• Confused One

Pal Mickey (pre Disney World) Review

Hey all I Just bought a pal and he showed up today. (This little mouse will not be quiet.) Well after having a heck of a time getting him on ebay (thats another story), he showed up. After I undid 8MILLION (felt like there were, but there were really only about 6) twist ties. AND THEY WERE GLUED TOGETHER. So after about 5 mins of trying to get the ties off I said NERT TO THIS and grabbed some sizers and cut the ties off.

Okay now that Mickey has been freed from the jail box (shackles) he starts talking right away. Kept telling me captain hook wanted to see me. Who knows what thats about. Heck he is still telling me that. SO who knows maybe he will reset when I get to the park who knows. BUt I can see it now I go to capt hook and say MICKEY SAID I SHOULD SEE YOU. I think he would just give me this weird look. But it's all good.

Okay back to Mickey. SO I read the owners manual and found out I have to turn him on. So on the back of mickey there is a Velcro thing on mikey's cape (don't worry when I find the pirate outfit he will change, Humm I wonder if I could pull the guts out of pal mickey and make a PAL STITCH. I might try this latter).

But anywho back to my review after I opened the Velcro I noticed a zipper so you unzip mickey and there are his GUTS. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Well at this time I notice the switch was already switched to off but that mouse was still talking so I turned him on and he started to vibrate. Then after about a 30secs he stops (does this each time you turn him on. Poor mickey he's had a rough life with already having the shakes at his young age). So after he starts up he wants to play a game asks me about the 7 dwarfs and stuff. Then told me Fantasmic (might have miss spelled that) is starting. But now he only talks when you press his hand or Chest so I said this is kinda cool.

Mickey will also tell you a ton more but right now he just wants to play games and sing songs. Guess he will do more when I get to the park.

So far if your a Disney Freak like me you must get this even if you don't take it to the park it's still neat.

So before disney world so far I give a 5 Star Rating out of 5 stars well worth the price really cool

I will update this after my Disney World Trip.

• Minion

Re: Pal Mickey (pre Disney World) Review

I'm glad you enjoy him. I thought he had some pretty interesting information while touring the parks. He also had some pretty funny things to say after some of the scary rides. Just be warned...some of his jokes are terribly corny!
    I want my cake back!

• Confused One

Yes they are but still funny

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I find it creepy that he was talking to you when his button was turned to off :\
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Isn't it great? Other than a couple of pins it was the only souvenir I bought myself. Be sure to take extra batteries with you. The set Pal Mickey came with died out on me in one day and it's no fun carrying around a Pal Mickey that doesn't talk. Also you might want to think about replacing the zipper pull because mine broke off mid trip and it was really hard open Mickey to turn him off. Luckily my roomie had a safety pin.

He still tells jokes and sings songs at the park too in between announcements

The only thing I don't like about Pal Mickey is that they don't update.

• Confused One

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I find it creepy that he was talking to you when his button was turned to off :\
    Yes it was

And about the batteries I will hit costco before I leave thanks for the advice mousercise I will also get a few safety pins too.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I was think to buy one of Pal Mickey.
    It was time you can rental one. At that any the Stores that sell Pal Mickey can up date his information.

This was way back in years.
    Now days I do not know if you can still do this?
    Pal Mickey may need to be the New Version.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Roller Coaster Aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    He talks while he's off because he's still in demo mode. That way when you squeeze his tummy or hand at the store he says something. But until you open him up and flip the on switch he keeps repeating the same three or four sayings over and over again.

Pal Mickey is great he may tell corny jokes but it's fun to have him with you at the parks.

When you visit the parks, make sure Mickey is facing forward. That's where he will be updated with some of the park information for that day.