Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

birthday/hard to find items

Hello

1. I've been reading the threads preparing for our trip in Mar. Other than Pepsi products and gum, what else can we expect not to find at WDW or in the resorts?

2. Our son turns 9 during our stay at the value resort, are there any special things we can look forward to? Do they offer special desserts or cakes anywhere?

Do you have any birthday tips for us?

Thanks,
    Addiblue

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Re: birthday/hard to find items

In regards to #2, I know when you visit the parks on his birthday, if you visit guest services, and tell them its his birthday, he will get a badge that says its his birthday and all the CM's will wish him a Happy Birthday when they see him...

In regards to #1, is there something in particular that you are looking to see if it can be purchased inside of Disney?

• I'm A

You can also get a wake up call from one of the characters if you ask at the Front Desk. I'm not quite sure who you can get though.
    Visit

Click the Banner

• Can't get enough!

If you are eating at a restaurant on property on his bday tell them and you should get a free birthday treat like a cupcake etc. Here is what I got at O'Hana on my birthday.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Wow, those responses were fast! Thanks.

I don't have anything in particular in mind, was just starting to make our list of what to bring. I know its a pretty general question, but I did see reference to those to things no being available. Oh yes, I recall polaroid film not being available too. Does anything else come to mind?

That cupcake is really cute. Is the mickey disk edible too? Does this apply to the resort counter meals too? Do we need to bring his identification showing the birthdate? If we don't need to, I don't want to risk losing his birth certificate

• Can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by addiblue View Post
    That cupcake is really cute. Is the mickey disk edible too? Where did you get that one? Does this apply to the resort counter meals too? Do we need to bring his identification showing the birthdate? If we don't need to, I don't want to risk losing his birth certificate
    That cupcake is from O'hana and yes the disc was edible but we didn't eat it! I don't think the counter service places have anything like that. And you don't have to show proof it's their birthday, they just saw my button I had got from the park and brought it out at the end of the meal.

Happy Belated Birthday!

• Can't get enough!

Happy Belated Birthday!

Thanks, it was back in July! Another "magical" thing that happened was a cast memeber saw my button and said Happy Birthday and tossed Mickey confetti at me, kinda fun!

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Wow, those responses were fast! Thanks.

I don't have anything in particular in mind, was just starting to make our list of what to bring. I know its a pretty general question, but I did see reference to those to things no being available. Oh yes, I recall polaroid film not being available too. Does anything else come to mind?

Funny thing about Polaroid film since you mentioned it....

Polaroid has announced it is discontinuing the Polaroid line of instant cameras and film...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You can sometimes get free dessert at the counter service places fi they see your birthday button. Also depends on the Cast Member. One year at EPCOT I got a free churro with my lunch in Mexico. Both times I've eaten at Cosmic Rays at the Magic Kingdom wearing my button, I got my pick of a free dessert. Also when I ate at the Crystal Palace, they decorated my table with streamers & confetti. I got a cupcake with a candle in it and a card signed by the Pooh characters. You never know what might happen when a CM sees the button. One time I even got to "drive" a Jungle Cruise boat!

• Can't get enough!

Don't know if any of you smoke, none of us smoke but I don't think they sell cigarettes on property do they?

They have 3 Hess stations on property that sell Pepsi. If you do not have a car just go to Downtown Disney and get off at the Pleasure Island bus stop it is right across the street. They do sell cigarettes at the resorts in the gift shop. Over $7.00 a pack but you know Disney will not miss a chance to rip off people. The beer has got so expensive in the resort gift shops they took down the prices hoping people won't look at the price when it is rung up.

Thankfully none of us smoke either!!!!!!

What are, and where are the Hess Stations? They have good pizza, yes?

Where are the guest services buildings?

What are zebra domes. I know its a dessert but whats in it?

• Too far from Disney World

I wore my birthday button in September when we were there. At Le Cellier at EPCOT I got a birthday dessert with a card signed by the staff that was working that day. I also got a Mickey curly straw from the cashier at the All Star Movies restaurant when we went through for breakfast. And I was offered a free dessert at Cosmic Rays as well when we went in there. Plus lots of happy birthdays and I got some stickers from somewhere as well (I can't remember which park). I got my birthday button at Magic Kingdom in the Town Hall. I just went in and said it was my birthday and my boyfriends first visit. The CM wrote our names on our buttons and wished us a good time!

We didn't have a problem with not being able to find things at the park but we did find a local Wal-Mart to get cheaper snacks for our room.
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast