• Former CM

Dinner Show/Events

My next trip to WDW is for Dec of this year. Right now there are a total of 13 (4 kids + 9 adults) of family members all going with 6 of them being first timers. Which of the following dinner shows/events would you suggest for first timers. The 7 of us that have been to WDW have already seen the Aloha show, but we are willing to go again.

Hoop-dee-Doo Musical Revue

Miceky's Backyard BBQ

Aloha Dinner Show

Thanks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Dinner Show/Events

Oh HOOP-DEE-DOO! YAHOO!!!!!

I personally love Hoop! I have seen it over 10 times, and will continue to go see it! I personally like it a lot better than the "Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show" which seemed to say "Ohana" and "Couz" too much for my taste.

If you are a fan of Vaudville and slapstick you will LOVE Hoop Dee Doo!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Disneyholic

If you do Hoop De doo make sure you book a table on the ground floor. We saw it from the balcony and it loses something from up there. Food was just so so, heavy on carbs so not very friendly for us dietetic Disney fans. But for those who like beer its all you can drink!

The Aloha Dinner Show is nice but not what it used to be IMHO, it used to be on the beach and now is a sound stage, kinda lost some of its charm when they did that. I can't speak the the Backyard BBQ as we never seem to be able to book that one.

Bottom line is these shows can be booked a year in advance, to get the most out of the experience and a great seat you need to book as soon as possible, which for some people who don't plan trips a year or two out is a challenge. I think they are all a bit overpriced and then they try to sell you the photo packages, extra drinks, etc on top of it it sucks the fun out of it for me.

I'd rather go to Whispering Canyon, DHS's 50's prime time, Epcot's Bier Garten, or even Ohana's now that the food has been improved and have a better dinner, a fun interaction with the Cast and costs a whole lot less and without the nickel and diming of the "shows".
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Former CM

I was leaning towards Hoop-De-Doo myself since I've seen the Aloha show, but like I said others haven't. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I agree with the Hoop suggestion. We always stay at Fort Wilderness, so it's simple for us. I'm not sure how easy/hard it is to get there if you're staying somewhere else. But, the show is definitely fun. And I also agree that the front floor section is the best for seating - especially for the kids.

The food is basically fried chicken, etc... served family style. It's good food, but if you like "better" food than that for the price you're paying, you might want to try something else.

I've never been able to book the BBQ, but I've heard it's just ok. Not personal experience, but what I've heard.
    -Tim

• Little Miss Sunshine

I'd go with Hoop!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    I agree with the Hoop suggestion. We always stay at Fort Wilderness, so it's simple for us. I'm not sure how easy/hard it is to get there if you're staying somewhere else. But, the show is definitely fun. And I also agree that the front floor section is the best for seating - especially for the kids.

The food is basically fried chicken, etc... served family style. It's good food, but if you like "better" food than that for the price you're paying, you might want to try something else.

I've never been able to book the BBQ, but I've heard it's just ok. Not personal experience, but what I've heard.
    If your not staying at the fort and familiar with the transport system there go from the MK, the boat will drop you off right at Pioneer Hall so you don't have to try to navigate the bus system there... It seems to confuse a lot of guests.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Former CM

Most likely we'll go to MK that day since it's near the dinner shows. I know how to get around and will be making sure everyone else knows how to get there without problems and have them leave early enough to make it too.