Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• We'll hold them at bay

Take a Shot at Imagineering the New Beastly Kingdomme

Lets assume for a moment that a Jim Hill rumor actually has a shot at being true. Lets say Disney has decided to bring back the Beastly Kingdomme, but has canned all of those terrific ideas like the Dragon Tower (I sure did like those giant talking bats), Mother Goose shop, Loch Ness Monster cafe, etc

Instead, we're getting a land based on mythical animals from Disney. Take a shot at imagineering a ride, shop, show, eatery, whatever.

Some that came to my mind would be a dark ride based on Hercules where you ride flying pegasi. Or perhaps a dragon coaster from Sleeping Beauty.

Anything else?
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Take a Shot at Imagineering the New Beastly Kingdomme

Personally I am going to take the full cohesive land idea, and make my Land Narnia....

As you enter the land you are greeted by dense snow covered forrests with a lone iron lamp, as you pass the lamp you see a castle in the distance to one side and to the other the white sails of a large ship...

As you make your way towards the caslte down smaller paths you hear whispers from the trees, and interact with talking animals...

Once you reach the castle you learn the the Snow Queen has returned and threatens Narnia once again with an enternal winter!

You want to flee but as you are about to turn around a wall of ice comes crashing down and seperates you from the outside world. You and your group with a trusty guide must figure a way out.... As you press on deeper into the castle you come across statues of frozen Narnians, you guide teaches some of the younger people in the group how to revive them, you start to bring them to life...

Soon you are confronted with the Snow Queen and you are saved from a certain deep freeze by the sudden apperance of Aslan! All is well and you are able to return to safe and happy Narnia....

As you exit the castle, the Sail of large ship are calling you! You make your way towards the large ship and board it, as you get on board a giant talking mouse named Ribcheep tells you that they have designated a special vessel for you to travel in.

Your party the boards a small ship that seats about 6 and you begin your own Voyage of the Dawn Trader... You make brief stops at every Island, you avoid the peril ... and are able to return safley home to Narnia after visiting the world's end...

After you return from your Voyage on your mini Dawn Trader, you look and see it is time for the Cirque du Narnia... you enter a theatre made of living trees, branches sway and the lights appear... Animals of all sorts display their amazing behaviors and abilities in true narnia fashion!

As you exit the theatre you are able to explore ruins from Narnia past, and as you interact with the ruins voices of the past are heard, and you follow their advice and enjoy a nice interactive playground/maze....

Ok enough of that... fun to play around...
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Sock Puppet

I hope its along the lines of the original plans for the area, but it looks like these days they'll use any opportunity to have a PIXAR tie-in. Adding Narnia themed aspects to Beastly Kingdom would be welcome, though, and makes sense since there are upcoming movies to be released (& at least its not another PIXAR related attraction)

• We'll hold them at bay

I guess it would depend on how well Prince caspian does
    www.jamboeveryone.com

Blog Entries

Ok, here's my idea for a ride.

Ride System: Hybrid, Dark Ride/indoor coaster

Queue: The queue would be designed to look like the entrance into a massive cave and would wind deep into the cave. The cave will show signs of the dragons presence, burned skeletons, littered treasure, etc... Eventually we find our way to the loading platform which loads us into a cart to take us on our journey.

The Ride: As we round a corner we see Merlin standing before us. (This will utilize either an AA or musion technology). He will call to us:

"Hail brave souls. Thank you for heeding the call, the land of Avalon is in dire need. The evil dragon Belzar has tortured this land for far too long. It has been placed upon myself to rid the world of this menace. But I can't do it alone. Many have tried but have failed. I need your help to destroy this evil fiend. Join me in a journey of epic proportions you heros of Avalon. But beware, this will not be easy, and many have failed. But we are the final hope."

With that Merlin disappears in a ball of smoke and our car continues forward into the caves. We head through some very cool themed areas with skeletons of people who have been this way before, maybe some littered treasure, other things that you might find in a dragon cave (maybe some little side adventures like a lava flow, deep pits, etc... that we have to get through to reach the inner sanctum). Merlin appears a few times to use his magic to help us further into the cave.

Finally we enter a huge treasure horde, this room is massive, and lying in the center amongst all of his treasure is the dragon. It awakes and roars at us in disapproval practically spitting as it yells at us as to why we have trespassed on his lair. Merlin appears again and proclaims that his days of terrorizing the countryside are over, that we are here to stop him. The dragon laughs and says to stop him if we can. With that a huge ball of flame erupts from the dragons mouth engulfing Merlin who has now disappeared, and off we go.

At this point the coaster portion begins with us being chased by the dragon. We can hear him taunting us as we zip up, down, back and forth throughout the darkness. We know that he's nearby however because we keep seeing flame erupting all around us. Finally we reach a point where we seem trapped and the dragon is looming over us. All we can see is his head peering through an entrance, he opens his mouth to burn us and Merlin appears, dropping a massive rock on his head saving us, and Avalon from the dragon. He thanks us for our service to the kingdom but then says, we've got to find a way out of here. He waves his magic staff and suddenly we are launched up in the air and fly out the side of the cave for a quick trip outside the park before coming to rest at unload where we are thanked for our service to the kingdom.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Ok, here's my idea for a ride.

Ride System: Hybrid, Dark Ride/indoor coaster

Queue: The queue would be designed to look like the entrance into a massive cave and would wind deep into the cave. The cave will show signs of the dragons presence, burned skeletons, littered treasure, etc... Eventually we find our way to the loading platform which loads us into a cart to take us on our journey.

The Ride: As we round a corner we see Merlin standing before us. (This will utilize either an AA or musion technology). He will call to us:

"Hail brave souls. Thank you for heeding the call, the land of Avalon is in dire need. The evil dragon Belzar has tortured this land for far too long. It has been placed upon myself to rid the world of this menace. But I can't do it alone. Many have tried but have failed. I need your help to destroy this evil fiend. Join me in a journey of epic proportions you heros of Avalon. But beware, this will not be easy, and many have failed. But we are the final hope."

With that Merlin disappears in a ball of smoke and our car continues forward into the caves. We head through some very cool themed areas with skeletons of people who have been this way before, maybe some littered treasure, other things that you might find in a dragon cave (maybe some little side adventures like a lava flow, deep pits, etc... that we have to get through to reach the inner sanctum). Merlin appears a few times to use his magic to help us further into the cave.

Finally we enter a huge treasure horde, this room is massive, and lying in the center amongst all of his treasure is the dragon. It awakes and roars at us in disapproval practically spitting as it yells at us as to why we have trespassed on his lair. Merlin appears again and proclaims that his days of terrorizing the countryside are over, that we are here to stop him. The dragon laughs and says to stop him if we can. With that a huge ball of flame erupts from the dragons mouth engulfing Merlin who has now disappeared, and off we go.

At this point the coaster portion begins with us being chased by the dragon. We can hear him taunting us as we zip up, down, back and forth throughout the darkness. We know that he's nearby however because we keep seeing flame erupting all around us. Finally we reach a point where we seem trapped and the dragon is looming over us. All we can see is his head peering through an entrance, he opens his mouth to burn us and Merlin appears, dropping a massive rock on his head saving us, and Avalon from the dragon. He thanks us for our service to the kingdom but then says, we've got to find a way out of here. He waves his magic staff and suddenly we are launched up in the air and fly out the side of the cave for a quick trip outside the park before coming to rest at unload where we are thanked for our service to the kingdom.
    Very very nicely thought out. Release the Sword in the Sword Platinum addition and add a Sword in the Stone store as you walk out and the execs might buy into it.
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• World Traveler

I say bring Tokyo Disney Sea's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" here. It would be a perfect addition to Disney's Animal Kingdom and Beastly Kingdom.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    I say bring Tokyo Disney Sea's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" here. It would be a perfect addition to Disney's Animal Kingdom and Beastly Kingdom.
    The Volcano would be a nice counterpoint to E:E. Although why Beastly Kingdomme?
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    The Volcano would be a nice counterpoint to E:E. Although why Beastly Kingdomme?
    JTTCOTE has a lava monster and other creatures living in it. They could easily add more beasts to it.

I remember the original plan for a fantasia boat ride and i didn't really get into it, because the greco-roman idea seemed a bit out of place.

I would like to see the Loch Ness monster. Perhaps a Jaws type ride would work for Nessie.

Disney need to add the Wuzzles to Beastly Kingdom. lol.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

hmmm....they could do mermaids.... I really wish they would bring back 20k over there...

I don't think disney understands that not everything has to have a movie tie-in. Walt didn't want that. He wanted a few rides to be experiences from the movies and to meet characters, but that was about it. He wanted to give people experiences that you couldnt get anywhere else, like jungle cruise or HM. I miss ye olden days when we werent harrassed by Pixar.... but I digress....

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by giggling_gargoyles View Post
    I don't think disney understands that not everything has to have a movie tie-in. Walt didn't want that. He wanted a few rides to be experiences from the movies and to meet characters, but that was about it. He wanted to give people experiences that you couldnt get anywhere else, like jungle cruise or HM. I miss ye olden days when we werent harrassed by Pixar.... but I digress....
    I understand that there has been a lot of Pixar, but we've gotten Expedition Everest, no movie tie-in there
    www.jamboeveryone.com

Blog Entries

If they were going to bring something from Tokyo, I'd rather see the dry for wet 20k leagues ride.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast