Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney Quest

Disney Quest

What's happening w/ Disney Quest... I think that's what it's called. The last time I was at WDW we didn't have time to visit it and now I hear that it's closing. Was it worth the time to visit and is it actually closing?

Speedemon

Re: Disney Quest

If you like virtual reality and/or just video games in general, you'd have a good time. I really enjoyed it, and I'm not a gamer at all. But, Virtual Space Mountain was worth it alone.

I believe it closing is still just a rumor. I don't believe there has been any announcement or even any conclusive evidence besides Cheesecake Factory leaving/moving.
    -Tim

• May the F=ma be with you

Don't worry, it's not going anywhere any time soon. Other than the cheesecake factory.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    Don't worry, it's not going anywhere any time soon. Other than the cheesecake factory.
    Which is horrible in itself! That was my only reason for bring the girls back there, so I could veg in Wonderland cafe and eat cheesecake. :P

• Disneyholic

What/who are they going to replace Cheesecake Factory with? I hope they don't close the Neverland Cafe it's where I drag my kid to when the nausea from the VR rides hits the danger zone...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• We'll hold them at bay

The new theory is that since other major stores such as the Virgin Megastore are going, they will DQ alone for the time being

http://www.mouseextra.com/2008/02/25...lock/#comments
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

They better NOT close Virgin! Where am I going to get my impossible to find imports from? And don't say iTunes or Amazon because even they don't have what I'm looking for half the time.

• For You!

We did Disney Quest for a couple of hours and that was plenty. We did on our last day at WDW before we had to go to the airport. I like the "vintage" arcade games. The Aladdin ride just gave us all a headache. I did enjoy the Cheesecake Factory though.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    They better NOT close Virgin! Where am I going to get my impossible to find imports from? And don't say iTunes or Amazon because even they don't have what I'm looking for half the time.
    There's always the one in New York...

But I take it that you don't want to spend $1000 to buy a $12 CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

No. With Cheesecake Factory pulling out there's no reason left to visit this place.

Right now, it appears as if DQ has gotten a brief reprieve from closing. But I wouldn't expect it to be open 2-3 years from now.

And if Disney loses Virgin, it is HUGE. Virgin started as a low-budget brand, but now has a lot of cache attatched to the name. It's also big with the UKers who are the bread and butter clientele of WDW. I don't have confrimation that it is closing ... but it is a strong rumor.

But as for DQ, why anyone would waste a second in that depressing box with four world-class theme parks, two water parks, amazing resorts and recreation available OUTSIDE is truly beyond me.

You want to play video games? Buy an X-Box or whatever else the kiddies play.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    But as for DQ, why anyone would waste a second in that depressing box with four world-class theme parks, two water parks, amazing resorts and recreation available OUTSIDE is truly beyond me.
    Because it's a nice break from the madness of the parks. We've gone both times we went to WDW. We always pencil in time for DTD during our trips and DQ has been a part of that both trips. Our kids have fun and we have fun with them...which is the point of a family vacation.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I think its probably a goner once the lease is up. Sorry
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

My partner and I LOVE DisneyQuest--it's a selling point. The problem is more that technology has moved on in so many manners, that many of the items within DQ are not keeping up. And since it's considered the bottom of the barrel (the big budgets tend to be sold to the MK, DAK, etc.), the games will not be upgraded soon.

Aladdin's ride is a good example. You don't need those huge headsets anymore.

Pirates video game and the Jungle Cruise are a blast, in contrast.

And we love the retro games! My heart soars when I see DigDug or Q*Bert!

We are gamers, btw, so yeah, we're into video games.

Cheesecake Factory was icing on the perverbial cake. Sorry to hear it's closing.

However, we give a smidge of kudos to the Neverland Cafe--it's one of the few places that when you order a hamburger, unlike McDonald's or various park locales, they make right-then-and-there. It has the zing of a slightly greasey spoon, but it is a welcome reprieve from the cookie-cutter eateries you've been hitting up on your vacation.

I say, no criticism from us is going to sway you--go and decide for yourself and then let us know. We like it; others don't.

We like to go to DAK in the morning and DQ in the afternoon. Seemed to work best for us. The rainy days are good bet, but everyone will think the same.

Actually, if we lived closer, we'd go a bit more often! Yes, we like it that much!

Virtual Space Mountain rocks!

I'm sorry to hear Virgin will leave. First my precious Disney Stores. I used to drive to Denver to pick up Celtic tunes at Virgin. And when I was on vacation, what a joy to go to Virgin and snag some rarities.

Bummer.

Peace!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• We'll hold them at bay

I would think some of these "games" like Cyber Space Mountain, the Pirates deal, virtual jungle cruise would work better on the cruise boats as an activity for passengers. Its just not cost feasible as is
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    I think its probably a goner once the lease is up. Sorry

Look at the bright side if there is turnover maybee they will invest some time, effort, and money into the west side... Compared to Universal's area and even the original DTD marketplace its very bland and uninspired. We almost never bother walking down there we stick to the Marketplace and sometimes PI.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast