•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Disney Reservation System

I've been calling everyday for about a week now, trying to see if any discounted rates have opened up for our trip in May and typically I don't have too much trouble with the reservation line, until today.

1st Call, I was on my way to work and I told the girl I just wanted to search for any discounted rates. She asked me for my reservation number, I usually have it but this time I wasn't near a computer. When I told her this, I gave her my information, she punchs into the computer, lists everyone ELSE in my family and tells me I don't exist.

Umm, I book a room every couple months and currently have 2 reservations. Are you crazy lady?

Then she simply said, "I'm sorry but I can't access your reservation without a reservation number."

I say, "No problem, I'll try again later."

(2nd Call)I hang up, call back immediately and someone answers the phone and goes, "Uh, no way." and hangs up on me.

(3rd Call) I get through, the girl was very nice, she found my information (without a res number) and does the search like I needed.

Another problem I'm finding is whenever I call, the information they have in the system is outdated and I change it EVERY time but as soon as I call back and go through the motions, its ALWAYS my old phone number that I haven't used in 2 years!

Does anyone else every run into these kind of problems? Honestly, I would say 7/10 calls are ok but lately the number of just really bad experiences seem to be increasing.

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Reservation System

That just stinks. I really feel that customer service has gone so far down the drain. It's absolutely ridiculous that they are so rude. Their Quality Assurance teams need to be monitoring the calls better.
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• World Traveler

Hi Summer. I haven't had issues like you describe with Disney in particular, but it's very common in the travel industry. You did well when you thanked the girl and told her you'd call back later. Sometimes the representatives are having a bad day and don't really want to help. You called and got someone else - that was good.

Sometimes, I wish Disney Resorts had a sort of frequent stay program like other hotel companies have. That way, all your reservations could be linked to your account and they'd have all your updated (hopefully) information already. This would also serve to recognize repeat guests for upgrades, requests and such.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've only booked my hotel rooms through Hotels.com and I've never had a problem with them. There's been been times I've gotten rates cheaper through them than what WDW quoted directly.

Recently I've had issues with them having the wrong phone number/address/party names associated with my group even after I changed them. I've also given them the reservation number and had them give me an entirely different family name. So, it's hit or miss. In the end, it usually all evens out.

But, if I get someone that doesn't seem very competent (or friendly), I'll usually make up an excuse that I have to go and I'll call back later to complete my reservation.
    -Tim

• Little Miss Sunshine

There has been a lot of problems lately with the computer system (including having prices not being the same when you show up on a room only). Definitely keep your paperwork and bring it with you to the resorts.

As someone who has worked at DRC, and dealt with DRC for another 6 years after - it's a very tough job, with high turnover. You may end up getting someone new, you can get someone trying to upsell you, etc. I try to do everything online because I find dealing with the agents frustrating.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• I was deleted.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles Summer.

It really does depend on who you talk to and who does what. I had booked a room for my aunt in January as well and they didn't ever ask me for their address or contact information. It would've been an issue when they tried to check-in. Luckily I modified my reservation to add-on the DDP and I was told of this issue where they had us all under one booking instead of two. Kind of frustrating.

Most of the time I'm calling the Dining Line and I've found myself getting the good Cast Members. I've found that it also depends on when you call. I typically call late at night and during the week.

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I've been calling everyday for about a week now, trying to see if any discounted rates have opened up for our trip in May and typically I don't have too much trouble with the reservation line, until today.

1st Call, I was on my way to work and I told the girl I just wanted to search for any discounted rates. She asked me for my reservation number, I usually have it but this time I wasn't near a computer. When I told her this, I gave her my information, she punchs into the computer, lists everyone ELSE in my family and tells me I don't exist.

Umm, I book a room every couple months and currently have 2 reservations. Are you crazy lady?

Then she simply said, "I'm sorry but I can't access your reservation without a reservation number."

(2nd Call)I hang up, call back immediately and someone answers the phone and goes, "Uh, no way." and hangs up on me.

(3rd Call) I get through, the girl was very nice, she found my information (without a res number) and does the search like I needed.

Another problem I'm finding is whenever I call, the information they have in the system is outdated and I change it EVERY time but as soon as I call back and go through the motions, its ALWAYS my old phone number that I haven't used in 2 years!

Does anyone else every run into these kind of problems? Honestly, I would say 7/10 calls are ok but lately the number of just really bad experiences seem to be increasing.
    Having worked at DRC for 10 years I can give you some information. We can always access a guests reservation with or without a res number. There are several ways to do it. What I think you are running into is a "revenue concern" here. Agents have to meet a certain revenue criteria or not only do they not get a bonus at the end of the month, but if they fail to meet this revenue 3 months in a row, they are fired. Calls that do not require a new reservation and just questions cost the res agent money, hence, you are going to get people that are annoyed with your call. This is not right, but this is a fact. Until the agent learns that everyone gets these calls and it really does average out in the end, you will get people that will rush you off the phone, and in some cases even hang up on you. One woman who after 20 years working in the res center was just recently fired for disconnecting "modification" calls because they do take a while to process, so be aware that eventually they will get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

Summerlin - this is the latest discounts. As you can see they have not gotten to May yet. I get notified every morning. When in May are your going? If you like I will keep you posted.
    http://www.gettingacreditcard.com/disney-visa-card.jpg

Disney Rewards® Visa® Cardholders can now get discounted
    "room only" rates for Disney World for stays between
    3/30/08-4/12/08.

Moderate resorts (Sun-Thurs): $129 plus tax Standard view
    Old Key West Resort (Sun-Thurs): $204 plus tax Studio
    Saratoga Springs Resort (Sun-Thurs): $204 plus tax Studio
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 03-08-2008 at 10:37 AM. Reason: hotlinked image removed

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    Calls that do not require a new reservation and just questions cost the res agent money, hence, you are going to get people that are annoyed with your call. This is not right, but this is a fact. Until the agent learns that everyone gets these calls and it really does average out in the end, you will get people that will rush you off the phone, and in some cases even hang up on you. .
    Anytime I see someone call a DRC agent a "customer service agent", I always correct that. DRC agents are sales agents, and some do a hard sell - or at least try to upsell into things that guests don't need. But that is where it comes in, being informed before calling.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

whoa, that's surprizing. I've never had problems with the reservation people. Although, I have had some ALOT more friendly than others. I have had the problem with information though. We changed our phone number and it took about 3 calls before it stayed changed.

That's the system, not the agent. For some reason the part where you information is stored does not always take what we put in when we change something. So just be patient, you'll get an agent who will call it into the IT team, and they will get it changed.