• We'll hold them at bay

Anyone do any of those Grand Gathering deals?

We're trying that Wishes cruise with Captain Hook. Anybody try this or one of the other ones. Just wondering wht you all thought.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• making magic is fun!

Re: Anyone do any of those Grand Gathering deals?

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    We're trying that Wishes cruise with Captain Hook. Anybody try this or one of the other ones. Just wondering wht you all thought.
    Yes I have done this and it was a blast. We left from the CR and met the characters and then did the cruise. It was alot of fun. I have also done the character breakfast at Tonys and that fun as well.
    Kelly

• Disneyholic

So you meet the Characters at the CR and then cruise without them? If so the description is a little misleading I thought they where on the boat with you for the duration...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• making magic is fun!

Yeah we had characters on our boat and then we met Peter Pan when we got back.
    Heres a decription

Magical Fireworks Voyage
    Set sail with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee from Disney's Contemporary Resort. When you arrive at the Resort, check the Daily Event Board inside to see where to meet your "mateys" and start your adventure. Chow down on some pirate grub of snacks and beverages before you board the boat. Then, with a pirate as your host, sail on an unforgettable evening voyage around the Seven Seas Lagoon. Test your Disney trivia, sing songs and enjoy a magical performance of the Electrical Water Pageant. — all from the perfect vantage point for the fireworks spectacular set high above Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom Park.

As you sail back to your Resort Port, your pirate host entertains you with the story of Peter Pan, ending just in time for you to discover Pan himself waiting on shore to greet your family, sign autographs and pose for photos. Even better, if you've got a birthday, reunion, anniversary or other special occasion in your gro
    Kelly

• We'll hold them at bay

it does sound good for the kiddies
    www.jamboeveryone.com

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Bottom line.......you will love it. It is the most popular of the Grand Gathering offers.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
    Bottom line.......you will love it. It is the most popular of the Grand Gathering offers.
    cool.

The Safari sounded very nice, but probably not great for my young ones
    www.jamboeveryone.com

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    cool.

The Safari sounded very nice, but probably not great for my young ones
    I have done the Safari Celebration Dinner too. I think for young children the cruise is the way to go. You really need to book these events as soon as they become available; 180 days in advance. They book up so fast.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I read about it....but, it it quite pricey?

• Figment-a-holic

Quote Originally Posted by Denise View Post
    I have done the Safari Celebration Dinner too. I think for young children the cruise is the way to go. You really need to book these events as soon as they become available; 180 days in advance. They book up so fast.

Actually had a conversation with my family today about doing one of the magical gatherings too. Odd coincidence!

Anyway, can you give me more details about the Safari Celebration Dinner:
    How long does the safari last?

Also, I haven't been to the Tusker house since they changed it to the buffet. Do they have something for really picky eaters, like a 23 y.o. that will eat nothing but chicken fingers, pizza, or burgers?

It also mentioned that you get to meet exotic animals... these "exotic" animals aren't snakes are they?

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Chickles View Post
    Actually had a conversation with my family today about doing one of the magical gatherings too. Odd coincidence!

Also, I haven't been to the Tusker house since they changed it to the buffet. Do they have something for really picky eaters, like a 23 y.o. that will eat nothing but chicken fingers, pizza, or burgers?

It also mentioned that you get to meet exotic animals... these "exotic" animals aren't snakes are they?
    This might give you some info
    http://allearsnet.com/pl/magath.htm
    www.jamboeveryone.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chickles View Post

$59.99 per Adult & Junior $24.99 per Child (ages 3-9), valid Theme Park admission required.
    Safari Celebration Dinner
    In this Grand Gatherings Experience, guests gather in the exotic city of Harambe at Disney's Animal Kingdom for high adventure on the Kilimanjaro Safari.
    Parties journey through the park's authentic African plains and across the sweeping, baobab-studded savanna, spotting giraffes, elephants and other wild African creatures with their own private guide. Following this special safari, guests move to the Tusker House Restaurant where they meet their host who welcomes them to a delicious dinner consisting of chicken, vegetables, assorted Artesian breads and more. During dinner, guests have the opportunity to get an up close animal experience with one of the Animal Programs Keepers, who arrive with a live animal and answer any questions that guests may have about the Kilimanjaro Safari or Disney's Animal Kingdom. As a special part of the celebration, the host introduces two very special residents of Disney's Animal Kingdom who wanted to stop by, Terk and Timon! Guests have the opportunity to enjoy a meet-and-greet with these loveable Disney characters.

Pricing is per person per experience.
    Each experience is operated on select days of the week. Valid Theme Park admission is required except for the Magical Fireworks Voyage. (Please note: Only children age 3 and up are considered part of the Guest count but are welcome to join the experiences). All scheduled experiences will be added to your package and must be paid for 45 days prior to your arrival. If you have the Magic Your Way Dining Package you can use 2 Table-Service meals per person in exchange for either the International Dinner, Safari Celebration Dinner or the Good Morning Gathering experience.

The safari started at 6pm and we were dining by 7pm.Could be scheduled earlier depending on the time of year. If you do not want to eat what they have to offer they will prepare something else for you. The food was very good and tasty. They had live music too. The exotic animals we got up close to were a snake and a tarantula. These were outside after dinner.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

okay...what about the pirate one? what's the info on that?

• Figment-a-holic

Thanks, that's much more detail than on Disney's website