Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Less Cluck for Your Buck--AGAIN!

ORWEN: Greetings to all you breast and leg loving ducklings out there--who have long appreciated many chicken strips with your fries at the various Disney theme parks over the years. Now, I'm not the type who likes to complain--

ORGOCH: --in a bat's butt!

ORWEN: (Ahem!!) Like I was SAYING, I don't like to complain. But when us Cauldron girls went to Epcot for the MiceChat meet this past weekend, I went and started to order the usual Chicken strips and fries like I usually do, only to find out they don't sell chicken strips any more!!! Instead, they give you 6 little chicken nuggets that don't begin to equal the same amount of chicken you used to get with the strips!! Yet the price is the same and will most likely go up again and again!! Talk about another example of Disney's price gouging!

ORDDU: Yes, it certainly does look like just that! These little nuggets really aren't up to par when it comes to being a proper portion. You end up with a lot less chicken in your basket as a result. Is it just a sign of the times or can't Disney afford to give their guests a fair amount of chicken any more--due to America's current economy woes?

ORWEN: And if they're cutting back on the chicken portions at Epcot, is it safe to assume they're doing the same thing at the Magic Kingdom, Disney Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom? If so, I say it's just not fair!

ORGOCH: Well, heck!! Why don'tcha's all just do what I does whilst at a Dizzy theme park?! Hunt down yer OWN food!! Fer years I been sayin' I ketch the best frogs off a Tom Sawdust Island!!!

Re: Less Cluck for Your Buck--AGAIN!

Man, oh, man (or witch, oh, witch if you prefer). If the Columbia Harbor House doesn't serve chicken strips when we go in August, my girlfriend won't be a happy camper. Come to think of it, neither will I.
    Last edited by MouseHipster; 03-20-2008 at 05:17 PM.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Could I int'rest ya in some Frog legs, then?! They's a might tastier than any ol' chicken parts anyways!!

Quote Originally Posted by MouseHipster View Post
    Man, oh, man (or witch, oh, witch if you prefer). If the Columbia Harbor House doesn't serve chicken strips when we go in August, my girlfreind won't be a happy camper. Come to think of it, neither will I.
    Columbia Harbor House does have great tasting chicken strips! They used to serve the soup in bread bowl but I don't think they do that anymore.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

those chicken strips in Harbor House are the ONLY thing I remember seeing my VERY picky friend eat during a 7 day trip!!! If they get rid of those...she's gonna starve on her next trip.

• Why can't you tune a fish

This has been hashed and re-hashed to death on another site (*gasp* yes, another site)

To summarize that massive thread of drama. Chicken Strips are GONE. They are not available in any location. A number of people have checked a number of places. They now offer chicken nuggets.

The nuggets are not your run-of-the-mill nuggets. They are more like "short strips" in that they are still breast meat, as opposed to chopped and formed chicken parts.

The nuggets come in two different serving sizes now, offering less for smaller eaters.

I personaly dont give a rats patootie about this whole thing because I never found the original chicken strips to be all that and a bag of chips

The bread bowls have been gone from CHH for a while. The plastic bowls are a lot less satisfying, don't taste as good, and cut my gums up something fierce.

I now leave you with my final comments that I posted on this subject on another site.

I yam what I yam (oh lets not start talking about yams vs. sweet potatoes)

Seriously, just so nobody gets any wrong ideas about my other posts.

1) I (and my kids) eat junk food too (and we like it) especially when in WDW, but I am not about to let my children (no matter how much I love them) dictate menu choices to me.

2) I really don't care what anybody calls a tender, tenderloin, strip, nugget, chunk, boneless wing, finger, or any other name (A chicken by any other name would taste as good ) The point I was trying to make is there really is no set definition, so to figure out what these new beasties taste like, there really is only one way - thats to eat them yourself. The proof is in the pudding (or in this case nugget, chunk, strip, or nubbin)

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: And if they're cutting back on the chicken portions at Epcot, is it safe to assume they're doing the same thing at the Magic Kingdom, Disney Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom? If so, I say it's just not fair!

ORGOCH: Well, heck!! Why don'tcha's all just do what I does whilst at a Dizzy theme park?! Hunt down yer OWN food!! Fer years I been sayin' I ketch the best frogs off a Tom Sawdust Island!!!
    When I was at the Magic Kingdom last week, I ate lunch at the Columbia Harbor House and ordered "6 chicken strips" as it said on the menu with fries. The chicken strips cost me around $6-7 and did not include fries, an additional $1.99, plus $2 soda. When I got my food I was surprised to see that these "chicken strips" were either very small chicken strips or chicken nuggets, however, I had paid for chicken strips which I believe would have been bigger as I saw in the picture of it on the menu.

I didnt complain though, because at that point I was so desperate to eat food that I would have eaten anything they would have given me, but that was one expensive lunch for the food that I got. I remember paying around the same or probably less for a much more satisfying burger-and-fries lunch at Disneyland's Hungry Bear restaurant last summer.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I kinda like the newer version a little better.

I know it seems that we get less but I don't think that's the case. It's almost like they took the strips, chopped them into pieces and served them that way. Honestly, I think the amount is the same, not less.

• Minion

ORWEN: Trust me, Summer, duckling. It's most certainly LESS. As a witch who buys chicken strips all the time, I can tell the difference. The 6 little nuggets don't begin to equal the amount of chicken you got with the 3 medium sized strips--even if they DO taste just as good.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Good thing I usually avoid the chicken strips and get my turkey sammich with the awesome chipotle mayo and muenster cheese at Sunshine Seasons. Drooling just thinking about it. Thank god Panera has a very similar sandwich to tide me over between WDW trips!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Good thing I usually avoid the chicken strips and get my turkey sammich with the awesome chipotle mayo and muenster cheese at Sunshine Seasons. Drooling just thinking about it. Thank god Panera has a very similar sandwich to tide me over between WDW trips!

oh!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE that sandwich!!!!!!!!!!! Evil Aimster made me hungry!!!!!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Stichy, like I mentioned, Panera has that almost exact same sandwich but no cheese.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post

That is a good sandwitch. I should have had that instead of the dry chicken wrap I had last weekend.

I can now eat that turkey sandwitch since they stopped calling it a muffaletta.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

they were calling it a muffaletta? What's wrong with those people? I'm from La....calling a turkey sandwich a muffaletta is a BIG no no.

This is standard operating procedure for WDW.

Lower quality/quantity while raising prices at the same time.

Kind of like getting it in both ends at the same time ... and not in a good, magical, healthy, mutually fulfilling way either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast