Transportation between resorts

So we are staying at Pop and with a 4 year old we will be going back to our room miday most days for a nap. I have dinner reservations most days around 6:30 and we will probably head straight to dinner from Pop. Most days this will not be a big deal as we will be dining in the park we are returning to. However, one night we will need to go from Pop to Cape May at the Beach Club, and another night we will be going from Pop to the Polynesian.

And yet another night, we will be eating at Boma after AK closes, and will need to get from AK Lodge to Pop.

Any thoughts on the quickest/easiest ways to resort hop? Or do we need to transfer buses at a park?

Thanks!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Transportation between resorts

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    So we are staying at Pop and with a 4 year old we will be going back to our room miday most days for a nap. I have dinner reservations most days around 6:30 and we will probably head straight to dinner from Pop. Most days this will not be a big deal as we will be dining in the park we are returning to. However, one night we will need to go from Pop to Cape May at the Beach Club, and another night we will be going from Pop to the Polynesian.

And yet another night, we will be eating at Boma after AK closes, and will need to get from AK Lodge to Pop.

Any thoughts on the quickest/easiest ways to resort hop? Or do we need to transfer buses at a park?

Thanks!
    you will have to transfer at a park, if you don't have a car, but it's actually not bad for both. Cape May at the Beach Club is rigth outside of the International Gateway entrance at EPCOT. So, you can take a bus to EPCOT, then walk through the International Gateway in World Showcase (between France and the UK) and from there either walk or take the boat to the Beach Club.

To the Polynesian you can take a bus to the Magic Kingdom, then take the monorail.

For Boma, Just take the first bus to a park or Downtown Disney, then take the Animal Kingdom bus back. You can always take a bus to Downtown Disney if all the parks are closed.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Little Miss Sunshine

!
    The easiest way is always by car.

But for Pop - what I would personally do is to take a bus to Epcot or MGM, and walk to the resort. You can also take a boat from MGM (it's slow).

Pop to Polynesian - bus to MK, resort monorail. If I just miss a MK bus, I'd probably go ahead and catch an Epcot bus (if it comes soon) and get the monorail from there.

AK Lodge to Pop after AK closing - take the bus to Epcot, transfer. You can also take the bus to DD, but that is further.

There are usually multiple ways to get to/from a destination, depending on the time.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

So, you can take a bus to EPCOT, then walk through the International Gateway in World Showcase (between France and the UK) and from there either walk or take the boat to the Beach Club.
    I was kind of afraid of that. From what I remember though, that is quite a walk from the main EPCOT entrance all the way through World Showcase and then a bit of a walk? to the Beach Club?

Denise - sounds like what you are saying is that the quickest bus ride from Pop to park is Pop to EPCOT? That in and of itself is good to know. I thought the monorail was probably the best bet to get to the Polynesian.

Thanks guys...

• Little Miss Sunshine

I was kind of afraid of that. From what I remember though, that is quite a walk from the main EPCOT entrance all the way through World Showcase and then a bit of a walk? to the Beach Club?

Denise - sounds like what you are saying is that the quickest bus ride from Pop to park is Pop to EPCOT? That in and of itself is good to know. I thought the monorail was probably the best bet to get to the Polynesian.

Thanks guys...
    Epcot has a set schedule, they close at 9. So you are most likely going to find Epcot open when you want to transfer.

If MGM is open, then that is a great option too - or if AK had a late-night when you dined at Boma.

You do have a plethora of options. But personally, if I was going to the Beach Club for dinner, I'd prefer to bus to MGM. You won't have to go through the bag check, through any gates, and you can do the boat if you choose. Walking is usually faster, about 15 - 20 minutes (boat often a few minutes more).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If you miss Disney bus the next one may show up in 15 to 25 minutes
    Travel time about 20 to 30 minutes

To Beach Club from Pop Century
    You can take the Hollywood studio bus then transfer to Beach Club.
    You can walk to Beach club 15 to 20 minutes
    Friendship Studio boat is at dock and it will go to Beach club.
    (Note this if studio close at 7 Pm) or extra Evening hours.
    If Studio not opens that late then use Epcot bus.
    Get back use Epcot or Downtown Disney (DTD)

To Polynesian from Pop Century
    If Disney bus still go to Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC)
    Take TTC bus then you can walk to Polynesian or Resort Monorail. Note short walk.
    Take MK bus then get on Resort Monorail.

To Animal Kingdom lodge from Pop Century
    Most time Animal Kingdom close at 5:00 Pm Some days there is the Evening Extra hours.
    If yes then take the Animal Kingdom bus then get on the Animal Kingdom lodge bus
    If no then Studio or Epcot bus then to Animal Kingdom lodges bus.

If you running late: You have the Resort Bellhop call a Taxicab and only use the one Disney resort bellhop call.
    Taxicab needs about 20 to 30 minutes to get there.
    You always ask Disney bus driver or bellhop how to get there.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    To the Polynesian you can take a bus to the Magic Kingdom, then take the monorail.
    Or I believe they can take the bus to the TTA and then either hop on the monorail, or take a nice walk from the TTA through the Poly grounds to the main ceremonial house.

Either way would work of course.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    Or I believe they can take the bus to the TTA and then either hop on the monorail, or take a nice walk from the TTA through the Poly grounds to the main ceremonial house.

Either way would work of course.

The bus doesn't go to the TTA, just to the MK.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    The bus doesn't go to the TTA, just to the MK.
    So No more TTC bus Then outside resort bus are use DTD?
    Last edited by akfandisney; 02-07-2008 at 10:06 PM.
    Alan

Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    So No more TTC Then outside resort are use DTD?
    I am a little confused. The MK gets most of the Disney buses (I'm not sure on park to park buses, I think a few buses may go to the TTC). But overall, they go to the MK. I think that the TTC gets tour buses, outside-Disney buses and such.

The Pop Century bus goes to the MK.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 02-07-2008 at 08:23 PM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

I think pretty much everyone has it covered. A couple things to add.

1. One huge caveat to the walk through Epcot method to get to the Beach Club. or from there back to Pop. If you do not have hoppers and have visited a park other than Epcot that day, this method is not available to you because you then could not get into Epcot to walk through it. So if you're out at the Beach Club, can't walk through EP, and DHS is closed, I'd just call a cab at that point rather than try to use Mk or DTD as transfer points from there.

2. Try not to stay out so late that all the parks are closed and your only alternative to get back to Pop is to bus to DTD and then from there to Pop. You're far better off having the hotel call a cab rather than to take that route.

3. I take it you're hitting boma after a day at AK where it closes at 5 pm. We make our ressies for about 6:15-6:30 or so at Boma. That way, we don't have to rush out of AK and have some time to look around at AKL before having to report in.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Long time ago the Orlando city bus stop at TTC and there was Disney bus go to the Walt Disney resort.
    Alan

Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Banned User

I personally would get a rental car for the entire stay and make life easy. With the money you are saving by staying at the POP, a one-week rental should be affordable.

There are no buses to/from the TTC from WDW owned-and-operated resorts. In other words, you can't take a bus from Pop or Boardwalk to the TTC.

As far as park-to-park, from MK you MUST use the TTC to get to any of the other parks. To Epcot, it's the monorail to TTC and then another monorail beam to Epcot. To Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios, it's monorail to TTC, and then walk away from the platform, turn left towards the large bus area, and look for the proper bus stop (for AK or for DHS).

As far as the TTA, the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, I'm pretty sure there are no buses that go directly there.