Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Hannah Montana Make overs... TRUE!

Pirates > Jedis

I think they need to include a Captain Jack wig at BBB for the boys! Except I fear they would get a lot of 19 year old guys coming in there...

I'm a sap, but I love seeing the little girls all decked out with sparkly hair and princess dresses. It just makes the atmosphere that much more fun.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well now thats just the trick. Lets go out an "create a classic" - AKA American Idol. Just because 3 people and a bunch of screaming people with cell phones say that this is "your next American Idol" then it must be so. Not working very well is it now?

You don't set out to create a classic. It just happens. Who knows why? There are of course certain consistent elements, such as broad appeal and non-dated refrences - but just because a product has those elements, does not mean it will become a classic.

-dave
    I think the biggest problem is the narrow appeal. These items could never be rereleased for DVD as they are far too centered on pop-tween culture.

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    The nice thing is, that it is just a makeover! So if you do not like Hannah Montanna you can easily avoid this and the price tag, if you are a Hanna Montanna super fan you can get all decked out and get ready to audtion for American Idol at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

I personally think synergy is a good thing, no one does it better than Disney, and I think we should all pretend like the little girls are Hannah Montanna and ask for their autographs!
    The issue is not synergy or even the availability of merchandise. The problem is the unrestrained flooding of merchandise into all facets of the Disney retail operations. The modern thought is that Disney is Disney and that is all. It doesn't matter if it is the local Disney Store or Frontierland, it is a Disney retail operation and needs the latest fads. Does Pirates of the Caribbean really need to be sold at Innoventions? The whole design of Disneyland had individual areas about the different interests of Walt Disney. There was organization. I would be all for bringing Hannah Montana to Walt Disney World, but bring the franchise to a thoughtful location.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Well, the Three Season Rule helps to keep the channel fresh. only 3 shows made it past and got canceled a season after. No show can run over 65 episodes or 3 seasons, which ever comes last. Successful shows such as Lizzie McGuire got canceled because of that rule, and hopefully Hannah Montana will too.
    I would say this is part of the problem too. It is all focused on today. By the time the episode limit is reached, the show has pretty much run its course. Another networks can have shows run for much longer and maintain an audience, and I do not see why Disney could not do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    ...It doesn't matter if it is the local Disney Store or Frontierland, it is a Disney retail operation and needs the latest fads. Does Pirates of the Caribbean really need to be sold at Innoventions? The whole design of Disneyland had individual areas about the different interests of Walt Disney. There was organization. I would be all for bringing Hannah Montana to Walt Disney World, but bring the franchise to a thoughtful location.
    I totally agree with you on that statement. That is my biggest pet peeve with merchandising recently. It seems like every single store at every single location (park, Downtown Disney, resorts, local malls, restaurants, etc...) sell the exact same merchandise. I just don't get it. Well, I do. It's cheaper to buy more of the same item than less of many different items. But, to me at least, they're making the resort and the brand pretty generic and bland by doing so.

Why don't they just build the same resorts all over the place, or completely duplicate the parks all over the world? It would definitely be cheaper that way. I think they may have forgotten that people payed more for the Disney experience because it was unique. The same would apply to merchandising I would assume. But, I guess I could be completely wrong too. I just miss the unique shops you used to be able to find all over WDW.
    -Tim

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    Pirates > Jedis

sacriledge
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Successful shows such as Lizzie McGuire got canceled because of that rule, and hopefully Hannah Montana will too.

why? I don't understand this anti-Hannah sentiment. This show isn't nearly as bad as some of the other dreck tweens and kids watch. Not by a long shot.
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGlove28 View Post
    I think they need to include a Captain Jack wig at BBB for the boys! Except I fear they would get a lot of 19 year old guys coming in there...

I'm a sap, but I love seeing the little girls all decked out with sparkly hair and princess dresses. It just makes the atmosphere that much more fun.
    I think they do have a pirate type makeover. And maybe even Peter pan. Granted, I think all the really do is get the costume. They do all have the "cool dude" hair do that they spike the hair and color it and put confetti stuff in it. They boys don't get equal treatment but at least they aren't totally left out.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    I think they do have a pirate type makeover. And maybe even Peter pan. Granted, I think all the really do is get the costume. They do all have the "cool dude" hair do that they spike the hair and color it and put confetti stuff in it. They boys don't get equal treatment but at least they aren't totally left out.
    The haircuts at the Harmony Barber Shop are hair cuts and, if desired, some colored gel and "pixie dust". The costumes would have to be purchased elsewhere.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    why? I don't understand this anti-Hannah sentiment. This show isn't nearly as bad as some of the other dreck tweens and kids watch. Not by a long shot.

I gotta agree with you on this one. My 6 year old loves it. My 9 year old can't stand it, because it's "cool" to not like it.

I enjoy tormenting them both by walking around belting out "You get the best of both worlds" over and over again in a voice so off key you would think I have to work to get it that bad (nope, all natural talent I have for butchering songs)

My brother does the same thing as well - must run in the family

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• DLR

OMG... I just saw this on the news. The guy who was talking about it, said (afterwards) "America has become wrong."

At least it is in Florida and not Cali .

• Can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The haircuts at the Harmony Barber Shop are hair cuts and, if desired, some colored gel and "pixie dust". The costumes would have to be purchased elsewhere.
    I believe you are correct about the costumes. But they do have the "cool dude" hair dos (not cuts) at the BBB!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    I gotta agree with you on this one. My 6 year old loves it. My 9 year old can't stand it, because it's "cool" to not like it.

I enjoy tormenting them both by walking around belting out "You get the best of both worlds" over and over again in a voice so off key you would think I have to work to get it that bad (nope, all natural talent I have for butchering songs)

My brother does the same thing as well - must run in the family

-dave
    we must be related (we are both in Jersey right?) as my father does the same exact thing to my daughter
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    I'm still laughing at:

"gag me. with a spoon"

yay 80s!

Rainbow Brite

hahahahaha

yep 80's!

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    OMG. Kill me.
    What you mean you don't want the BBB Gift certificate for you birthday this year???
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    I believe you are correct about the costumes. But they do have the "cool dude" hair dos (not cuts) at the BBB!

Yeah and in about 10 years later Disney will have Dr. Ludwick von Drakes psychotherapy salon for all the poor boys who's parents made them do it... Hope it works better than Donald's anger management institute...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast