Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Where to Stay???

We are in the process of planning a trip to DisneyWorld this fall. We have a 9 year old boy and a 5 year old girl and this will be our first time there. What would your suggestions be regarding which resort to stay in. I am looking at the Moderate or Value resorts, but leaning more towards the Moderate resorts.

Please let me know your suggestions and why.

Thanking you all in advance,
    Traci

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Where to Stay???

we LOVE LOVE LOVE Pop Century. I love the idea of food courts. Everybody in my family eats something different, and being able to have those choices, and the convienence of them was great! There are three different pools at the the hotel, so if one was full...we went to another. And my daughter LOVES the little bunnies and ducks that wander around the resort. The little lake there is SO peaceful. we just LOVE this hotel!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Another vote for Pop Century. It's probably my favorite of the on property hotels. If you love pop culture, you'll be in heaven. Plus it has 3 pools and the food court is really good. I love the loaded nachos there.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

chicken parmesean........tie dye cheesecake.......fresh croissaints........yummmmm

• future rockstar/imagineer

if you want to stay at a moderate then i world definitely say that you should stay at Port Orleans!

• Sock Puppet

For the value resorts, Pop Century is the newest and the best, although out of the value/moderates I'd choose Port Orleans (French Quarter).

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

If you choose a Value Resort I would suggest Pop Century. It is the newest of the Values & I happen to know the manager there and he is delightful & commands a delightful team. Happy employees make the guests happy. He was my manager over at the Res Center. If you choose a moderate, I concur with the abovel and would stay at either of the Port Orleans Resorts. You will have a little more room in the moderates as the rooms a larger, and of course every time you step up you have more amenities. The kids will enjoy the pools at the moderates as the all have slides which the value resorts do not have...Good luck & enjoy your trip.

• Pixiedust?

For value resort, I would go with Pop Century because of the atmosphere and I love the tye-dye cheesecake in the food court. For moderate resort, I would go with Port Orleans French Quarter because I love how much smaller it is, the mardi gras atmosphere, and the pool with the dragon slide.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

I'm in the minority, but I like the atmosphere of Coronado Springs more than any other place I've stayed at.

• Queen of Randomness

I've only stayed in Port Orleans-French Quarters but I very much enjoyed it.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

I love Coronado...just hate to walk a mile to my room after being in the parks all day. Resort is sooo spread out, but it is beautiful, no doubt about that.

• Too far from Disney World

For a value resort I loved All Star Movies! It was always clean in the food court and the food was always fresh and yummy anytime we ate there, the staff was very friendly and helpful any time we had a question. The Fantasia pool was a lot of fun (Sorcer Mickey shoots water into the air). We stayed there last September and it wasn't too crowded so there was never a lot of noise and we never had to wait long for any lines.
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• We'll hold them at bay

I vote for the Caribbean Beach for a moderate
    http://www.mouseextra.com/2006/12/01/45/#comments
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticDuck View Post
    For a value resort I loved All Star Movies!
    Yeah, and don't forget the cool mini-theatre they have set up or the the toons they play inside the cafetaria.

I would have to agree with the majority. I would vote for Pop Century at the Value resorts and would upgrade to the moderate if your budget allows. My favorite moderate is also Port Orleans - but I would choose the Riverside. Just because I like the decor better. Just make sure to request a room close to the main building and you won't have to walk as far. Disney doesn't guarantee requests but they try to accomodate you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast