Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Future WDW Trip (What hotel is best to stay at)

I have always be wanting to go to WDW. I don't have a plan yet on when to go but i was wondering what are some good hotels to stay at. I would like at hotel that has a view of the Magic Kingdom. What is WDW disneyland hotel? Out of 5 stars what you rank the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, and the Wilderness Lodge because that is how far i have limited the hotels that i want to stay at. Any additional information will help or any websites that may help me find the perfect hotel. thanks

• Banned User

Re: Future WDW Trip (What hotel is best to stay at)

There is no Disneyland Hotel at WDW. However, if you meant.. what would be the flagship hotel on property... that would be of course the Grand Floridian Resort/Spa. If you want a view of the MK, you will have to stay at either the Grand FL, Poly or Contemporary, and you must request park view rooms. These park view rooms come at a premium price and are fewer to choose from.
    If you can affors the GFL.. go for it. I would recommend the Contemporary Tower, which affords the best possible view of the MK, but that hotel is just a mess right now, and I never cared for the vibration you feel every time the monorail goes thru the hotel's concourse. The 2nd choice would be the Poly.. as you would be close to the water, but the view of the MK may be partially blocked due to some islands in the middle of the lagoon. Still, theming along elevates the Poly over the Contemporary.

Now, my favorite choices would be the Wilderness Lodge. Very lush, and gives the impression of seclusion. I just think this hotel is the best WDW has to offer. Animal Kingdom Lodge is nice but is a mess due to construction. I would wait to stay there until the DVC addition is done. Also, DAKL is the farthest hotel from anywhere in the property and way too close to US 192 and the looming signs of cheaper hotels and eateries in that area. Not exactly a Disney experience there. But if you get a view of the savannah... then it's great!
    I would also recommend the Coronado Springs. A sprawling complex, and nicely themed. for what it is: a moderate luxury hotel. Finally, I have to recommend the Port Orleans complex for being centrically located to most areas of the resort, and the boat service to DTD is an added plus here. But again, this is a moderately priced hotel... so like the Coronado, expect lesser safe outdoor entry/access to your room (meaning NO indoor hallways to get to your room), but a secluded feel of being deep in the south as well.
    As for the cheaper options.. NO I don't recommend them. Not unless you need a hotel to just go sleep for a few hours a day.

• Golden State of Mind

I think the OP meant whats WDW verison of ..... oh never mind......

The Poly is a personal favorite of mine, you can't beat it!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It all depends on your budget. Keep in mind rooms at the resorts already mentioned are NOT cheap. They start at around $200+ a night... if not more.

I personally prefer a moderate resort like Port Orleans (I've stayed at Riverside 7 French Quarter and liked them both) or Pop Century, which is one of the value resorts.

• Sock Puppet

Of course, it all depends on your budget, and with WDW being so vast and having many resorts to choose from..they split it up into three categories- deluxe, moderate, and value. My personal favorite...

Value Resort... All-Star Movies
    Moderate Resort... Port Orleans
    Deluxe Resort... Polynesian, Y&B Club, and Boardwalk

• We'll hold them at bay

My choice for a Deluxe would be the Boardwalk, Poly, or Animal Kingdom Lodge, although they are all pretty, well, deluxe.

I personally like the Caribbean Beach for the mods. I also enjoyed staying at the Old Key West DVC, even though I wasn't a dvc-er
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

^ None of those have a view of the MK.

I'd stay at the Grand Floridian if your budget allows. Like TDL though, I'm a huge fan of the Wilderness Lodge. I've never stayed in the North wing, so I'm not sure if you can see the MK or not, but it's definitely a fabulous resort.
    -Tim

• Golden State of Mind

i was just about to say, isnt the criteria here one of the big three with a view of the MK?
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    ^ None of those have a view of the MK.
    Thats true. But I like the convience of the Boardwalk. The view at AKL is tremendous.
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Wilderness Lodge. It is secluded, and makes you feel like a million miles away, even with it's proximity to the parks.

If the monorail is something you would be interested in, then the Polynesian would be my choice. A really tropical feel, and all the rooms were recently renovated. But, between the 2, Wilderness Lodge is the atmosphere I like better.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

My first choice would be the Contemporary with a Tower View Room, the fireworks at night are just stunning.

However, since you have narrowed it down to your three, I would recommend the Polynesian, for the atmosphere, the view and it also fits the criteria your looking for. (You also MUST eat at Ohana at least once.)

The Grand Floridian has always been a little to stuffy for me, but I like my hotel to be comfortable and seclusive.

Also, the Wilderness Lodge doesn't have a direct view of the MK, so I don't believe that's what your looking for.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    The Grand Floridian has always been a little to stuffy for me, but I like my hotel to be comfortable and seclusive.
    you must like the AKL
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Little Miss Sunshine

It depends on a lot of things - price, how many in your family, etc. But hands-down, if I had a lot of money burning a hole in my pocket, the Polynesian would be my #1 choice. I may be biased because I've stayed there more than I've stayed at any other resort. But it's beautiful, romantic, and has a very casual feel to it. I've never had a bad view from any room at the Polynesian yet either. Some of the garden views also have views of the parking area.

Next choice of the 3 would be the Wilderness Lodge. The rooms are significantly smaller, and no daybed. But it is a beautiful resort as well. I wouldn't take a standard room, because I've had the smokehouse/dumpster view in the past - sort of takes away from the ambience and enjoyment of sitting out on the balcony. When Samantha Brown declared that there were no bad views from any room, she obviously hadn't been shown mine!

I wouldn't overlook the Contemporary. That would be in my top 3, not the GF. (not that the GF is bad at all, though!)
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

I have learned a new word today - seclusive!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    you must like the AKL
    I do! Although I have to say I'm more of a twisted vines, engulfed by gardens kind of person. It's why I enjoy the New Orleans theme so much. I've never seen any city where you can be 2 feet from a busy street and feel like your miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Samantha Brown declared that there were no bad views from any room, she obviously hadn't been shown mine!
    LOVE Samantha Brown, Great Hotels is always on my DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I have learned a new word today - seclusive!
    Glad to accomodate. :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast