Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 107
  1. #31

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by BALASADA View Post
    I checked and Space Mountain closed April 2003 and reopened July 2005 They closed earlier than expected because they could not promise it would be open in time for the 50th celebration of Disneyland. Unless they found a new way I expect it to be down also for at least 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    It's my recollection that they closed early when some track damage was discovered, forcing the closure. They could have fixed the bad patch and re-opened fairly quickly, but the decision was made to go ahead and close it all down and start the total replacement of the track.
    danyoung is correct. The ride was supposed to shut down I belive after the summer of 2003, but ended up closing earlier because they discovered some issues. I think it was on a Monday.

    I only say that because we rode it the day before it's un-announced shut-down and it was probably a Sunday.

    They didn't start working on the ride for some time because the refurb hadn't been scheduled.


  2. #32

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Junk View Post
    at this rate, i wont be suprised if it takes a serious accident or reported damage to force WDW's Space Mountain into a refurb. Ill just say this much.....in the last 6 months, some guests have been hit by pieces of the ride. thats not good....ever....
    That's just unacceptable. I remember several months ago that Space Junk posted about CMs having to manually brake rockets coming into the unload station. Space Mountain at WDW is in completely unexceptable condition. The current state of Space, proves that MK management is full of idiotic buffoons that need to be fired.
    Last edited by GhostHost2; 02-23-2008 at 03:21 PM.

  3. #33

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,820

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    I nearly had a heart attack, I thought this was for Disneyland's Space Mountain. Thank goodness it isn't. As Tim Gunn would say, "Carry on".

  4. #34

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    38

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    We rode SM this past Tuesday and it was terrible. So rickety and shaky. I know the ride is supposed to jostle you around a bit, but it's kind of ridiculous. I couldn't even enjoy it. It feels like you're riding on cobblestones.

  5. #35

    • Frustrated A/V Engineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,346

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Space Mountain at WDW is in completely unexceptable condition. The current state of Space, proves that MK management is full of idiotic buffoons that need to be fired.
    Well, if you're going to throw around terms like idiotic buffoons, you might want to make sure your own spelling skills are up to speed with words like "unacceptable".

    I'm just sayin' . . .

  6. #36

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Well, if you're going to throw around terms like idiotic buffoons, you might want to make sure your own spelling skills are up to speed with words like "unacceptable".

    I'm just sayin' . . .
    It's been corrected. Anyway, spelling isn't the ultimate measure of someone's intelligence, whereas letting a rollercoaster fall apart and have pieces of it hit riders, and still delay the refurbishment is a true sign of an idiotic buffoon.

  7. #37

    • Frustrated A/V Engineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,346

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    Well, the spelling thing was just a cheap shot on my part. But I still don't think you or any of us know enough about the situation to be calling anybody an idiotic buffoon. Shortsighted? Yup. Overly concerned about the bottom line to the stockholders and not enough with the magic that created the Disney empire in the first place? Absolutely. Ineffective middle management that is only doing what they think will impress their bosses, and bosses who are too entrenched in their tired corporate philosophy of greed to be able to step back and see what made their company great and what is now slowly killing their brand? Yeah. But idiotic buffoon? That's a bit too close to a personal attack against people that we don't even know, and I think is a bit harsh. Just my opinion, of course.

  8. #38

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    131

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    I really really want to ride this when I go in September as I never have before..But bits of the ride falling off...jeez, they really need to sort this ride out.

  9. #39

    • Mountain 3 to Space 1...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ or at Tower B side
    Posts
    23

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    Ok first of all.....

    I have heard the rumor of people getting hit by pieces of the ride... but also.. i worked there in 2006..

    at the end of the night, we go and raid the bottom of the track for lost and found items... lots of sunglasses, hats, even ipods.. not only that, half the trains are "in motion" at one given time during normal operation. In any case, it was prob a lost and found item such as sunglasses or a hat or something else. Ive never found a piece of the track, or a bolt, or anything on the ground after each night.. and i closed every time..

    the likeliness of the ride coming apart and falling on someone is slim to none, because maintenance runs track and inspects every single inch of that ride every single night.

    SO dont talk Sh*t about SM. or the managers or whatever your trying to prove because unless you have proof, you dont have a say in anything..

    OBVIOUSLY if that was happening, the ride wouldn't be in operation. How about YOU use your brain.

    Back to the point.. Ive heard this also, wanted to know the dates, ill be there in June with my fellow "ex" space CP's.

    Good to know it wont be closing till 09.
    Last edited by bdawg933; 02-28-2008 at 11:09 PM.

  10. #40

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    38

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    Bdawg, did you ever find any...um. Womens undergarments? I ask because I had a friend who a CP and swore she found a bra one night. I can't figure out how that happened and I think she's saying it to pull my leg!

  11. #41

    • Mountain 3 to Space 1...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ or at Tower B side
    Posts
    23

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    Hahah.. nope i didnt find any of those.. but ill ask around with my fellow CPs. thats funny tho.

    You would be surprised tho to what you would find there.. we had a good time with those clean ups
    Space What?!

  12. #42

    • Mountain 3 to Space 1...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ or at Tower B side
    Posts
    23

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    yeah we found some pretty interesting stuff there.. wallets FULL of money, peoples car keys, park tickets, hotel keys, water/drink bottles, food, mikey hats, stuffed animals, cell phones (they didnt quite make it out alive.. they blew up) a turkey leg... not sure how they got that in... i mean the list was endless.. anything you could carry with you, ended up on the floor.

    but ill add again to not cause a panic or speculation.. NO RIDE PARTS EVER. NO BOLTS, PINS, PARTS OF THE RIDE NOTHING!!

    one of the reasons theyre also redoing the ride is the fact its so old and breaks down all the time... most of the time not fault of ride operators.. or all you damn slow guests lol
    un-resetable 101's, and cascades..

    haha just some disney lingo.
    Space What?!

  13. #43

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by bdawg933 View Post
    Ok first of all.....

    I have heard the rumor of people getting hit by pieces of the ride... but also.. i worked there in 2006..

    at the end of the night, we go and raid the bottom of the track for lost and found items... lots of sunglasses, hats, even ipods.. not only that, half the trains are "in motion" at one given time during normal operation. In any case, it was prob a lost and found item such as sunglasses or a hat or something else. Ive never found a piece of the track, or a bolt, or anything on the ground after each night.. and i closed every time..

    the likeliness of the ride coming apart and falling on someone is slim to none, because maintenance runs track and inspects every single inch of that ride every single night.

    SO dont talk Sh*t about SM. or the managers or whatever your trying to prove because unless you have proof, you dont have a say in anything..

    OBVIOUSLY if that was happening, the ride wouldn't be in operation. How about YOU use your brain.

    Back to the point.. Ive heard this also, wanted to know the dates, ill be there in June with my fellow "ex" space CP's.

    Good to know it wont be closing till 09.
    I have proof in the fact that Space Mountain makes me (a healthly 22 year old) feel like I need to go to the hospital. There's something wrong with that IMO.

  14. #44

    • Mountain 3 to Space 1...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ or at Tower B side
    Posts
    23

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I have proof in the fact that Space Mountain makes me (a healthly 22 year old) feel like I need to go to the hospital. There's something wrong with that IMO.
    What is your proof?? Im 24, whats your point? I rode that every time i worked because i could. There was nothing wrong with me OR the ride.

    like i said until you give me proof, you have nothing to prove.

    And you said nothing to prove to me or anyone else about the ride falling apart or the "idiotic buffoon" comment.


    Hey there are just some people who cant ride space mountain... cant take it
    Space What?!

  15. #45

    • Mountain 3 to Space 1...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ or at Tower B side
    Posts
    23

    Re: Can someone confirm Space Mountain's refurb?

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGlove28 View Post
    Bdawg, did you ever find any...um. Womens undergarments? I ask because I had a friend who a CP and swore she found a bra one night. I can't figure out how that happened and I think she's saying it to pull my leg!
    now that i think of it, that totally could have happend. didnt happen when i worked, although you are in the dark... we only have cameras on the lift, at the load and unload stations.. not only that, but on special events like grad night, or the night of Joy.. theyre were crazy kids there!!

    so it could have happened. haha
    Space What?!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Space Mountain Refurb
    By GhostHost2 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 09:18 AM
  2. [Chat] Space Mountain's Unlit Meteor Is MIA
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 11:44 AM
  3. Splash Mountain's Refurb
    By mrfantasmic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 11:07 AM
  4. Please complain about the Space Mountain's line!!!
    By Disneyfreak in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 01:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •