Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

How does this look

We are going to be at WDW from September 13th, until the 20th. We will be spending 5 days at the parks. I plan to spend 2 at the MK, 1 at AK and I'm not sure about the other 2. Any ideas? It will be myself, my wife and my 2 kids, ages 8 and 7.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: How does this look

spend one at Epcot, and one at MGM.

You mentioned before that you have a daughter, at MGM, there is a wonderful stage show with Beauty and the Beast. It takes my breath away every time I see it. And Fantasmic is not to be missed. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. If your kiddos are daredevils...there's always Rockin Roller Coaster (a personal fave) and Tower of Terror. Then, there's fun things...since you are into cars (I'm guessing, reading some of your posts)..yo'll want to check out-Lights Motors Action. A show revealing what really happens during motor stunts in movies. And there's the Backlot Tour, a cute little ride where you can see some cool Hollywood Props. There's also Indiana Jones and the Muppets shows.

Epcot is lots of fun. I actually look forward to this park, because, there's no parade, and no little shows I HAVE to see. I can casually walk around and take my time. I can enjoy being without a time schedule. The only thing I HAVE to see...Illuminations. Their firework show is amazing, and the best part? You can see it from anywhere in the World showcase. It's a great break..cause, you'll see that going with two kids...there are things you must make time for...and it gets stressful. You have to see this at 10:00, and this at 2:00 and don't forget this at 4:00 and still get rides in between there. Epcot, is like a breath of fresh air. I actually didn't see the point of this park till our last trip in Oct. And suddenly it hit me....relaxation. ahhhhhh. The World Showcase is amazing...and the rides, wow!! Soarin is fantastic, Test Track is a blast, Mission Space will blow you away....and a ton more.

In fact, that layout is exactly what we have planned for our next trip...

I second Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios. I prefer Epcot above all the others.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    spend one at Epcot, and one at MGM.

You mentioned before that you have a daughter, at MGM, there is a wonderful stage show with Beauty and the Beast. It takes my breath away every time I see it. And Fantasmic is not to be missed. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. If your kiddos are daredevils...there's always Rockin Roller Coaster (a personal fave) and Tower of Terror. Then, there's fun things...since you are into cars (I'm guessing, reading some of your posts)..yo'll want to check out-Lights Motors Action. A show revealing what really happens during motor stunts in movies. And there's the Backlot Tour, a cute little ride where you can see some cool Hollywood Props. There's also Indiana Jones and the Muppets shows.

Epcot is lots of fun. I actually look forward to this park, because, there's no parade, and no little shows I HAVE to see. I can casually walk around and take my time. I can enjoy being without a time schedule. The only thing I HAVE to see...Illuminations. Their firework show is amazing, and the best part? You can see it from anywhere in the World showcase. It's a great break..cause, you'll see that going with two kids...there are things you must make time for...and it gets stressful. You have to see this at 10:00, and this at 2:00 and don't forget this at 4:00 and still get rides in between there. Epcot, is like a breath of fresh air. I actually didn't see the point of this park till our last trip in Oct. And suddenly it hit me....relaxation. ahhhhhh. The World Showcase is amazing...and the rides, wow!! Soarin is fantastic, Test Track is a blast, Mission Space will blow you away....and a ton more.

In fact, that layout is exactly what we have planned for our next trip...
    Since she's a mom I'm not going to compete with that.

I really suggest Studios and Epcot for a day. I'm not sure if you plan on park hopping or any full-service dining but you could hop between the two or dine at a fun place at either park. Studios has some pull for each age bracket of your kids. The older ones will lean towards Tower of Terror and Coaster (height restrictions on those) and the younger one will enjoy Playhouse Disney! Live on Stage and meeting the Playhouse Disney! characters. I also suggest Voyage of the Little Mermaid, One Man's Dream (even if you don't watch the video it's fun for the kids to look at, especially in the rain,) and the Magic of Disney Animation. Studios has a variety of characters out for meet and greets. Some are housed in front of the hat when HSM isn't playing, others in the Animation Courtyard/Building with Playhouse Disney! and movie characters.

Epcot really has a lot to offer from the Kid-Cot onward to various areas of the park. Spaceship Earth, The Seas with Nemo and Friends (ride and Turtle Talk show,) Innoventions East & West, Test Track and Mission:Space for the older kids, The Land, Imagination with Figment... and that's just Future World. Plus, Future World West has Epcot's Character Spot. It's really nice and Epcot is my favorite place to meet characters. Journey into the World Showcase and you'll find more characters. Epcot is different than the others because you need to be more proactive than you would at the Magic Kingdom. As you visit each pavilion look for the Kid-Cot station, see if there's a ride, show or exhibit. Check out the local shops and see what that country is known for. (Even try some foods or treats!) It's a miniature World's Fair and can be used as a great learning opportunity for your kids without them even knowing it!

• Banned User

No, we're not getting the park hopper option because it's another 200 bucks and we're running on a semi tight budget. I might change that though, if I can get away with it.

I'm hoping that when we go it's not too crowded, which according to people here and allears.net it shouldn't be too bad, so I can spam ride the Haunted Mansion and PoTC.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    No, we're not getting the park hopper option because it's another 200 bucks and we're running on a semi tight budget. I might change that though, if I can get away with it.

I'm hoping that when we go it's not too crowded, which according to people here and allears.net it shouldn't be too bad, so I can spam ride the Haunted Mansion and PoTC.

It should not be too crowded.

I understand that a budget is a budget, and going to WDW w/o a park hopper is better than not going. However, I love the option and think its well worth it. We love going to a park in the morning. taking a much needed lunchtime break. Then hitting a different park in the afternoon. You could do Epcot over several late afternoon/evenings since that park is generally open later than the other, for example.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

we have gone to WDW the week before you are going and everything at AK, MGM and Epcot was walk on...but, I know there's a BIG difference in weeks.

As with the park hopper, we've been 5 times in 3 years and only had it once. It was nice the time we had it....we used it to spend half a day at AK and the other half at MGM. But, we don't miss it when we don't take that option. I don't think you'll miss it either with the schedule you have planned.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Epcot is lots of fun. I actually look forward to this park, because, there's no parade, and no little shows I HAVE to see. I can casually walk around and take my time....
    Epcot is my favorite park, but there are a few things that run on schedule. One is Off Kilter, the band that plays in front of the Canada pavilion, and the other is the Voices of Liberty, the a capella group that sings before the American Adventure shows - both not to be missed. But in general I agree with you. I just love strolling around the World Showcase with nothing pending but my dinner reservation in 2 or 3 hours.

And I'm a strong proponent of the park hopping option. Remember some of the parks close earlier than others. Imagine spending your day at the Animal Kingdom, it closes at 5pm, and you have to either go back to your hotel or maybe to Downtown Disney to wander around. With the hopper you can skip over to Epcot for a few rides, a nice dinner and then IllumiNations at 9pm. Or maybe hop to the MK where they're doing evening Extra Magic Hours, and have another 6 or 7 hours park storming. I just couldn't take being hotel bound knowing that there was all that fun out there that I was missing out on.

• Banned User

Yeah, we were supposed to be going a week earlier but my manager F'd up and they had to push my vacation back because someone with more seniority wanted the first week that I had taken. Which kind of pissed me and my wife off because the 8th is our 7th wedding anniversary and it would have been our first day in one of the parks and would have made it a little more special. Now for my anniversary I'll be working.

Anyhow, life isn't fair and going to WDW is all I care about.

That being said, does anyone know if some good off-site hotels for around $40-50 a night? I've located quite a few that are under $50 but most of them didn't have very good reviews on Hotels.com.

DanYoung--yeah, I see your point with park hopping. But, when you have a little one...sometimes heading back to the hotel and catching a few hours of sleep....(to insure against grumpy kiddos) is the better option. I can't wait till my little one is old enough to do park hop like that though!!!

We stayed at a hotel named Sera Largo the first time we were there. It was $49 a night. And not bad. It wasn't anything special, just a good place to sleep with a decent pool. The down side, it was about 15 mins from the parks..and driving all the way back there after spending all day at the parks....was hard.

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    It should not be too crowded.

I understand that a budget is a budget, and going to WDW w/o a park hopper is better than not going. However, I love the option and think its well worth it. We love going to a park in the morning. taking a much needed lunchtime break. Then hitting a different park in the afternoon. You could do Epcot over several late afternoon/evenings since that park is generally open later than the other, for example.
    I second this! Plus it can help with some of the stress if you miss a time slot for a show or something as you can always go back or if you grow bored with a park you can jump to another (we grew bored with Animal Kingdom very quickly. BUT we don't have kids).

We went Sptember 17 -21 last year and we didn't run into any long waits during the week. We walked right onto Space Mountain 3 times!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Too far from Disney World

[quote=draybook;2609351]Yeah, we were supposed to be going a week earlier but my manager F'd up and they had to push my vacation back because someone with more seniority wanted the first week that I had taken. Which kind of pissed me and my wife off because the 8th is our 7th wedding anniversary and it would have been our first day in one of the parks and would have made it a little more special. Now for my anniversary I'll be working.quote]

Celebrate at the parks anyway! Tell them it's your anniversary and they'll give you buttons to wear!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Banned User

Yeah, I'm probably going to upgrade them to park hoppers so we don't get stuck trying to find something to do.

That hotel looks good, I'll do a little more searching. I don't mind a little drive to and from the parks.

• Banned User

Well, now I'm not sure about the park hopper option. Mainly because al of the parks are closing at 8pm during our stay and since we'll be staying off property, extra magic hours are useless to us. We could get the option so that if we get bored at one park we could hop, but I don't think it's worth the extra $200 to do that. Besides, I don't see us getting bored that easily.

no, I don't think you will. We NEVER run out of things to do. Well, except for that one trip where we spent 5 days at just the MK....we got a little bored our last day. But, it was nice just to wander aimlessly through the park.

With the schedule you have set up, I don't think you'll run into that problem. That hotel I mentioned is also next to this little carnival thing. They have little rides and games. I think it's called Old Town. Not sure. So, if you get bored after the parks close, you could head there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast