Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Stitch and Monsters at MK

I visited Walt Disney World back in November and had a great time. I have to say, with everything that I was impressed with, there were only two things I found very underwhelming... Stitch's Great Escape and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor.

Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom, in my opinion, looks and feels so much better than the current Disneyland version. Therefore, the quality level of Stitch and Monsters in Tomorrowland (or any Disney theme park) is very unfitting. Granted, I understand that Alien Encounter was changed for being too intense, Stitch and Monsters seemed like filler attractions at best.

Is it just me, or does Magic Kingdom seem to be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to attraction quality?

While Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom seem to be getting the latest and greatest, there doesn't seem to be a lot of money being invested in Magic Kingdom.

What are your thoughts and why?

• MiceChat Partner Site

Re: Stitch and Monsters at MK

Most people here feel that Stitch and Monsters don't belong in Tomorrowland. Disney doesn't feel the need to spend lots of money on the Magic Kingdom because people will continue to come to that park no matter what they do. It is their best-known, trademark park. I'm pretty sure Splash Mountain (1992) was the last real big E-ticket attraction at that park.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyreporter View Post
    Most people here feel that Stitch and Monsters don't belong in Tomorrowland. Disney doesn't feel the need to spend lots of money on the Magic Kingdom because people will continue to come to that park no matter what they do. It is their best-known, trademark park. I'm pretty sure Splash Mountain (1992) was the last real big E-ticket attraction at that park.
    Does this mean it would be unlikely for Magic Kingdom to get the new Fantasyland that's being discussed in a separate thread?

i like stitch, its "futureistic" enough
    But Monsters Inc. its the worst thing that ever happened to ANY Tomorrowland

and the reason why Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot are getting newer attractions is because they need it. MK is and will always be "the" Disney Park. Even over DL

I happened to like Laugh Floor. Does it belong in Tomorrowland? Probably not. But, the attraction itself was cute.

Stitch on the other hand needs to go back to Alien Encounter.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Code90 View Post
    I visited Walt Disney World back in November and had a great time. I have to say, with everything that I was impressed with, there were only two things I found very underwhelming... Stitch's Great Escape and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor.

Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom, in my opinion, looks and feels so much better than the current Disneyland version. Therefore, the quality level of Stitch and Monsters in Tomorrowland (or any Disney theme park) is very unfitting. Granted, I understand that Alien Encounter was changed for being too intense, Stitch and Monsters seemed like filler attractions at best.

Is it just me, or does Magic Kingdom seem to be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to attraction quality?

While Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom seem to be getting the latest and greatest, there doesn't seem to be a lot of money being invested in Magic Kingdom.

What are your thoughts and why?

You forgot to mention the awful Tiki Room. But you're right. There's a certain Toonification going on in Tomorrowland that is unacceptable. Alien Encounter would probably be more popular at the Studios park... and so would the Laugh Floor.

MK is definitely getting the short end of the stick as far as quality of attractions go, but it's unfortunate that the other resorts are still playing "catch-up" to the amount that MK has.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank View Post
    i like stitch, its "futureistic" enough
    But Monsters Inc. its the worst thing that ever happened to ANY Tomorrowland

and the reason why Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot are getting newer attractions is because they need it. MK is and will always be "the" Disney Park. Even over DL
    For me, "The Disney Park" will always be Disneyland. I know coporate Disney doesn't see it that way sadly. Disneyland was the only one Walt walked in and had a lot of control over how it was built. Disneyland is a work of love and it shows. Plus Disneyland is the original and has the original versions of most attractions. At Disneyland you can ride the first steel roller coaster and see the first audio-animatronics show. There is so much magic in Disneyland, that no amount of money can reproduce it. Magic Kingdom feels like a more coporate park, and recent changes to it, have only helped the Magic Kingdom to spiral downward.

I actually rather have nothing where MILF and Tiki Room Under New Management are, instead of having to be reminded of those horrid attractions everytime I walk by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    You forgot to mention the awful Tiki Room. But you're right. There's a certain Toonification going on in Tomorrowland that is unacceptable.
    Glad, there is another Tiki Room Under New Management hater on here. Plus, not just Tomorrowland, but the entire park is becoming Toontown. Adventureland has the Tiki Room Under New Management and Aladdin's Magic Carpets. Soon, the Magic Kingdom will be renamed Jay Rasulo's Disney Character Merchandising Center.

MK is definitely getting the short end of the stick as far as quality of attractions go, but it's unfortunate that the other resorts are still playing "catch-up" to the amount that MK has.
    You meant parks, not resorts correct? The MK has far less to do than Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland.

• MiceChat Moderator

Yes, my bad. I meant parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank View Post
    MK is and will always be "the" Disney Park. Even over DL
    I hope I don't offend the die hard Magic Kingdom fans here, but I'm going to chime in on this.

Disneyland is an original and will always be THE Disney park. It's the only Disney park that Walt Disney personally enjoyed and created himself. Walt's influence is all over the place. You see it the very moment you walk into Disneyland.

Don't get me wrong. Magic Kingdom is a great park. I love it, and that's why it disappoints me to see subpar attractions there like Monsters, Stitch, and as someone earlier had mentioned, the Tiki Room Under New Management.

Magic Kingdom is awesome. It's larger, it's beautiful and its attendance exceeds Disneyland's by 2 million guests annually. However, Disneyland has it's own "Walt" personality and that's what makes it THE Disney park.

The next time you make a trip out to Disneyland, I would encourage you to take the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour. I think it will change your mind.

I enjoy the Tiki Room Under New Management. I'm not even sure why - I will readily admit that it's cheesy and over the top. Maybe all the color and lights just distracts me from paying attention to the actual show content. I get easily distracted by shiny objects.

Stitch in Tomororwland doesn't bother me, but I think having Monsters there is kind of strange. It seems better suited for DHS. I personally wish that Take Flight had not been sacrificed for Buzz. I think Tomorrowland could use another ride based around the Take Flight theme - that you get the experience of a real-world technology you may not otherwise encounter. (Of course, I had been to WDW 20+ times before I had ever set foot on an airplane, so maybe it's just me.)

So, consider that the WDI guys who created MILF, Stitch and Tiki Room Under New Management still have their high paying jobs, were promoted to senior management positions after creating Tiki Room Under New Management, and sit around in conference rooms in Glendale and make fun of Disney fans (like the people on these boards) calling them "foamers" because they "foam at the mouth whenever they see anything Disney."

They laugh at the people who make their six figure salaries possible and give them a crappy product to boot (over and over and over again), and their jobs seem perfectly secure. Anyone see a problem with that?
    Last edited by Mr. Eggz; 02-13-2008 at 09:18 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz View Post
    So, consider that the WDI guys who created MILF, Stitch and Tiki Room Under New Management still have their high paying jobs, were promoted to senior management positions after creating Tiki Room Under New Management, and sit around in conference rooms in Glendale and make fun of Disney fans (like the people on these boards) calling them "foamers" because they "foam at the mouth whenever they see anything Disney."

They laugh at the people who make their six figure salaries possible and give them a crappy product to boot (over and over and over again), and their jobs seem perfectly secure. Anyone see a problem with that?
    Yep, those people should have been fired or else severly demoted. I dont's "foam at the mouth whenever I see anything Disney," I foam at the mouth when I see something that would make Walt proud.

• Geoff London

I'm with halltd. I love the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Maybe it is in the wrong place but it's still a great attraction whether you regard it as a filler or not. Maybe you didn't get picked to crack a joke? We had some great ones at the session we attended.
    As for Stitch, I hate the wretched creature with a vengeance. Alien Encounter was a superb attraction - AAs and effects at their best. Just because some parents couldn't read or ignored signs about the intensity of the show and it scared their little ones, we lost an amazing spectacle. Maybe it should be reproduced at EPCOT or the Studios but, of course, it won't.
    Stitch "belching" is disgusting and I'm pretty darn sure Walt would never have allowed that.
    Tomorrowland is lacking The Robinsons surely?

And am I the only one who hates Tiki Room -Under New Management or not!
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• and too all a good fright

Tommorowland at MK competes with the underlying themes (progress) of Epcot and I think that dillutes both properties in a lot of ways.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by flotsam_mike View Post
    Tommorowland at MK competes with the underlying themes (progress) of Epcot and I think that dillutes both properties in a lot of ways.
    Very true! Spaceship Earth and Mission: Space are very Tomorrowlandish. Even the name "Future World" is the same meaning as Tomorrowland.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast