SpectroMagic viewing

We will be eating at the Liberty Tree on Thurs. 2/28 6:20 reservation. We are hoping to also catch Spectro that night. Any chance of that? How close does the parade route come to LT and which direction does it go?

Anyone have an estimate of how long dinner takes at LT?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: SpectroMagic viewing

The parade passes directly in front of Liberty Tree. Not sure if you can see it from inside though.

What time is the parade? I'd say an hour to an hour and 1/2 to eat, it also depends on how big your party is. So if the parade is at 8:00 you should be fine.

• May the F=ma be with you

Spectro is at 7:00 that night. You may be cutting it really close. It would depend on how long it takes for the floats to travel from parade start (Main Street) to LS.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    We will be eating at the Liberty Tree on Thurs. 2/28 6:20 reservation. We are hoping to also catch Spectro that night. Any chance of that? How close does the parade route come to LT and which direction does it go?

Anyone have an estimate of how long dinner takes at LT?
    I'm assuming the 7 pm start posted above is accurate.

The parade goes right by LTT. It goes from the direction of the hub and towards frontierland at that point or right to left looking at it as you come out the exit of LTT. A 7 pm Spectro start will bring the beginning of the parade by LTT around 7:20 ish or so. To make it work, you'd have to get right in (not a given), eat with a purpose, and get out. You've absolutely no margin for error and might not even make it as it is. Why pay all that money for a character meal only to worry about getting right in, having to hurry and eat and worry about if the characters are going to be fast enough? I'd either reserve earlier, or plan to hit spectro another night.

I was hoping it went right by LTT. We won't rush our dinner. I think we will show up early though (before reservation time) to see if we can't get seated a bit earlier.

So no outdoor seating or viewing from the restaurant then? That's too bad because that would be ideal! If the parade starts at Main Street though I wonder how long it takes to get to the LTT. That will at least give us an extra 5 -10 minutes I would imagine.

The other night we are planning on being at MK we will be eating at O'hana and I know there is no chance we will catch it that night.

Quote Originally Posted by abarry90 View Post
    I was hoping it went right by LTT. We won't rush our dinner. I think we will show up early though (before reservation time) to see if we can't get seated a bit earlier.

So no outdoor seating or viewing from the restaurant then? That's too bad because that would be ideal! If the parade starts at Main Street though I wonder how long it takes to get to the LTT. That will at least give us an extra 5 -10 minutes I would imagine.

The other night we are planning on being at MK we will be eating at O'hana and I know there is no chance we will catch it that night.
    Showing up early is an excellent idea. No guarantees though. No outside seating that I recall. The start of the parade should reach LTT by about 7:20 ish or so give or take 5.

For future reference, we leave about 1.5 hours between our adr and parade start time over at LTT and we leave 2 hours at CP. And on some occasions, even that isn't enough. This leaves us time to get over to frontierland to watch the parade where crowds are lighter.

Yeah - I would have liked an earlier reservation but we booked the vacation only 6 weeks out so there wasn't alot of choice left for available reservation times. 6:20 was the earliest I could get. We'll just get there early and hope that maybe they can seat us a bit early. At least we are right there on the parade route so even if we don't catch the whole parade, maybe we can catch part of it.