Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Disneyholic

Re: DAK v DHS:Who needs a New Land?

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    OK. I'm definately with you on that. I would love to see an expanded Lucas Area. Maybe including a redone Sounds Dangerous themed for THX

Hmm THX exhibit.. So what they turn off the lights shave your head give you drugs and then pierce your ear with a tag then herd you with lucite stun sticks into an all white room while your dazed and confused? Not sure if that's an all ages attraction...

Seriously though, I'd vote for beastly Kingdom at AK, there's just something about a map where the text "here there be dragons" that appeals to me...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Re: Post #5 and Bugs Land. I always thought it should have been built UNDER the Tree of Life- kind of like Mermaid Lagoon at TDS. Would have been very very cool.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Hmm THX exhibit.. So what they turn off the lights shave your head give you drugs and then pierce your ear with a tag then herd you with lucite stun sticks into an all white room while your dazed and confused? Not sure if that's an all ages attraction...

Seriously though, I'd vote for beastly Kingdom at AK, there's just something about a map where the text "here there be dragons" that appeals to me...
    I was thinking more of THX the sound company than the THX the movie
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Sock Puppet

I'd fix Animal kingdom's weakest areas: Dinoland U.S.A., Camp Minnie-Mickey, and Rafiki's Planet Watch, before making any additional lands. I hate the theme of Dinoland USA because every time I'm there it simply reminds me how much better Jurassic Park at IOA is, and how much better it could be if they get rid of the cartoon tacky roadside dinosaur theme. Just compare AK's "The Boneyard" playground to IOA's "Camp Jurassic"...IOA clearly wins, and adding a Finding Nemo show to a Dinosaur-themed land makes things even worse (although its a good show).

Camp Minnie-Mickey and Rafiki's Planet Watch are also lands that I could see make major changes or go completely. Disney has so many Animal-based movies (Tarzan, The Jungle Book, The Lion King come to mind), you would think that they would use this potential. Once those weak spots are improved, lands based on South American, Australian, and North American wildlife and culture would be nice, as well as the addition of more animal exhibits around the park to add to the atmosphere.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    I'd fix Animal kingdom's weakest areas: Dinoland U.S.A., Camp Minnie-Mickey, and Rafiki's Planet Watch, before making any additional lands. I hate the theme of Dinoland USA because every time I'm there it simply reminds me how much better Jurassic Park at IOA is, and how much better it could be if they get rid of the cartoon tacky roadside dinosaur theme. Just compare AK's "The Boneyard" playground to IOA's "Camp Jurassic"...IOA clearly wins, and adding a Finding Nemo show to a Dinosaur-themed land makes things even worse (although its a good show).

Camp Minnie-Mickey and Rafiki's Planet Watch are also lands that I could see make major changes or go completely. Disney has so many Animal-based movies (Tarzan, The Jungle Book, The Lion King come to mind), you would think that they would use this potential. Once those weak spots are improved, lands based on South American, Australian, and North American wildlife and culture would be nice, as well as the addition of more animal exhibits around the park to add to the atmosphere.

I agree with most everything you said. Except Finding Nemo Musical. I hated it. (though I loved the production value of it).

The Jungle Book river adventure can be in Asia. Lion King in Africa.

Dinoland definitely needs to be a better tribute to the majestic animals. Someone earlier said that there should be more trails? How about make a trail filled iwth animatronic dino's? I would suggest making it a ride but that be too similar to the Jurassic Park movie. Even IoA has a pteradactyl ride already. Primeval Whirl is kinda sad.. it's about the extinction of dinosaurs! And it's done in a joking matter! Animal Kingdom? Really? It sounds like something that the Simpsons would do.

Camp Mickey Minnie is where I would suggest a new Bug's Land go. It woulda been great to have it closer to the 3D film but it's too late for that now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Dang, you took what I wanted to say.

What I wanted to say was that Disney Hollywood Studios needs to compete with Universal. Right now, they have "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" right now, and Disney needs something of that nature. A while back, I thought that a way to compete with this would be a 20-acre themed area based on Indiana Jones. It could have two areas:

1.) The Kingdom
    2.) The Village (with shops and restaraunts)

Just my 2 cents...
    I think that's where Beastly Kingdom/mythical creatures would be a nice addition to DAK.

Rumor has it, however, you can hear the Harry Potter score in TGMR queue.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I agree with most everything you said. Except Finding Nemo Musical. I hated it. (though I loved the production value of it).

The Jungle Book river adventure can be in Asia. Lion King in Africa.
    I'm with you on Nemo

I do like the idea of dark rides/movie attractions at DAK. I might add the Little Mermaid ride to the Nemo area
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• MiceChat Moderator

I'm with you on Nemo

I do like the idea of dark rides/movie attractions at DAK. I might add the Little Mermaid ride to the Nemo area

Ah, but you see.. there is no Nemo area. Nemo belongs to The Seas at Epcot!

Hmmmm... if the seas wasn't at Epcot it would be a really nice environment for Animal Kingdom for sure.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

It will be exciting watching these park over the next few years.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

DHS could add Angel Groove in the "Streets of America" and use some of the backstage land. Add Ernie's Juice Bar and the Command Center with the main attraction of a 3-D ommimover zord battle dark ride.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• We'll hold them at bay

Ah, but you see.. there is no Nemo area. Nemo belongs to The Seas at Epcot!

Hmmmm... if the seas wasn't at Epcot it would be a really nice environment for Animal Kingdom for sure.
    I don't see why they can't have an Atlantis/Aquatics section to DAK. Add a Mermaid ride and some animal stuff.
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• MiceChat Moderator

I don't see why they can't have an Atlantis/Aquatics section to DAK. Add a Mermaid ride and some animal stuff.
    I think the main problem would be redundancy. The Seas with Nemo and Friends at Epcot doesn't just serve as a Finding Nemo ride, it has massive aquariums with manatees, fish, etc.

Adding it into Animal Kingdom would be a bold move. I'm not opposed to it but it would be a major blow to EPCOT until they find something else to put in its place.

Perhaps Animal Kingdom would benefit better by satisfying the kingdom on land and not to directly compete with The Seas and Sea World.

Little Mermaid could find a better home at the Magic Kingdom if they allow it.

• We'll hold them at bay

I think the main problem would be redundancy. The Seas with Nemo and Friends at Epcot doesn't just serve as a Finding Nemo ride, it has massive aquariums with manatees, fish, etc.

Adding it into Animal Kingdom would be a bold move. I'm not opposed to it but it would be a major blow to EPCOT until they find something else to put in its place.

Perhaps Animal Kingdom would benefit better by satisfying the kingdom on land and not to directly compete with The Seas and Sea World.

Little Mermaid could find a better home at the Magic Kingdom if they allow it.

Well, I don't see them removing the Living Seas. There is already Nemo in 2 parks. Adding the Little Mermaid and, say, an Alligator River Trail or a Pacific Shores Trail wouldn't be redundant at all.
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Minion

Well, I don't see them removing the Living Seas. There is already Nemo in 2 parks. Adding the Little Mermaid and, say, an Alligator River Trail or a Pacific Shores Trail wouldn't be redundant at all.
    LM needs to be at MK...to help fill up the Subs area and breathe new life into Fantasyland.

Add me to the list of those who think an "ocean" section would have been a good idea for AK...if Living Seas wasn't there. As things stand I don't want to see anything in AK that would render LS redundant...Future World has suffered enough over the last 15 years or so.

This is yet another instance of how Disney's initial miserliness leads to decades of expansion debates. If they had built AK as originally envisioned with four full lands then we wouldn't be having this discussion today.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    LM needs to be at MK...to help fill up the Subs area and breathe new life into Fantasyland.

Add me to the list of those who think an "ocean" section would have been a good idea for AK...if Living Seas wasn't there. As things stand I don't want to see anything in AK that would render LS redundant...Future World has suffered enough over the last 15 years or so.

This is yet another instance of how Disney's initial miserliness leads to decades of expansion debates. If they had built AK as originally envisioned with four full lands then we wouldn't be having this discussion today.
    I don't see the idea of an "Atlantis" land in DAK to necessarily make the LS redundant. You could add the Little Mermaid dark ride. You can have a Rocky Coast trail with exhibits for sea lions, dolphins, octopi, belugas, puffins, and/or penguins without treading on the Living Seas' reef theme. Or you could have an alligator swamp with gators, manatees, raccoon, bobcats, beavers, etc. You could throw in a ray petting tank. Plus, a Loch Ness attraction and/or eatery.

I just don't see a conflict
    www.jamboeveryone.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast