not trying to be a stickler, but Knott's isn't a Six Flags park. They're owned by Cedar Fair which also owns the Soak City parks and other amusement parks around the world. They're now the third largest regional entertainment company.
    -Tim

• World Traveler

I've visited Universal and Sea World, and I've been to Busch Gardens, but I wouldn't go to those parks very often.

Disney, on the other hand, I can visit over and over again and never get bored.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast