Thread: Fireworks!

• Mountain 3 to Space 1...

Fireworks!

So i just watched it on youtube.. holy crap.. I was there for the Christmas edition.. both are amazing..

So i had a question.. Was it a one night only showing of the special fireworks or does it happen every night now??
    Space What?!

• May the F=ma be with you

Re: Fireworks!

EPCOT's 25th Anniversary IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth tag was shown only once. Using 800 hundred shells in a little more than 3 minutes was spectacular.

The Peace on Earth Christmas tag uses about 400 shells in 4 minutes. It is a very moving show with a spectacular narration by Mr. Cronkite. This tag is shown every night from the day after Thanksgiving till December 31st.

Other parks, Disney or not, just cannot compete with WDW's displays even though the parks share show designers.

I'd also like to mention that RoE ran a test show last night without the earth barge. Video is available on YouTube. The show was cut short by about 3 minutes completely eliminating the 'Space' sequence. Many effects were added in place of the barge as well.
    The barge should be back in the show until sometime in the summer when it will go down for refurb.

A reminder that this was the second test show using the same scenario in about a year and a half. The refurb has been in planned for almost 2 years and has been delayed many times. Hopefully, there will be no more delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Do you know the videos name? and does this mean theyre going to change the firework show with new fireworks and a new show?
    Space What?!

We watched RoE after Christmas and before New Years this year and there was nothing special about it. It was the same as I've seen hundreds of times before (it is memorized in my head).
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    We watched RoE after Christmas and before New Years this year and there was nothing special about it. It was the same as I've seen hundreds of times before (it is memorized in my head).
    You must not have stayed for the extra bit after the normal operation of illuminations
    Space What?!

My brother just corrected me. We were at Epcot before the 1st, but had dinner at Chefs de France during Illuminations, so we wouldn't have caught the special ending. When we did watch the full show, it was on Jan 1st. So, it wasn't there. Booooo.
    -Tim

haha no worries, i was like.. well if you were there around that time you MUST have seen it, if not you left early haha.. you should go watch it on youtube. its a pretty good show. i saw it in person, and was really moving..

i worked there as a CP at MK Space Mountain.. and since we were there for 5 months away from friends and family working all the holidays.. its was moving..
    Space What?!