Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Disneyholic

Re: 5th Park for WDW

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    I have dropped $250 to smack a small white ball around on someone's lawn, get sweaty doing it, and then eat a steak and have a few drinks. And that took less than 8 hours. (and I needed special equipment to do so)
    Hmm sounds kinky Dave....

Yeah but I do see your point, after all there are a lot of folks dropping $100 or more for a princess makeover and costume at BBB for the kids, La Nuba is what 75$ or so for a short show, many of the tours are around that price too and the 300 price tag seems to be identical to Discovery Cove. I just have to question the timing and the practicality of these high end projects in the face of a rocky economy... The botique park would work in a strong economy and yeah I'd be waiting in line to drop around a thousand bucks for my family to do it, but if the economy tanks I wouldn't be a quick to do so.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Please remember when posting to attack the post and not the poster. Taking shots at any members of this site or the site in general is grounds for suspension or banning.

The offending posts have been trimmed and moved for your convenience.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Please remember when posting to attack the post and not the poster. Taking shots at any members of this site or the site in general is grounds for suspension or banning.

The offending posts have been trimmed and moved for your convenience.

Thank you.
    And my post was deleted why?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Hmm sounds kinky Dave....

Yeah but I do see your point, after all there are a lot of folks dropping $100 or more for a princess makeover and costume at BBB for the kids, La Nuba is what 75$ or so for a short show, many of the tours are around that price too and the 300 price tag seems to be identical to Discovery Cove. I just have to question the timing and the practicality of these high end projects in the face of a rocky economy... The botique park would work in a strong economy and yeah I'd be waiting in line to drop around a thousand bucks for my family to do it, but if the economy tanks I wouldn't be a quick to do so.
    Don't get me wrong. I agree with you on the timing issue. I am lucky, for me the economy is a non-issue, I still have a job and low expenses. Others are not so lucky. I would be tempted to be in line with my kids as well, but as you said, if circumstances change, well then not so tempted.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Wow....the "offending" posts? Yea, Flynn's post about tags was a little snippy (about as snippy as one can get when talking about tags) but I think its kind of overkill to have a moderator come in and delete posts...Ir's not like one if the Osbornes got an account recently...

sorry, it just bugs me when molehills become mountains. Its over, it's forgotten, just don't make it bigger than it is.
    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

Quote Originally Posted by giggling_gargoyles View Post
    Wow....the "offending" posts?
    Yeah, look at the super offensive comments I made that were deleted:

Originally Posted by MouseHipster
    However, from a business perspective, a new park would draw more visitors than a new attraction.
    That said, the whole Night Kingdom idea doesn't appeal to me.

At least they still live in other people's posts.

• Pilot EdForceOne

They weren't deleted - they were moved. Go Gold (click on the button below) and you could see them. And it wasn't my post why they got moved.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    They weren't deleted - they were moved. Go Gold (click on the button below) and you could see them. And it wasn't my post why they got moved.
    Moved? Moved? I call shenanigans.

• Banned User

I wish they would invest more money into their existing parks, rather than plowing billions into building new ones...especially some "boutique" park that most people can't afford.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I wish they would invest more money into their existing parks, rather than plowing billions into building new ones...especially some "boutique" park that most people can't afford.
    But one that, because of the ones who can afford the cost, could pull in tons of money.

WDW does need either a 5th gate or some other way to soak up the guests. I had an opportunity to go to WDW this Spring and didn't because I don't like waiting in lines for 2 hours. Remember when October was a "quiet" time of the year to visit? Put enough parks in, or enough attractions and lands in each park, and the crowding and lines won't be quite as bad. And I am willing to pay more to avoid some line-waiting, and some crowds.

lol THANK YOU!!

Yes, there are some variables to this, but Disneyfan has the main idea. It's not a good idea. case closed.
    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

lol yea, Hipster, you probably made an enemy for life. XD

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by giggling_gargoyles View Post
    lol THANK YOU!!

Yes, there are some variables to this, but Disneyfan has the main idea. It's not a good idea. case closed.
    The market for the boutique parks exists. Yes, I would like to see most money divested into existing parks, but that doesn't make the fifth park a bad idea.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

i know for a fact that WDI is planning several resort "extras," for example a world market/bazarre, fantasia gardens, and something called "classic disney" - these are all part of something called "project x" ....there are ten total mini-concepts and only a few will make it. As for a 5th park, your best bet is going to be the Night Kingdom idea as they already have detailed sketches and plans for it as well as permits filed to build. I wish i could go into detail, but i cant....only a few people outside of WDI know this info and im one of them...
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast