Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

At the parks and a bit disappointed...

So my twin sister, mom and I spent the morning at MK and are now waiting for IllumiNations to begin. While the crowds and lines haven't been bad at all, we have had several poor encounters with cast members today. I am so very disappointed! This morning while entering the ferry gate, an older cast member let a swinging gate hit my sister's leg. It was cleary an accident but after doing so, he mumbled "sorry" and rolled his eyes! I was SO disappointed. She wasn't hurt but she has developed a nasty bruise. I should have checked his nametag but it didn't occur to me until after he had turned around. This evening we went to the Paris pastry shop in the World Showcase. A couple behind me in line was having trouble understanding a French CM. He then said to them, "Sorry, I'm only speaking French tonight." I thought that was rather uncalled for. We also had a...drill-sargent like CM at PhilHarmagic. Nothing awful but definitely not Disney standards.It hasn't ruined our trip and we have enjoyed ourselves. I used all of my Dream Dollars from my Disney Visa to purchase my sister's and my tickets and this is our last 'family' vacation before I move, so it's a bit disheartening when The Most Magical Place on Earth is tarnished in customer service areas.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Re: At the parks and a bit disappointed...

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGlove28 View Post
    .... this is our last 'family' vacation before I move, so it's a bit disheartening when The Most Magical Place on Earth is tarnished in customer service areas.
    Sorry you've had a few problems with some CMs. Don't let it dishearten you. IllumiNations is starting in about 12 minutes. Turn off your internet access, be with your family and enjoy the wonder that the show is.

You'll have a great time.

• Were you there?

Unfortunately that's what $7.00 an hour buys these days.

That said, there a still a lot of great cast members either because they love it or are old school (and better paid)

Wake up Disney!

BT
    22 is NOT my age (unfortunately)...

Every visit I take down names, work locations and dates/times of the cast members who are doing a really great job. Then I email [email protected] with a "thank you" email describing why these cast members did such a great job. During my last visit of only four days, I had a list of ten cast members that I emailed.

According to guest services at Epcot, these emails are taken very seriously and the cast member will receive recognition and notes in their employment record as such.

Sure, there are always a handful of cast members that are either not the best or just shouldn't be there. But, I don't let them bother me unless they've done something completely rude and obnoxious. Then I comment to guest services in person. Otherwise, it's not worth my effort. They'll eventually go away anyways.

I'd rather spend my time and energy applauding those that do a great job so they get recognized and stick around longer. If the good cast members are happy there, it will rub off on others, especially if they see their coworkers being promoted and congratulated.
    -Tim

• World Traveler

Sorry about all this. Maybe you should go to Guest Services and just let them know your feelings.

Blog Entries

There are literally thousands of employees at Disney spread across 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, tons of restaurants and stores at DTD, all the various hotels, golf courses, etc... The only ones you're thinking to mention are the bad ones? With that number of people, there's bound to be someone who doesn't act as they should. It always happens. I recommend that you sit back and reflect a bit further on your stay and try to remember all the wonderful cast members you've run into this trip.

Sure those three could have been better, but there's always one or two bad cast members, there always have been. You've run into hundreds of other cast members who have held up the standard. Focus on those instead and you'll find your stay a bit more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    There are literally thousands of employees at Disney spread across 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, tons of restaurants and stores at DTD, all the various hotels, golf courses, etc...
    I'm pretty sure that number floats right around the 60,000 mark.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Blue Skies are going to clear up... put on a happy face!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• She was sweet as a peach

Unfortunately it only takes one (or three) bad cast members that seems to just bring down your day.

That happens everywhere. You can have fifty things go right, but then one thing goes wrong and it can through you for a loop.

MickeysGlove, I am sorry you had a couple of not so great experiences.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    Every visit I take down names, work locations and dates/times of the cast members who are doing a really great job. Then I email [email protected] with a "thank you" email describing why these cast members did such a great job. During my last visit of only four days, I had a list of ten cast members that I emailed.

According to guest services at Epcot, these emails are taken very seriously and the cast member will receive recognition and notes in their employment record as such.

Sure, there are always a handful of cast members that are either not the best or just shouldn't be there. But, I don't let them bother me unless they've done something completely rude and obnoxious. Then I comment to guest services in person. Otherwise, it's not worth my effort. They'll eventually go away anyways.

I'd rather spend my time and energy applauding those that do a great job so they get recognized and stick around longer. If the good cast members are happy there, it will rub off on others, especially if they see their coworkers being promoted and congratulated.
    Oh sure, they love the good emails but send them an email with a serious complaint and they will flat out ignore you! We had a horrible experience back in January at the All-Star Music resort with me falling down an unmarked soapy flight of stairs that had just been pressure-washed with my 3 year old. We have sent and emailed letters to guest services and the GM of the resort over the past 3 weeks and have heard absolutly nothing back from them. The sheer lack of concern over mine and my daughter's well being was appalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Minion

ORGOCH: Well, heck!! I'd just end up puttin' a HEX on 'em, if'n I was yerself, yer Majesty. I know ya can do it. I seen what ya did whilst watchin' Snow Ball an' the seven Flakes!!

Blog Entries

Oh sure, they love the good emails but send them an email with a serious complaint and they will flat out ignore you! We had a horrible experience back in January at the All-Star Music resort with me falling down an unmarked soapy flight of stairs that had just been pressure-washed with my 3 year old. We have sent and emailed letters to guest services and the GM of the resort over the past 3 weeks and have heard absolutly nothing back from them. The sheer lack of concern over mine and my daughter's well being was appalling.
    Its probably not that the person receiving it doesn't care, but there could be severe legal liability for responding in anyway to an e-mail like that. I'm sure it has to go through their legal dept before they're even allowed to respond. They may just choose to ignore it however and hope you do, because any response could easily be construed as them admitting guilt which you could use to sue them with.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Its probably not that the person receiving it doesn't care, but there could be severe legal liability for responding in anyway to an e-mail like that. I'm sure it has to go through their legal dept before they're even allowed to respond. They may just choose to ignore it however and hope you do, because any response could easily be construed as them admitting guilt which you could use to sue them with.
    **ding**ding**ding**
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Yes?

Nope, that's not it. We have already dealt with the legal claims dept at WDW. They have agreed to pay my doctor's bill from when we got home just to make sure there was no major injury. They admitted their guilt already that way. We would just like to know why it was handled so badly.

Let me give you the details:

Heading to the parking lot, we chose to take the stairs from our 3rd floor room. I fell an entire flight of stairs,while holding my three year old's hand, due to the fact there was detergent/soap on the stairs from the pressure washing that was occurring. The stairwell was not closed off, nor was there a wet floor sign at the stairwell. My child hit the side of her head on the concrete stair, while I received injuries to my left leg from the knee down to my foot.
    We contacted the front desk, and 45 minutes later a duty manager (Maria) arrived at our room to take down our information. I am disappointed to say that the whole process was not handled very well. Maria, (I believe that is her name, however she never did introduce herself or provide a business card) took down an account of what happened. She then left the room. For the remaining three days of our stay, we did not receive so much as a phone call to ask if everyone was okay.
    Upon checkout, we mentioned to the manager on duty that we had an accident during our stay. We asked about the possibility of receiving a copy of the incident report for our records. We were informed that it was against Disney policy to provide incident reports, and that I should have received a card with the number to Disney Claims. We also mentioned that no one ever checked back with us to see if we were okay. The response we received was that either my information was not entered into the system, or that since all 6,000 rooms were booked during our stay that "taking the time to call us back after working a 13 hour day was just one of those things that did not get done."

Now how's that for customer service. I have pictures of my leg and the stairs with the soap on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

There are literally thousands of employees at Disney spread across 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, tons of restaurants and stores at DTD, all the various hotels, golf courses, etc... The only ones you're thinking to mention are the bad ones? I recommend that you sit back and reflect a bit further on your stay and try to remember all the wonderful cast members you've run into this trip.
    I wasn't complaining about the trip, but you have to realize that this was one of our FIRST encounters with a CM on the trip...and that encounter included a family member getting a bruise. I'm sorry if my being upset wasn't the appropriate response and it definitely wasn't that we didn't enjoy our vacation. But honestly, when you let a door smack someone in the leg, the normal response is "I'm very sorry about that." Not rolling your eyes. That isn't appropriate whether you are a CM or not.

I've been the person who works long hours with $7 pay and no recognition. (First job out of college was exactly like that!) I understand that everyone has their moments. I just think rudeness, on any level, is uncalled for.

We met a number of wonderful CMs today though, and I know that the rudeness of yesterday's CMs are more the exception than the rule. Today I had an absolutely delightful conversation about artwork (I'm a graphic designer) with a PhotoPass cast member!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast