Thread: Pal Mickey

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Pal Mickey

Pal Mickey, I have read who it is , what he does. My daughter is planning a trip to wdw is it worth it? Is it accurate with line waits? parade times? Or is it worth it for soviener value only? Is is Pal Mickey reusable for future trips , that is if the mice powers to be keep the product? As in is it rechargable ?It sounds like fun but is it?

I've never gotten a Pal Mickey for the mere fact that I try to save as much money as possible and a Pal Mickey isn't a feasible expenditure at this point in time. However, I would love to have one. I'm sure it would be a great thing to have while waiting in lines... something that helps the time past faster! Also, I believe soon they are coming out with a newer updated version of Pal Mickey that will have a bigger vocabulary than the original and more trivia.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I believe it depends on your daughters age. If she is young then go for? If she is a teenager then back off on her getting one cause they can just be outright annoying sometimes. You also have to update them everytime you go to WDW because of Disney constantly changing everything. You don't have to pay for the update, but it gets pretty annoying having to go and get it fixed every trip.

In conclusion, If she is young, get! She will love hearing Mickey talk to her while you are walking around the parks. If she is a teenager or older I would stay away. It gets really annoying carrying it around and having to stow it away when you ride something. It also talks way, way to much for an older person to handle!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Pal Mickey gets updated everytime you pass through the turnstyles provided he is facing forward and not stuffed in a backpack. If he eneters the park correctly as indicated in the directions, you should not have to take him to be updated. Also be sure he has fresh batteries.

I found a review of Pal Mickey for you if you'd like a second opinion!

http://www.adultsatwdw.com/article1037.html

• Party Planning King

I love my Pal Mickey. I find him to be most enjoyable at Animal Kingdom. When you tour the park he is full of interesting information about the animals in exhibit. It's like having your own personal animal educator.

I've yet to have Pal Mickey tell me how long a line is anywhere, but have had good advice on parades and showtimes. I'll agree with what BigDaddyKyle says about him having too much to say sometimes. Mickey is always rattling of a cheesy joke or pun. And that is fine if you're a child, but it would be nice to disable the jokes. You can always turn him off if you feel the need for some peace and quiet.

Also, I've used him for many trips back to WDW. Only once have I had to stop and have him updated. That was my fault for having low batteries. My poor Mickey had hiccups and was vibrating violently. It was actually pretty funny.
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Thanks for the article actually very cool website too. My daughter is 19, but a mom and going with the s/o and their 8 month old son then. Since they will be going other times as my grandson gets older, Pal Mickey may be a good deal for them.

Quote Originally Posted by rihard2000
    I'll agree with what BigDaddyKyle says about him having too much to say sometimes. Mickey is always rattling of a cheesy joke or pun. And that is fine if you're a child, but it would be nice to disable the jokes. You can always turn him off if you feel the need for some peace and quiet.
    I think I also heard that the new Pal Mickey will have less jokes and more trivia and games. And also feature information about the 50th Celebration.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

You DO have to have a new chip put into him when they update the version which is about every year and a half. (This is what I heard from a friend.)
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE