Thread: Tours

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Tours

I've been looking at doing some tours during my next visit to Walt Disney World next year and I've been looking though the list that the Resort offers at each of its park and with such a wide list of tours Im stuck on which tours to take.Im interested in doing both the Backstage Safari and the Wild By Design tours at Disney's Animal Kingdom parks,as there both look really good.But Im not sure about the tours at Epcot and the Magic Kingdom parks,anyone taken in the past any of these tours who could advise me on the best one for your money?

• I was deleted.

Re: Tours

I cannot right now, but if you save this thread and remind me in a couple of months I can give you more information on them.. or at least my opinion on them.

• Banned User

the backstage one at Epcot is good i hear... Takes you in some places and explains why they exist/existed...

MK's takes you into the utilidor for 5 seconds.. unless they changed it....

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Thanks BigPigletFan I'll make sure to remind you about this thread in a couple of months time.

I got to try one of the tours at Disneyland Anaheim and while the seating for fireworks and the riding three attractions without joining a line was cool,I would actually like to do a Disney tour where I'll actually learn some facts.Thats why I think the Animal tour at Animal Kingdom may be interesting.

Epcot seem to also have some great Living Seas tours available too,which may be something interesting to look into.

• Disney Memory Maker

I was on the Keys to the Kingdom tour (MK) last year and it was really fun. Most of it is in the park, but you learn a lot of things. You spend about 5 minutes back stage (by Splash Mountain), about 7-10 minutes in the Utilidors and you get to go on two rides (where they tell you hidden things/secrets about the rides. It is relatively cheap and a good amount of time.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Classic Animation

We took the backstage World Showcase tour. It is excellent. Very informative and fun. We highly recommend it.

• Minion

The ULTIMATE tour is the Backstage Magic tour. It takes you behind the scenes at the Magic Kingdom (including Utilidors), as well as behind the scenes at Epcot (you might be able to view the American Adventure from backstage). You also visit Central Shops (where ride repair and refurbishment is done), the holiday storage center, the WDW florists, horticulture central. . . as well as the Disney-MGM Studios for lunch. It's an 8 hour tour. Pricey, but it covers a lot.

Undiscovered Future World is also very fun. You might have a chance to go upstairs in the Imagination pavilion, and like Backstage Magic, you'll see a lot of facilities. Keys to the Kingdom is mostly informative, but depending on who your tour host is, it might change your entire outlook on Disney.

Good luck deciding! More reviews are offered at www.wdwig.com

• Self Congratulative

I've been on almost every tour at WDW, including the living Seas, which requires a SCUBA liscense.

My favorite one by far was the Magic Behind the Steam Trains.

My parents took both the Keys to the Kingdom tours and the Undiscovered Future World 2 years ago. They did the Epcot one first and then after they did the MK one, they said the MK was no good compared to the Epcot one! Out of the 2, if you want to have a look at the backstages, how "everything works" so that the Cast Members do they're magic... then Undiscovered Future World is for you. On the other hand, like others have said, Keys to the Kingdom is mostly informational.