Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fastpass

Fastpass

Do they allow you use your fast pass at WDW after your window of time has ended like the do at DL?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Fastpass

For the most part, yes. I believe Soarin' is the only attraction that routinely enforces the windows.

I've used FastPasses at Soarin' well after my time window had expired. They didn't even question it. This was also during the New Year's holiday.
    -Tim

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

I always use fastpass's after the window time and have never been challenged about it.
    wishesjake and SleepingBeauty867

• Attn. Space Travelers....

we at Space Mountain will allow you to enter after your window expires, however the fastpass must actually be from that day. So basically, dont use a FP from january. I still get people that try to give me the old fastpasses dated 5 years ago....its kinda funny
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I was able to use a Big Thunder FastPass I had from the morning later that evening.

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I was able to use a Big Thunder FastPass I had from the morning later that evening.
    I don't know how you were able to do that. Everytime I've used Fast Pass they take the pass when I go through!! I have never known them to stop anyone who is late for the appointed time, then they will usually let you through, unless you get the Cast Member who is having a bad day...then your out of luck.

• Banned User

This is one of the biggest problems I have with the management of Fastpass and one reason why I firmly believe it needs to go for good. The idea of the time window is to control the flow thru the attraction and to maintain stand by lines moving at a pace. When people start skipping the time window and showing up whenever they feel like it, coupled with CMs who have no guts to tell guests they are late and can't use the FP anymore, it creates backups for those in the stand by line later in the day. And since CM create further backups by not sticking to a pre-determined number of FP users versus the stand-by line users, it makes the problem worst. This is not fair for the majority of guests who chose to not use FP because of the time window, or those who didn't get a FP because they ran out. Disney should not offer a choice on how to enjoy rides and shows... everyone at the park should be treated the same, with the same priviledges. Or else, Disney needs to start charging money for this priviledge which is clearly abused by the masses.

Exclamation Re: Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    This is one of the biggest problems I have with the management of Fastpass and one reason why I firmly believe it needs to go for good. The idea of the time window is to control the flow thru the attraction and to maintain stand by lines moving at a pace. When people start skipping the time window and showing up whenever they feel like it, coupled with CMs who have no guts to tell guests they are late and can't use the FP anymore, it creates backups for those in the stand by line later in the day. And since CM create further backups by not sticking to a pre-determined number of FP users versus the stand-by line users, it makes the problem worst. This is not fair for the majority of guests who chose to not use FP because of the time window, or those who didn't get a FP because they ran out. Disney should not offer a choice on how to enjoy rides and shows... everyone at the park should be treated the same, with the same priviledges. Or else, Disney needs to start charging money for this priviledge which is clearly abused by the masses.

i totally agree....but in my case it not being gutless....people will just get to ride anyways once management comes to "save the day"

i have had people actually cut the line in front of me and still have management let them ride after i call them. Then i get lectured about being nicer about guest service. finally, i get yelled at by the guests after management leaves for letting this happen!!! excuse me?? did i not just try to stop them from cutting?? go yell at my stupid manager!!

i agree that the time window is for flow control, but too many stupid people arguing with management leads to acceptance of allowing late fastpass....why not just allow early ones too?!?!?!? one of the many reasons that the parks are all messed up!!

ARGH!

I agree with the two comments above. Why management continues to foster this sense of entitlement and selfishness is beyond me.

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

I agree with all the above posters. The system sucks because CM's will not stick to their guns. I worked Guest Services and it was always if the yell loud, give them what they want. Stupid way of doing things. They have a time span for a reason, use it or why bother. And anyone who cuts in line should be sent to the back of the line, no questions asked. I don't know what makes some people feel they are better than everyone else who is patiently waiting their turn, but they should certainly not be tolerated. I could tell you stories that would make you hair curl.....

People have that sense of entitlement because America fosters it. It's hard for me to even think of a place that doesn't offer preferential treatment to people and allow them to "bypass the line". Checking in at the airport, security at the airport, getting on the plane, rental car lines, HOV lanes on the highway, FastPass, FlashPass, VIP, etc... The more that happens, the less people ever want to wait in line.
    -Tim

I agree...It would be a lot fairer if they stuck to the timeslots

youll all be happy to know that i kicked out everyone w/o valid fastpasses today and management was in no way involved....this made it so much easier for me to do my job!! i even had one guest removed from the park after he became violent when i refused him entry!! yay!!

I agree with the above posts that Fastpass time s need to be enforced. If you are not going to enforce it, then why bother having it. Use the money on better rides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast