Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Hannah Montana Make overs... TRUE!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    I have no problem with it being Hannah Montana....I have just seen the "princess" makeovers, and wonder what exactly this will end up looking like. I mean, the "princess" makeovers make the little girls look, well, skanky. With colored hair, braids all over the place, nine pounds of makeup.....what will the Hannah version look like?

Much, much, worse.

• We'll hold them at bay

so little girls like to play with their hair and makeup. Its not that big of deal to me. They're having fun.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The biggest problem is not the inclusion of franchises such as Hanna Montana , but their over abundance. These franchised are exploited until they are bled dry. The latest fad gets thrown about everywhere from the parks, to the resorts, to the local Disney Stores. These franchises are designed to be fads that will eventually die and then be replaced with another engineered fad.

The whole purpose of the Disney Vault is to intentionally repress supply while demand remains. Films are released every several years to fanfare. The execution of these properties prevents any sort of revival or increase in demand due to limited supply. The market is flooded and nothing more.

Continual success is very good to see from Disney. History has shown that this must eventually come to a lull in which the success of properties are not as great. This was true even during Walt's lifetime. Unlike the classics, I do not see any of these successful properties ever being able to be revived.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The biggest problem is not the inclusion of franchises such as Hanna Montana , but their over abundance. These franchised are exploited until they are bled dry. The latest fad gets thrown about everywhere from the parks, to the resorts, to the local Disney Stores. These franchises are designed to be fads that will eventually die and then be replaced with another engineered fad.

The whole purpose of the Disney Vault is to intentionally repress supply while demand remains. Films are released every several years to fanfare. The execution of these properties prevents any sort of revival or increase in demand due to limited supply. The market is flooded and nothing more.

Continual success is very good to see from Disney. History has shown that this must eventually come to a lull in which the success of properties are not as great. This was true even during Walt's lifetime. Unlike the classics, I do not see any of these successful properties ever being able to be revived.
    I agree. Even, if Hannah Montana and High School Musical weren't bled (sp) dry now, nobody would remember them in 10 years. Disney needs to focus on products that stand the test of time, it is a lot more profitable in the long run.

Truly great movies like Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, (I know those, aren't Disney, but still) Snow White, Bambi, and Mary Poppins continue to make money for many years after their initial release, and also become treasured. In 5 years, High School Musical and Hannah Montana DVDs will be in the 1 dollar bin at a movie trading place.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

I don't have any problems with the Hannah Montana makeover. It's being offered at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique as *one* option of several makeover options--including the traditional Princess makeovers. It's not like they're creating a special Hannah Montana Boutique in one of the parks or stores.

That being said, it would be nice if Disney was able to create new franchises that will stand the test of time like a few posters have mentioned above. That's how Disney differentiates itself from other entertainment companies and theme park brands. It's one element that makes Disney "Disney" and not say..."Universal".

Okay, time to get off this fence I'm straddling.

• Minion

Any word on a Billy Ray makeover for the guys?

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I agree. Even, if Hannah Montana and High School Musical weren't bled (sp) dry now, nobody would remember them in 10 years. Disney needs to focus on products that stand the test of time, it is a lot more profitable in the long run.

No they don't. This is not an attraction or even a stage show. This is the perfect way to take advantage of the Hannah Montana thing. In 10 years, you know there will be a little girl/tween icon. So it will be the Sarah Dakota or Grade School Dance Show boutique
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    That being said, it would be nice if Disney was able to create new franchises that will stand the test of time like a few posters have mentioned above. That's how Disney differentiates itself from other entertainment companies and theme park brands. It's one element that makes Disney "Disney" and not say..."Universal"

Well now thats just the trick. Lets go out an "create a classic" - AKA American Idol. Just because 3 people and a bunch of screaming people with cell phones say that this is "your next American Idol" then it must be so. Not working very well is it now?

You don't set out to create a classic. It just happens. Who knows why? There are of course certain consistent elements, such as broad appeal and non-dated refrences - but just because a product has those elements, does not mean it will become a classic.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

The nice thing is, that it is just a makeover! So if you do not like Hannah Montanna you can easily avoid this and the price tag, if you are a Hanna Montanna super fan you can get all decked out and get ready to audtion for American Idol at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

I personally think synergy is a good thing, no one does it better than Disney, and I think we should all pretend like the little girls are Hannah Montanna and ask for their autographs!

Personally when I was a child I would have loved to be made over as, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, or Rainbow Bright (don't ask). So I say cheers to it and I can't wait to take my nieces to it and get them all dolled up!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

I just want to know why the girls get to have all the fun? Where's the boutique for Jack Sparrow, Troy Bolton or Buzz Lightyear?

If adults can walk around with Mouse ears and outrageous hats and pins all over them, let the kids have some fun too. Besides, Disney is a place the entire family should be allowed to have fun together.

Isn't it Tokyo where adults come to the parks dressed in full costume like Slim from A Bug's Life?
    -Tim

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    I just want to know why the girls get to have all the fun? Where's the boutique for Jack Sparrow, Troy Bolton or Buzz Lightyear?

There is the Pirate and Jedi Training shows that let the boys play-act much like these boutiaues let the girls pretend to be Hannah and the Princesses
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Banned User

Ugh. At least with Disney's 3 season rule, Hannah will be a thing of the past in a year or two. I'm just scared to see what they come up with next.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Ugh. At least with Disney's 3 season rule, Hannah will be a thing of the past in a year or two. I'm just scared to see what they come up with next.
    What exactly is Disney's 3 season rule? Does that mean a show can't run for more than 3 years on the Disney channel?

• Banned User

Well, the Three Season Rule helps to keep the channel fresh. only 3 shows made it past and got canceled a season after. No show can run over 65 episodes or 3 seasons, which ever comes last. Successful shows such as Lizzie McGuire got canceled because of that rule, and hopefully Hannah Montana will too.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    I'm still laughing at:

"gag me. with a spoon"

yay 80s!
    Like, totally grody to the max!

I really need to watch Valley Girl now.

There is the Pirate and Jedi Training shows that let the boys play-act much like these boutiaues let the girls pretend to be Hannah and the Princesses
    Jedis are way cooler than Hannah Montana. And this is coming from a girl.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast