What was teh enterance handstamp?

I know they discontinued the use of the UV reactive handstamp for re-entry recently, but can any describe to me, as best as possible, what the stamp looked like?

Was it a classic mickey (tri-circle)? Was it different at each park?

Will explain more later, need answers now!

Thanks

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Re: What was teh enterance handstamp?

Dumbo
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Banned User

A different handstamp was used depending on the day of use. Though usually you couldn't tell what it was because of the way CMs stamped it on your hand.

any idea what some of those different stamps may have been? were they all characters or were there castles, SSE's, etc? seems one of them was dumbo, thats all I've got so far.

thanks,
    BH

in Paris they stopped the stamps too - I know that they used a castle stamp on some days

• I was deleted.

They didn't stop these at Disneyland or at least had them the other week. So my question is, WHY did they stop them at Walt Disney World?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    They didn't stop these at Disneyland or at least had them the other week. So my question is, WHY did they stop them at Walt Disney World?
    I believe this article shows the new finger scan they do and is why they don't do the handstamps at WDW any longer. I couldn't tell ya what the stamps at WDW were, at DL, they have just the names of characters. Ones I can remember seeing: Zorro, Daisy, Ariel.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Banned User

everyone including those like me who have olde.. park hopper passes must use the biometrics now... (Thats it.. Time for an AP...)(can anyone donate money for 2 APs... LOL)

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    I believe this article shows the new finger scan they do and is why they don't do the handstamps at WDW any longer. I couldn't tell ya what the stamps at WDW were, at DL, they have just the names of characters. Ones I can remember seeing: Zorro, Daisy, Ariel.
    Oh I know about the finger thing since they have that on the Magic Your Way ticket information and such. (Trust me, guests don't like not being able to share tickets with their family and such.. but I don't make the rules people! ) anyway.. I guess that makes sense about the no stamping. I just never thought of it much. And then with this thread and the enterance stamp. I only got that on the 17th at DCA (for Disneyland) when I got my ears, wristband, etc.

thanks for the info guys, if anyone remembers anything else lemme know, though it seems as the stamps could be anything really.

not to change my own topic but whats the deal with these wristbands I keep noting DL/DCA guests talking about? - though I should prolly just search

• Been there-Doing it again

I drove monorails in the late 70's and then it was just a major animated character's name. Sometimes when I was opening and would call Operations to find what the name for the day was they would ask who I would like. It was kind of cool knowing I picked the name on everyone's hand that day.

I remember Epcot's being the old Epcot symbol at one point. Probably a very long time ago. I haven't gotten a handstamp in years and years.

Each park would use a different stamp for different days of the week. Obviously, this was to prevent: a) the use of a handstamp at a park other than where the ticket was originally used (if the guest did not have a park hopper ticket) and b) to prevent the guest from not washing his or her hand and getting into the park a day or so after the ticket was originally used.

In the late 90's, the stamps were simple one-word phrases that pertained to the park issuing the hand stamp. I seem to remember my hand stamps from one trip were: dream (Magic Kingdom), imagination (Epcot) and stage (Disney-MGM Studios).

The handstamps were used all the way up until the debut of the Magic Your Way passes, which requires all adults to use the biometric scanners at the turnstiles. In the past, guests that used the biometric scanners for special passes, such as Annual Passes, were not required to get a hand stamp for park re-entry.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I also remember Alice being one, and I do remember the old Spaceship Earth logo, (the old EPCOT logo) as Maelstrom said earlier.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!