• A Suitcase & A Dream

Block Party News?

Since there is only about two weeks before BPB makes its debut at DHS has any news leaked about any changes to the show/parade at its new venue?

• Minion

Re: Block Party News?

Some people mentioned before that any changes being made to the show were implemented at DCA before the show closed there. I think there may be one less show stop too but that's not definitie.

• Theme Park Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    Some people mentioned before that any changes being made to the show were implemented at DCA before the show closed there. I think there may be one less show stop too but that's not definitie.
    kirbilicious, that's what I have heard too. Remember, DCA had already implemented a two show stops version. WDW Cast previews tonight & tomorrow (March 5 & 6), Look for a soft open as early as March 9. I can't wait!

• Shubisha

DCA made cuts to floats, trampolines, cones when it was first thought to be going to WDW and then that got delayed so it played out in DCA that way for half a year.

No one knows what if any changes to the show beyond that will be and if you ask someone from WDW they say that there are no changes and they'll be doing full choreography so who knows we'll find out very soon.

• I was deleted.

Stars and Motor Cars started from Hollywood today instead of at the Star Tours gate... and apparently it excited through Muppets Gate instead. So whatever that means.

• Practically Perfect

the parade direction changed a while ago, to start at Sid's and finish at muppets. BPB has 2 stops and is amazing! I never saw the DCA show, so I'm not sure about any changes. All I know is you'd better stay out of the streets (unless you're dancing!) 'cause the floats are a tight squeeze! But oddly that makes the parade look really cool!

It looks amazing and everyone is working REALLY hard on it! I think you're all going to like it

I saw the Studios cast preview for Block Party Bash last nght and all I have to say is that it is amazing when compared to Stars and Motorcars. However, the test will really come this summer in the Florida Heat. I never saw Sulley move so much and knowing how heavy some of those costumes are, I'm wondering how many ambulances will be staged backstage when the temps reach the mid to upper 90's and the humidity rised to the upper 90's as well. After the first show stop people were already soaking wet and it was only in the low 70's and it was almost midnight. Add in the higher temps and sun, and I'm sure passouts will occur.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    I'm sure passouts will occur.
    This is why I've always been weary of this parade hitting the Studios and Florida all together. (Not to mention crowd control issues. SAMC was difficult enough on busy days.)

I do look forward to seeing this next month. I'm sure many pictures will surface of the parade floats fitting oh, so, snuggly.

At least they put the Pixar in the right park!