Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Little Miss Sunshine

Have you ever fallen asleep in the parks?

A friend and I were talking today, and this was a question that came up. He has fallen asleep in a couple of places over the years, as have I. Inside the parks, I once slept on an MGM bench for a couple of hours. I was really tired! Outside the parks, I visited WDW with my class trip in 1984, and ended up falling asleep on a hammock at the Polynesian - also for a couple of hours. Not a big deal normally, except that I ended up with a massive sunburn that sent me into shock at the airport that evening. I have very fair skin, and used baby oil - not realizing I'd end up cooking myself.

That is actually all I can recall for myself right now.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• no flash photography...

Re: Have you ever fallen asleep in the parks?

in Disneyland....I have fallen asleep on POTC more than once and I almost fell asleep on the mark twian, but I was very sick that time.....then one time I was really tired and fell asleep in the hyperian theater during a show that included drums trumpets and symbols....yeah I was tired.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I hate to admit it, but yeah, I have.

I love me some Epcot. Part of the reason I love it is that it really relaxes me and when I go on vacation to WDW I don't rush around and take the time to smell the roses and notice the details.

Naps have inadvertently happened at the Universe of Energy and Impressions de France. At Energy I woke up before the ride ended and laughed at myself. Was a bit mad because I really enjoy the attraction.

It was different at Impressions de France. The music lulled me to sleep and when the screening was over the theater was empty and a very sweet CM poked me awake. I was completely embarrassed.

Rested, but embarrassed!

• We'll hold them at bay

No but a friend of mine fell asleep on the D-train. Not a good idea.

There are a couple of nice cold theaters I would like to fall asleeep in
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by RonNYC View Post
    It was different at Impressions de France. The music lulled me to sleep and when the screening was over the theater was empty and a very sweet CM poked me awake. I was completely embarrassed.

Rested, but embarrassed!
    That is funny! I don't usually fall asleep in theaters and such, I'm not really much into naps/catnaps, etc. I do love Epcot and I wouldn't mind a nap there if I was so inclined.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    That is funny! I don't usually fall asleep in theaters and such, I'm not really much into naps/catnaps, etc. I do love Epcot and I wouldn't mind a nap there if I was so inclined.
    The American Adventure is a real good spot for a nap. Its nice and cool
    www.jamboeveryone.com

This is embarrassing. But yes - when I was 18, I feel asleep on Universe of Energy...and drooled all over my sleeve. My family still teases me about it.

Last week we saw an older couple who had both fallen asleep on a bench at Norway. It was cute!

• I'm not really here

I feel asleep on the benches out front of the Wine Country Trattoria while we waited for the first lunch seating. Sun was shining, the air was nice and cool. Birds, smell of flowers. It was just to pleasant not to take a little nap.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    The American Adventure is a real good spot for a nap. Its nice and cool
    Blasphemy!! You can't fall asleep during the best epic stage spectacular Epcot has to offer!!

I've fallen asleep all over WDW - mainly as a kid, but most recently on It's a Small World on New Year's Eve this year. LOL!

As a kid, I've fallen asleep on tons of buses, the boat to the campground, Universe of Energy (even though I LOVE it), Living with the Land, and probably countless other rides/shows that take place in limited light levels and slow moving vehicles/boring tourism movies.

I've never fallen asleep in the Haunted Mansion or PotC though. I'd never even consider falling asleep during MY American Adventure either.
    -Tim

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Let see... rides I have gotten 40winks on:

SSE
    PotC
    Haunted Mansion
    Universe of Energy (I actually could have slept for 10yrs in that ride it was soooo boring)
    great Movie ride

Hmmm I cant think of anything else at the moment, but anything that is dark and slow will give me ample time to shut my eyes for a few minutes....

Now the real question is, has anyone fallen asleep and had to be woken up by a cast member at the end of the ride????

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    Blasphemy!! You can't fall asleep during the best epic stage spectacular Epcot has to offer!!

I've fallen asleep all over WDW - mainly as a kid, but most recently on It's a Small World on New Year's Eve this year. LOL!

As a kid, I've fallen asleep on tons of buses, the boat to the campground, Universe of Energy (even though I LOVE it), Living with the Land, and probably countless other rides/shows that take place in limited light levels and slow moving vehicles/boring tourism movies.

I've never fallen asleep in the Haunted Mansion or PotC though. I'd never even consider falling asleep during MY American Adventure either.

Don't get me wrong. I like the American Adventure just as much as the next guy. Its just so damn comfy.
    www.jamboeveryone.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I nodded off once on Spaceship Earth, but it was very brief and my daughter woke me as we got to the exit. LOL

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    Let see... rides I have gotten 40winks on:

PotC
    Haunted Mansion
    This must be against Disney rules somewhere right?
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm known to visit Hall of Presidents or American Adventure solely for napping purposes.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

My husband has fallen asleep in IASW...

My daughter took a nap in Paco's Bill's. Thank GOD!!! She was in such a bad mood and we were grabbing something to eat before heading back to the hotel to sleep, and when we got to Paco's Bill's..she was OUT! Sooooo, I found a dark corner and propped the stroller handles on some chairs and she napped for an hour!

She fell sound asleep during American Adventure in Epcot......poor thing, she was zonked out. Hubby laughed and called her unAmerican. haha

And then, there's a couple times where she fell alseep in her stroller, but, that's normal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast