Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

MK; Epcot - 2/23/08 - Photos!

Christina and I decided to spend some mother, daughter time away and hit a few parks.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took that day, please visit HERE.

We arrived and were greeted by the YOAMD signage all over the entrance.

Forget WDW Gumball Rally, I say we rent all the ECV's and have a race around WS. Whose with me?!

Last visit I was tragically denied access to my favorite attraction. Luckily they heard I was coming and opened her up. (No, I'm kidding, but if you believe that I have some ocean front property in AZ I'd like to sell you. )

They added a new feature to the beginning of the attraction. What language would you like your attraction to be in? Que?

You want to know where I live? I didn't know there was a test, who ordered a test?

I see dead people!!

Whoops! Wrong attraction, I just couldn't help myself.

Gas prices are topping out at WHAT?!

What do you mean my face was broken? You mean I ACTUALLY broke a camera?

We exited to discover they added a new interactive station. You can email your photo from the end of the attraction now. The only problem I saw was a few hundred people and only 10 (and not all were working) stations available. Add in the fact that a family of 4 has to send 2 emails and that created a lot of back up.

But you can see your photo on the big screen! LOL

Then they take your photo and place it on the map based on where you told the system where you were from. Florida is all lit up!?? Okay you locals, time to come out of the wood work.

No me, no me! I'm next! Where's the line?

Bug Tunnel! Totally random, I know, but that's just the way I am.

We stopped by to check out the new interactive show in West Innoventions called, "What's Your Problem!?" Needless to say I was glad we weren't picked to be in the show.

It was all about the wonderful uses of "Velcro" and how it came about.

No more carry on bags available? That's OK, you can "wear" it on! (Yeah, it was that corny.LOL)

*chants* "They're coming to take me away ha ha, they're coming to take me away!"

Two dads got picked from the audience, they had to diaper, wrap and give a bottle to the baby, then stick it on their Velcro aprons. The person with the most babies at the end is the winner. It was a bad episode of Lucy but it worked.

Stopped by The Garden Grill to eat for the first time. We were a walk up and waited less than 10 minutes to get in right around 1:00pm. I was VERY surprised.

The food is served family style, much like Liberty Tree, although since it was just C and I, they brought me a smaller plate and C her own food. (Yes, they charged the same price.)

They first bring out a combination cornbread and biscuits. They also have sweet tea which is a favorite of mine.

I really enjoyed the catfish, green beans, squash and the potatoes. The turkey was on the dry side though.

Christina's meal.

Dessert was sooooooooooooooooooooo good. I have no idea what was in it, apples, cinnamon and some crunchy things.

RANDOM SHOT!

Did I mention they had characters there?

MICKEY!

I like the fact that our view kept changing.

I really like the fact that they have a "create your own" cupcake for the kids. Christina really loved that part.

On a side note, I want to point out the family behind Christina. I was literally cringing every time I saw the little boy in the high chair trying to pull himself closer to the table. He kept lifting the chair up and I was waiting for him to just have the thing whip out from underneath him. Then the other boy, that's looking over C's shoulder, wouldn't keep still, kept kicking her chair and asking her for her food. The ENTIRE time, the parents were completely oblivious to their children who just going all over the place! Needless to say the mother caught me making a cringing face looking at her son and I said, "I'm so sorry, I'm just REALLY worried he's going to have that seat fall right out from under him and smack his face right on the table." She was really nice, but you know what she said? "What should I do? They are like this ALL the time."
    I smiled and walked over, helping little Matthew (that's how much I got to know this family) get closer to the table. I ended up taking a group family photo for them with their camera, all the while encouraging Matthew and the other boy to smile

For those that aren't aware, as this restaurant rotates it overlooks the Living With the Land attraction. The view is so lovely! I was finally able to get some great shots of three scenes that are impossible to shoot moving.

I love this house, so cozy.

*sings* Listen to the llaaaaand, Listen to the land..
    (I know, I'm a dork, but I'm comfortable with that. )

(sings) There's no earthy way of knowing, what direction we are going...Is it raining, is it pouring...)

Still closed? Well poo.
    No, I will not visit Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, no matter how many times you ask me!

Who knew umbrellas could be innovative?

I think my boyfriend might be upset if I put this up in the dining room. LOL

Minimal waiting? Yes, ma'am may I have another?

RANDOM SHOT! Ok, who can count how many pieces of gum there are in the wood chips? 9 10? I lost count after 5.

On a positive note SSE stopped for about 5 minutes, right under my FAVORITE scene. Well hello Michael, look this way dear.

OK, done with Epcot, time to head over to MK.

Ahhhh....it just won't go away!

Yay! Monorail Blue!
    Only my VMK friends will get that joke.

Crowds are not bad.

To many times you may find yourself barreling through the park and not noticing the wonderful craftsmanship that goes into making Disney come to life. I stopped to check out the railroad station, as I hadn't been there in a VERY long time.

Penny Arcade! I miss you.

Oh look! Someone sent ahead my luggage. How thoughtful!

Christina trying to figure out where to go next.
    (Notice, no map, I taught her well. )

Can I get a YEEEHAW!

I found Uncle Orville! He's playing with the roosters again!

The Wonders of Plastic! A not so new attraction on the railroad trip around the Mk!

I found where they are storing the Electrical Main Street Parade! (No, not really, but I love the tribute.)

We got off in Toontown, Christina had Goofy on the mind and headed over to The Barnstormer.

Next we went on an attraction I haven't been on in years. The Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. It was on that day that Christina got to drive a car by herself for the first time. My baby is growing up.

Sadly I have no photos of this accomplishment, as my 2ND camera battery died shortly after the above photo. I suppose I can't complain as I did get about 215 photos for the day, but it just won't do when I want it to last the WHOLE day. So I apologize, my trip report is yet again cut off and I am off to buy another $50 battery. (Curse you Sony)

Have a Magical Day and thanks for sharing our day with us.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 02-24-2008 at 07:15 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: MK; Epcot - 2/23/08 - Photos!

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

On a positive note SSE stopped for about 5 minutes, right under my FAVORITE scene. Well hello Leo, look this way dear.

Summer, Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel Great pics though!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

Summer, Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel Great pics though!

Well, I feel sheepish!

Changing it now. :P Thanks Yoyo.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

haha. I always LOVE your trip reports!!!!!!! Great pic. My fav is the salt and pepper shaker. haha.

BTW, that Alice painting.....a BIG wish of mine. Maybe me and you could go in halfsies.....you get it Jan thru June, I get it July thru Dec. Deal?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    haha. I always LOVE your trip reports!!!!!!! Great pic. My fav is the salt and pepper shaker. haha.

BTW, that Alice painting.....a BIG wish of mine. Maybe me and you could go in halfsies.....you get it Jan thru June, I get it July thru Dec. Deal?
    I'm all for timesharing some Alice paintings! Maybe we should form a company, it's an untapped industry! MUHAHAHAHA

• Disappearing/Reappearing

oooo, good idea. We will be Tycoons!!!! Besides, my husband and your boyfriend can't complain if it's only there part time...right?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    oooo, good idea. We will be Tycoons!!!! Besides, my husband and your boyfriend can't complain if it's only there part time...right?
    I think my boyfriend would only notice the painting if it were hung in front of the big screen TV while he plays Xbox 360.

Although I think he's more into Disney then he lets on. He eats a lot of cereal and I bought this beautiful blue bowl at WDW. He has officially taken it over as his "cereal" bowl.

• I was deleted.

Well, I feel sheepish!
    - withholds Emperor's New Groove comment -

Although I think he's more into Disney then he lets on.
    You think? Haha, understatement!

I love the ECV photo. Let's race for sure... but where's my stroller?

Yay for Monorail Blue. It was nice to see you tonight. Great TR! I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch. That must've been nice for C's early birthday.

I can't wait to see how your Quest turns out!

• She was sweet as a peach

The house scene in the Land ride is my abosolute most favorite scene in any Disney ride. It looks so peaceful and homey! I love your picture of it!!!

We were at Epcot on Saturday too. Got there at 4:00. The crowds were very small!!

What were the Country Bears (and Brar Bear) out for? Was it a parade? The dancers look like the ones that hang with Woody's Round-up.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    What were the Country Bears (and Brar Bear) out for? Was it a parade? The dancers look like the ones that hang with Woody's Round-up.
    Aww, I'm sorry I missed you guys.

Not sure on the parade people, I snapped the photo as we were going by on the train.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Another great TR! All that gum, so sad. As a father, I was cringing at that boy pushing his highchair. Yikes!

• World Traveler

Summer ... we were at Epcot on Saturday too. Too bad we didn't run into you. We were only there a few hours though. I will be posting some of my own pics very soon.

Thanks for sharing yours.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Summer ... we were at Epcot on Saturday too. Too bad we didn't run into you. We were only there a few hours though. I will be posting some of my own pics very soon.

Thanks for sharing yours.
    Awww, I'm sorry we missed you too!

It was kinda a mother/daughter day for C and I. What makes days like that hard is some people that I never get to see happen to be at the parks and I miss them. Oh well, I'm sure we will see each other sometime Mike. LOL

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm in for the ECV race! Though Piglet & I would cream your tail in a stroller derby.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Summer ... we were at Epcot on Saturday too..
    ..And you didn't call me??? Hmmm..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast