Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: Future WDW Trip (What hotel is best to stay at)

I'm trying it for the 1st time in May
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Sock Puppet

Does the Polynesian Resort or Wilderness Lodge has an option of two bedrooms. If they do, what are the rates. What is available in the two bedrooms suite

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    It's her favorite restaurant on property!
    Yes, it is! TRAILS END IS MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT AT WALT DISNEY WORLD.

I was there with friends last week as well for lunch. Not everyone had tried it before, but it is one restaurant I can get nearly everyone to agree on.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Yes, it is! TRAILS END IS MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT AT WALT DISNEY WORLD.

I was there with friends last week as well for lunch. Not everyone had tried it before, but it is one restaurant I can get nearly everyone to agree on.
    For a novice about to try it, what do you like?

Dave at Mouse Extra is a big fan, he's always hyping it.
    http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/02/04...-end/#comments
    So I'm giving it a go
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    For a novice about to try it, what do you like?

Dave at Mouse Extra is a big fan, he's always hyping it.
    http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/02/04...-end/#comments
    So I'm giving it a go
    It's comfort food. If you go for lunch or dinner, you get the same fried chicken as you will get at the Hoop (same ribs for dinner, if they have them - same cornbread, etc.)

The price is very reasonable - though of course not during the jacked-up buffet price times. If you go for breakfast or lunch, ask for Ken or Donnell. Both EXCELLENT servers, though very different from each other.

Someone posted on your site that the buffet wasn't large. I used to say that, but it also doesn't have two sides. You have one area with salads, one area with soup/chili, an area with cornbread and such, and the veggies/meat, etc. If you double sided it like Chef Mickeys or anywhere else, it would seem like a much larger buffet.

I have introduced many friends/family to Trails End, and everyone has wanted to return. It has been a favorite of mine now for 10 or so years. I love Fort Wilderness, the walking there is wonderful - so it's just a great day when I get to go.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    It's comfort food. If you go for lunch or dinner, you get the same fried chicken as you will get at the Hoop (same ribs for dinner, if they have them - same cornbread, etc.)

The price is very reasonable - though of course not during the jacked-up buffet price times. If you go for breakfast or lunch, ask for Ken or Donnell. Both EXCELLENT servers, though very different from each other.

Someone posted on your site that the buffet wasn't large. I used to say that, but it also doesn't have two sides. You have one area with salads, one area with soup/chili, an area with cornbread and such, and the veggies/meat, etc. If you double sided it like Chef Mickeys or anywhere else, it would seem like a much larger buffet.

I have introduced many friends/family to Trails End, and everyone has wanted to return. It has been a favorite of mine now for 10 or so years. I love Fort Wilderness, the walking there is wonderful - so it's just a great day when I get to go.
    Thanks for low down.
    www.jamboeveryone.com

I still call it the Trail's End Buffeteria. Just because I like saying buffeteria.

There's better quality food elsewhere in the resort for sure (like Jiko and Citricos), but I really enjoy the atmosphere and "comfort food" of the buffeteria. It's also one of the few places that you can get in without reservations on busy days.
    -Tim

i just got back and if you wanted to stay in a moderate hotel the best is coronado

• missing the DisneyGallery

Stay at the Poly. It has the best ambiance. You may not get a view of the MK (unless you stay Concierge), but you will not regret this decision. I still can't see what GF has on the Poly.

When attractions were original

• Vehicle rotating backward

Contemporary, tower room, park view. Love it, love it, love it.

Yeah, it's expensive, but at the GF that same amount of money is like the base rate. And the remodeled Contemporary is, compared to the GF, a better use of the money IMO. GF must be one of the most overpriced hotels for what you get, I think.

• Disneyholic

Ok, if you want to view the MK This would be the ones I would look at in order of preference:

• The Polynesian - lagoon view mention you want a good view of the kingdom when you book and then call the resort itself a day or so before you travel include your estimated arrival time the staff there is absolutely the best and will try to accommodate you. (Say hello to Kat for me!) You have the option of watching the fireworks from the beach, in a hammock, waves gently lapping the shoreline, it's my personal favorite. Even if you don't stay there, make sure you visit it, I would recommend in the early evening when they do the torch lighting ceremony in the front of the resorts lower level... This was one of the original two resorts and as such is one of the favorites for a lot of us here.
    • The Contemporary - request Tower with MK view, will probably cost a little more than the Poly but if you spend the money you can get a great view of the kingdom from the upper floors, at least until the new DVC tower is finished...
    • The Grand Floridan - As mentioned this is the most expensive resort on the property. Its layout doesn't afford too many great views of the MK however, when compared to the Contemporary tower. The MK view rooms are of course more expensive.
    • Now I love the Wilderness Lodge, its quiet, it has jacuzzi hot tubs in the pool areas which after walking 40-50 miles a day or more touring the parks is a godsend. The trees have thinned out in the past few years so you can sort of see the MK but not really unless you pay for the concierges level. The best view by far is from the roof, but in order to get there you need to ask to be a flag family at check in and you get to raise the flags on the room of the lodge and can take some great pictures from there. Its limited to one to two families per day so no guarantee. If anyone's really interested I can post a few from a bout 5-6 years ago. The WL is also the cheapest of the MK deluxe resorts, has smaller rooms than the others but still is very nice and the new makeover makes the rooms seem much larger than they did.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123