Thread: WDW Honeymoon

WDW Honeymoon

So my fiancee and I were debating about whether to do DL or WDW for our honeymoon in September and we decided on DisneyWorld. Now the question is where to stay. My dad has several hundred thousand points with both Hilton and Hyatt so I was hoping that some people more knowledgeable than I could chime in on what Hyatt or Hilton properties are the nicest in the area. Price really doesn't matter, we've got enough points available to stay in either for almost 2 weeks.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: WDW Honeymoon

First, congratulations.

Second, Welcome to Mice Chat!

There is a great Hilton in the Downtown Disney area that might interest you. It's within walking distance of DTD and they offer free shuttle service to the parks.

It is also the only non Disney hotel that I believe offers the Extra Magic Hour privileges.

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/Hilton.html

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    First, congratulations.

Second, Welcome to Mice Chat!

There is a great Hilton in the Downtown Disney area that might interest you. It's within walking distance of DTD and they offer free shuttle service to the parks.

It is also the only non Disney hotel that I believe offers the Extra Magic Hour privileges.

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/Hilton.html
    The Hilton at Downtown Disney does offer the Extra Magic Hour privileges which makes it one of the best choices if you have to stay at a non-Disney hotel. Make sure you purchase hopper tickets so you can also use the Disney transportation system. Book your dining reservations early so as not to be locked out of something you may really want to do. You can book your dining 180 days prior to arrival, so start early.

The Hilton at DTD is the main property I've been looking at, I just want to be sure that it's a nice place to stay.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I have worked with the Hilton chain, and most Hilton are very nice properties. They REALLY take care of their property and care about making the guests comfortable and happy. I would say, if you aren't looking to stay at an actual Disney hotel...this is your VERY best bet!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    Make sure you purchase hopper tickets so you can also use the Disney transportation system.
    What does this have to do with anything? You can use the transporation system regardless of what type of tickets you purchase, can't you?