Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Soarin' Over Florida?

I understand the whole "import attractions from other parks to capatilize on the 50th" thing, but once thins hoop-la is over, I would love to see the Soarin' in EPCOT changed to Soarin' over Florida. It would be SOOOOO inexpensive to film, and Florida has so much of it own to offer. Fly over the Daytona 500, a shuttle launch, the evergreens, the naval base in Jacksonville, the beautiful beaches, and yes, bring you home to the WDW complex.
    I just don't think a ride showcasing California should be a permanant fixture in Florida.

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Soarin' Over Florida?

Well, the point of the attraction is to show off the various biomes of the earth. Because California is so large, it contains many different types of land (such as mountains, dessert, and various others. Florida on the other hand has very little diversity in the land. If they need to change the film, I personally would rather a USA film (with the Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Alaska, Hawaii, etc and then ending over Epcot). But right now, I don't find any problems with the californian video. Had I not known, the only parts I would know to be in California would be the Golden Gate Bridge segment and the Disneyland ending. I just can't see how they would do Florida and keep in line with the purpose of the attraction.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

It is in the "land pavilion" it will probably change to showcase the different aspects of America or other things... California was a good choice due to it's different systems right now.. but they will soon hopefully get a new movie.. or at least land in Epcot/WDW... (thought I enjoy landing in disneyland.. as it makes me happy for a little bit..)

• Minion

Kill the California. Get rid of Tink and Disneyland. This is about The Land.

Go all around the world.

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by General Grizz
    Kill the California. Get rid of Tink and Disneyland. This is about The Land.

Go all around the world.
    Ditto here, heck, if you want Florida, howabout having you fly over marshes, then pop over a tree and you are flying over Epcot, then land in The Land? It'll work!
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Remember, they only copied the CA film due to budget. I wouldn't be suprized if it gets a new film in a year or two. (And if they change the CA theme from DCA, that film will be copied over to CA).
    -Monorail Man

• Classic Animation

How about soarin over all the Disney parks worldwide!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbubba
    That would be great if Soarin' weren't housed in a building about man's interaction with nature and food production...

• keh!

soarin' around the world would be awesome, but not soarin' over florida.... it's too flat... i think the highest point was 22 ft. on land (not sure).

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb
    soarin' around the world would be awesome, but not soarin' over florida.... it's too flat... i think the highest point was 22 ft. on land (not sure).
    This is off topic, but I heard somewhere that the highest mountain in florida is the peak of Big Thunder Mountain.

But anyways, I'm pretty sure they will change the film at soarin in epcot to something new, eventually.

• Park Hopper

hahahaha.... soaring over florida.... it would be swamps and endless neighbourhoods where all houses look the same... condos, strip malls, strip clubs.... they can end it with a montage of old people in crown victorias driving into things, knocking over post boxes, fire hydrants and then rear ending a fancy SUV in the epcot parking lot....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    This is off topic, but I heard somewhere that the highest mountain in florida is the peak of Big Thunder Mountain.

But anyways, I'm pretty sure they will change the film at soarin in epcot to something new, eventually.
    Was.. now it is Everest... 199 feet up... LOL

I know i can be wrong.. gut onlu 22 feet high.. I am sure that cannot be right.. We do have some hills..

• Theme Park Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbubba
    If that were the case then it would be more approate to have gone into the World Showcase. As it is the segments are rather generic, with the exceptions of the Golden Gate and Disneyland, and can pass for any locations on earth if you didn't know different.

ie. Mnt. Whitney = Himalayas
    Redwoods in Northern California = The Grand Tetons
    Sand Dunes = Sahara
    Malibu = The Greek Isles
    downtown Los Angeles = any Metropolitan City
    Orange Grove north of Los Angeles = Florida Orange Groves

Most people have not seen these locations in person or video and would not know any different, it is standard Hollywoood to film in some California location and pass it off as somewhere in Tibet.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I think California fits. I mean it showcases all types of land...and the queue's video quizzes are cool, they border on old-school EPCOT.
    I don't think Florida makes so much sense. And if they didn't announce that it was scenes of the Californian landscape, many people wouldn't know except for San Fran. I mean LA could blend with any other city and I'm sure people now think that they are flying over "Disney" (the Magic Kingdom) anyways instead of Disneyland.
    I say it's good.

• ROFLCOPTER

The Soring ride could start at Diseyland and end at Epcot. You could fly over the Illimuniations show at the end.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast