Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

very very important question BIRTHDAY

OK we are leaving in 8 days for our first trip to WDW. Being typical me I have been planning everything and getting ready but I have just discovered one thing. It is my wifes Birthday while we are at WDW.

I have no idea what I should do. I don't know the area and I don't know what is available at WDW. Im in a panic

HELP! CAn you guys give me any ideas?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: very very important question BIRTHDAY

sure. First, while you're at the park, go to City Hall (if you're in the Magic Kingdom)....and ask for a birthday button. They will give you (free of charge) a button to wear on your shirt that says it's your bday. That way, random people and the Cm's can wish her a great birthday.

For me and hubby's anniversary two years ago, we had breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary Resort. I told them it was our anniversary, and they had special placemats (that said Congrats! with all the characters autographs) and two cupcakes with Mickey sprinkles! VERY special!!! Just let the person know when making a reservation. You can call WDW-DINE

if eating at another restaurant, I know that you can order a little bday cake...only costs around $8.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    sure. First, while you're at the park, go to City Hall (if you're in the Magic Kingdom)....and ask for a birthday button. They will give you (free of charge) a button to wear on your shirt that says it's your bday. That way, random people and the Cm's can wish her a great birthday.
    Best advise ever!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Banned User

One caution: if your wife is one not to call attention, getting a birthday button is not advised. Most every CM and character will approach you with one of those fake "oh! Happy Birthday to you ___!!" greetings, and fuzz all over you. If your wifey enjoys the attention, then go ahead, but my G-Fan didn't care for that and took me 4 weeks before I was able to get some again...

However, if you are staying on property, you can re-arrange through Disney reservations to get party favors, cake, flowers.. etc etc, whatever you need to have a special birthday celebration in the privacy of your room. If you are willing to spend $$ on the wife that is..

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    then go ahead, but my G-Fan didn't care for that and took me 4 weeks before I was able to get some again...
    LOL. Maybe it had something to do with the outfit you wore for her Birthday celebration.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Definitely get the birthday button. You'll never know what could happen when you wear it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aashee
    LOL. Maybe it had something to do with the outfit you wore for her Birthday celebration.
    HIS celebration...
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 02-28-2008 at 03:07 PM.

oh!!!! If your wife is up for silly, birthday fun....

there are some VERY silly birthday hats availiable at the parks....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-MICKEY-MO...QQcmdZViewItem

that's the only picture of one I could find. I don't think they are that expensive at the parks though. I know I've seen them in the hat shop on Main Street.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Also, if you book a reservation at a restaurant, tell them it's her birthday. They also offer a cake (for a fee) that you can add in and they will sing Happy Birthday to her.

TDL, what's a G-Fan? I assumed it was girlfriend, but I was like, wait, not possible. But, I still don't get it. LOL!!

Also, am I the only one that thinks the buttons are superfluous? I mean, anymore, every person at the parks has a button on that says something. First visit, anniversary, just married, birthday, grand gathering, I'm breathing oxygen today....

Isn't there a quote from a popular Disney movie that goes something like, "and when everyone is super, no one is."

Personally I'd rather "special" things happen to me at the parks at random, not because I wore a billboard that said, "please say happy birthday to me 80 times today."

I'd go with TDL's suggestion and do something special on your own. It will be more meaningful in the end. When my mom went with a friend for her birthday, I set up with the Wilderness Lodge to have them put the flag up in the morning. I didn't tell her, but when she checked in, they set her up with it and she was so freakin' excited because she thought it was such a huge coincidence. I never have told her it was me that set it up. But, she talks about it all the time.
    -Tim

I don't know. I was sad on our anniversary. I asked if they had such a thing as Anniversary buttons and someone told me no. So, I didn't even ask at City Hall. Last trip, I saw people with them and was sad. I wanted one!!! I think it's cute.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    TDL, what's a G-Fan? I assumed it was girlfriend, but I was like, wait, not possible. But, I still don't get it. LOL!!
    G-Fan is my husband of 10 yrs now. Yes, our 10th comes up on April 1st (we accept flowers, money orders, and candy). The "G" comes from "Godzilla" as the hubby is a huge fan of japanese kaijo movies. Therefore the G-Fan name. And yes, he's meaner and more violent that I could ever be, so don't tick him off. I think it's got something to do with that red hair of his...

(Just kidding sweetie...kissy kissy!)

• Little Miss Sunshine

G-Fan is my husband of 10 yrs now. Yes, our 10th comes up on April 1st (we accept flowers, money orders, and candy). The "G" comes from "Godzilla" as the hubby is a huge fan of japanese kaijo movies. Therefore the G-Fan name. And yes, he's meaner and more violent that I could ever be, so don't tick him off. I think it's got something to do with that red hair of his...

(Just kidding sweetie...kissy kissy!)
    Good thing you added the last part - or you might have been going another month without!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Another trip down I-4

Awww...congratulations on 10 years!

yes congrats!!!!