Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• We'll hold them at bay

Ratatouille Coaster

Dave at Mouse Extra is talking about Mr. Yee's recent article stating that the Ratatouille is a good bet to be included in the Pixar Place area of DHS.

http://www.mouseextra.com/2008/03/14...udios/#respond

Count me in. This would be a great addition to DHS which needs some fresh blood.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Re: Ratatouille Coaster

It would be great , I really like the charachters Remy and Emilie. You could make somthing really good of the coaster with this Movie!

• Minion

ORWEN: I've always loved rats, too! In fact, some of my best FRIENDS are rats!! So I say bring on all the rat-related attractions you can!

While I like the idea of maybe bringing over the Crush's Coaster type attraction, I don't really want it to be themed to Ratatouille. Personally, I think that with the end of Pixar Place looking like an industrialized/urban area, and with the Backlot Tour looking pretty sad these days, I would say open an Incredibles themed coaster in that area. They could use the existing Backlot Tour queue and Stage 1 building, modifying the entrance slightly so that it looks like Metroville. They could even make it look like there was a recent battle, all they have to do is replace the tram vehicle that broke through the wall with an omnidroid.

I'm making sketches and plans for this right now, just to see how it would look, but I think that given the fast-paced nature of the film, the exciting soundtrack, and the available precedent as far as vehicles and scenes go, an Incredi-Coaster would be ideal for that location.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    While I like the idea of maybe bringing over the Crush's Coaster type attraction, I don't really want it to be themed to Ratatouille. Personally, I think that with the end of Pixar Place looking like an industrialized/urban area, and with the Backlot Tour looking pretty sad these days, I would say open an Incredibles themed coaster in that area. They could use the existing Backlot Tour queue and Stage 1 building, modifying the entrance slightly so that it looks like Metroville. They could even make it look like there was a recent battle, all they have to do is replace the tram vehicle that broke through the wall with an omnidroid.

I'm making sketches and plans for this right now, just to see how it would look, but I think that given the fast-paced nature of the film, the exciting soundtrack, and the available precedent as far as vehicles and scenes go, an Incredi-Coaster would be ideal for that location.
    wasn't the rat a bigger hot than Incredibles
    www.jamboeveryone.com

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    wasn't the rat a bigger hot than Incredibles
    Eventually, right now, it is the third highest grossing Pixar film ($620,261,049), after Finding Nemo ($864,625,978), and the Incredibles ($631,442,092).

I'm not saying Ratatouille isn't a good movie, in fact, it's one of my favorites, but I think the Incredibles works better for a coaster-based attraction. I think Ratatouille would make a good interactive show, restaurant, or even a neat dark ride.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    Eventually, right now, it is the third highest grossing Pixar film ($620,261,049), after Finding Nemo ($864,625,978), and the Incredibles ($631,442,092).

I'm not saying Ratatouille isn't a good movie, in fact, it's one of my favorites, but I think the Incredibles works better for a coaster-based attraction. I think Ratatouille would make a good interactive show, restaurant, or even a neat dark ride.
    Really, I think the sewer ride fits much better as a coaster than anything for the Incredibles. I think the Incredibles would be better served with a DL's Roger Rabbit clone.
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    Really, I think the sewer ride fits much better as a coaster than anything for the Incredibles. I think the Incredibles would be better served with a DL's Roger Rabbit clone.

I think The Incredibles is too big a movie for a mere dark ride.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Wasn't this idea supposedly dropped already because Ratatouille didn't sell enough merchandise? Nonetheless, I think a Ratatouille coaster would be pretty cool actually but I'm not sure how well it would really work.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    My idea: a fast dark ride where you are Dash and you can spin he vechile, you spin thru scenes of battles between the various heroes and aliens and/or robots
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I agree to a certain extent. A dark ride along the lines of Snow White, Peter Pan, Alice, etc wouldn't work but I think perhaps a dark ride/coaster hybrid has a potential. Any ride associated with The Incredibles seems like it would need to be fast-pace and so a traditonal dark ride wouldn't work.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I still need to see Ratatoullie.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

This thread is about the Ratatouille Coaster so let's try and stick with that at least on the first page.

So... would this just be a coaster that goes through a massive kitchen? Or what. I don't quite get it. I mean, Crush's Coaster I totally get. They're in the Eastern Australian Current and go through the ocean. That's a world of possibilities. Ratatouille is a bit broad. Sewers? Kitchen? Both?

Perhaps when they give us the actual name of the ride it would be more clear. Like Remy's Adventure or something like that.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyholic

I could see it as a dark ride similar to Mr toads with a lot of hairpins and cutbacks with knives popping up and narrow misses in the kitchen and then off to the sewers etc., but not as a coaster. Unless of course its a wild mouse...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• MiceChat Partner Site

Yes, this was in fact talked about in great detail a couple months ago. I'm all for this idea. This is a great Pixar movie, and the possibilities for a Ratatouille attraction are endless. Disney could always use a new roller coaster, so why not go for it. It'll liven up Disney's Hollywood Studios, and it'd be in the correct location -- Pixar Place (no more Pixar attractions in Tomorrowland ... though this attraction could fit nicely in France over at Epcot).

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast