Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Partner Site

What is your favorite Deluxe Resort?

This is my weekly blog on my website and in my weekly newsletter. I would like to know your favorite deluxe resort and feel fre to view a sample of our weekly newsletter at my website: www.wdwpeakseasons.com

The Deluxe resorts are: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club & yahct Club, Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Poylnesian, and Wilderness Lodge. These are the most expensive resorts, but have the largest rooms and the most amenities. These resorts can range in price depending on the type of room you choose and the season you vacation in.

These resorts each have a different theme, and each is close to a certain park. The Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Contemporary are on the Magic Kingdom Monorail line. The Magic Kingdom is a short boat ride from Wilderness Lodge. Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, and Yacht Club are within walking distance of EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park and the Animal Kingdom Lodge are within minutes of each other. The Deluxe resorts are places where you can spend a significant amount of your day, so if you are planning on not spending the majority of your time in the parks, a deluxe resort may be the way to go. Cost could be a factor in your decision. The cost for deluxe rooms ranges from $225 - $2100 depending on the room type, the season, and the view you want.

[FONT='Times','serif']So which is the best Deluxe resort? This is so hard to say because each offers something unique to guests. It really depends on your tastes and what theme best fits your family. For our family it is Animal Kingdom Lodge. Where else can you go out on your balcony and have the opportunity to see giraffes, zebras, and other wildlife? The lodge itself is so wonderfully done, that you have a hard time believing you are in central Florida. It also offers two of the best restaurants on the Disney property, Boma- a buffet featuring many African flavored offerings, as well as standard American foods, and Jiko- which is a fancy restaurant focusing on exotic menu options.

[FONT='Times','serif']If money is not a huge concern, then any of the deluxe resorts are a great choice. Disney truly did a remarkable job in creating these resorts as a way to make you feel like you are miles away from everything. If money is a large concern, then you can always do what we do once a year and save some money and head over to Pop Century!!! [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: What is your favorite Deluxe Resort?

Room size and amount of guests allowed is a factor as well. The Polynesian resort as well as the Contemporary has much larger rooms than the WL/AKL. Sometimes the difference between a WL Courtyard view room and the Polynesian garden isn't too much - I would always take the extra daybed (and allowing for the 5th in the room). Also, the MK area resorts have been rehabbed.

Then there are the DVC resorts, which are more expensive than many of the deluxes.

My favorite is the Polynesian, followed by probably the WL and the CR.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 02-16-2008 at 02:37 PM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• making magic is fun!

I love the deluxes. I have stayed at every resort and I would say the GF is my fav.
    Here are some pics from my GF stays.

Kelly

• future rockstar/imagineer

we stay in a deluxe every time we go because we have 5 people in our family and they daybed helps us to not have to get 2 rooms somewhere. My favorite is the yatch club because of how close it is to Epcot and Hollywood studios

• making magic is fun!

YC is soo nice. We stayed there in December and I really like the lobby and how much more quiet it all was than the BC. I also love walking to Epcot and DHS from there.
    Kelly

I love the Boardwalk--the atmosphere and location are wonderful.

• Yes?

For atmosphere I just love AKL. It is a very quiet and calming resort to me and the interactive storytime by the firepit at night is great. Now for location and atmosphere I would say BC....closest walk to Epcot. We try to stay there during F&G or F&W.

I recently did a picture tour of AKL while staying in one of the new DVC studios in Oct if anyone would like to take a look at the album it is here:
    http://family.webshots.com/album/560...R?vhost=family
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• making magic is fun!

Great pics evil queen
    Kelly

• Yes?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• missing the DisneyGallery

No question about it; Polynesian hands down. Though I must admit I have never stayed at the Beach Club.

When attractions were original

• Minion

The only deluxe we've ever stayed at is the Poly and it was fantastic! Hard to beat the convenience of the monorail, plus how compact it is - doesn't take much walking to get from place to place there.

• We'll hold them at bay

I have never stayed at the AKL but it is very cool. I love the Boardwalk
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• World Traveler

My favorite themed deluxe resort is the Wilderness Lodge. For location, I loved the Grand Floridian, where you can take the monorail (one stop) to the Magic Kingdom and take a boat back and be in your room in a few minutes.

• Disney Dreams

I <3 the Contemporary and Polynesian.

• Pixiedust?

I must say, I do love the Wilderness Lodge for the theming because it just feels so homey, but I also love the Poly because of it's location. But we didn't spend but 2 half days at the Magic Kingdom when we went this summer, out of all 7 days we were there. So for us, the Wilderness Lodge was better at that time.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast