September or November

My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary in the Fall, and we're trying to decide if we should go to WDW the 3rd or 4th week of September or the 1st week of November. We've been there in November several times, so we know what the weather and crowds are like then, but we're thinking about going in September, and are concerned about the crowds and the humidity. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: September or November

I've been in Sept.; but, it was the first week. Our anniversary is the 2nd and we were there that week. It was VERY nice. The weather was still a little warm, but there were NO crowds. We walked right on everything in AK, Epcot, and MGM. It was amazing.

• We'll hold them at bay

I would say September. The absolute best time might be the first week of December. Crowds are low and Xmas decor is in full swing.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

My birthday is Sept. 29th, and I like to start a visit on that date and then extend a week into October. You get the start of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, the crowds are down, and the weather is MUCH nicer than just a month earlier. Great time of year to visit! I alternate yearly between that and early December to get my Christmas vibe going.

September is very nice but it is LOVEBUG season. They are different every season, some more annoying than others....The crowds are going to be good on either week in September and a little more busy in November. In 2006 I was there in Sept and October for free dining and then in 2007 I was there in November. We loves September because the weather was great.
    Siobhan

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

The only real annoyance for me during lovebug season was keeping my windshield clean! They do a pretty good job of keeping the lovebugs out of the parks for the most part.

We used to go every September. That is our anniversary month (close to you stitchy (9/6) and we honeymooned at Disney World 10 years ago. The crowds were always low and we pretty much walked onto most of the rides. I thought the weather was hot but not unbearable like August. Keep in mind that we are from western pa lol!! I don't know how much the crowds have picked up due to free dining. Have fun! Traci

Hi,

September is a great time to go. My wife and I have been there several times in September. The crowds are light. The weather is warm and humid but actually not to bad. The only think you have to keep in mind is that is one of the high hurricane months. We have been to WDW in September 5 times and never had an issue with hurricanes. That is just something you have to be aware of.

We are going the 1st week of November this year to take in the food and wine festival.

John

• Minion

I usually go the second week of December, but a couple of years ago we went in September and got to "enjoy" a hurricane! I wasn't really excited about staying in my room all day, even though the non-stop Disney movies were good.
    I want my cake back!

Thanks to everyone for your advice...very helpful. At the risk of sounding ignorant, though, what is a "lovebug"?

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terese View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your advice...very helpful. At the risk of sounding ignorant, though, what is a "lovebug"?

After reading this thread I had to find out what they were, here is a link that has pictures and talks a little about them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bug
    Christina

Ewww. That picture of the lovebugs at WDW on Wikipedia is disgusting. If we do decide to go in September, I can only hope that if we go later in the month, the lovebugs will have disappeared. Does anyone know how long these things hang around? After living with cicadas for 2 months last spring/summer, I would rather not have to deal with swarms of bugs when I'm on vacation.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

September!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

If you wait until April to book they will most likely be offering the free dining plan in September which is an incredible deal when it's free!
    Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived! Please give them a ring.

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!