• Too far from Disney World

One Day at EPCOT/Ticket Question

My mom is going to Florida for a convention for work next week. She is meeting my grandma and aunt on Thursday the 28th and they have decided to go to EPCOT for the day. They feel this will be the easiest park for my Grandma, who is in a wheelchair (they have been there before about 10 years ago).

My question is: what is the easiest and cheapest way for them to get tickets? My Grandma lives in Florida part of the year but I don't know if she has a Florida license to get a Florida discount. Would it be better for me to order them online for them and have my mom take the tickets with her or for them to purchase them at the gates? Are there any discounts for a one day/one park pass?
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Blog Entries

Re: One Day at EPCOT/Ticket Question

The Florida residents get a discount but thats about it for discounts. Eric's Orlando Fun Tickets could probably get a small discount on a one day ticket for non-florida residents. But I think its less than a dollar.

• Can't get enough!

Does the convention she is going to offer discounted tickets. Sometimes they do!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    Does the convention she is going to offer discounted tickets. Sometimes they do!
    That was my first thought. And I think one just needs an address and a utility bill to get the Florida discount (at least it used to be that way, I haven't heard it's changed).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Talking Re: One Day at EPCOT/Ticket Question

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    That was my first thought. And I think one just needs an address and a utility bill to get the Florida discount (at least it used to be that way, I haven't heard it's changed).
    When I moved down here last year, I went to get the Florida Resident discount at PI, and was turned away because I didn't have a "Valid Florida ID"

But here is exactly disney policy!
    *Proof of Florida residency is required -- you must provide any one of the following: Florida driver's license, Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address), Florida voter's registration card with corresponding picture ID, a college ID for a Florida college, or a Florida-based military ID.

**1-Day tickets purchased at the gate will not include Pre-arrival savings and will be sold at the gate price
    As far as 1 day tickets goes, Disney does not discount them. We do have them available at Orlando Fun Tickets and we can save you time and a headache from buying them at the gate!

I hope this answered your question!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Nope not anymore. You have to have a FL driver's license, state issued ID or a military ID. We ended up using my FL license to get 1 day hopper tickets for my folks last month. But they just got state issued IDs (you need a certified, county-issued copy of your birth certificate and a FL address to get one) so they can take advantage of the various FL resident discounts throughout the state since they're down here 4 months out of the year.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Nope not anymore. You have to have a FL driver's license, state issued ID or a military ID. We ended up using my FL license to get 1 day hopper tickets for my folks last month. But they just got state issued IDs (you need a certified, county-issued copy of your birth certificate and a FL address to get one) so they can take advantage of the various FL resident discounts throughout the state since they're down here 4 months out of the year.
    Thank you for the correction, everyone! For a very long time, a utility bill was all you needed. (now I have the current info).

There is supposed to be a tiny discount on the 1-day ticket for Florida Residents:

http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/florid1.htm
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^Yep. FL residents get a 10% discount on one day tickets.