• Minion

Original Snow White's Adventures ride-throughs

I found these gems off Youtube. The second video is filmed with the camera turned towards the back and a light on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=Th7LJFzG1o8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...eature=related

I like the DL version better than the current WDW version, because it is scarier, but this version looks like the best of all. I am interested in being scared at a theme park, not seeing a happy ending.

• Minion

Re: Original Snow White's Adventures ride-throughs

I'm not sure if I like that version. If I were a young kid I would be scared out of my wits!
    Jeff Wayne

• Shablagoo!

I kind of remember the pre refurb DL version. That version is freaky.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I'm not sure if I like that version. If I were a young kid I would be scared out of my wits!
    That's kind of the point. Snow White is a movie about a stepmother trying to kill her stepdaughter because her stepdaughter is more beautiful. If that doesn't deserve a scary ride, I don't know what does.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    That's kind of the point. Snow White is a movie about a stepmother trying to kill her stepdaughter because her stepdaughter is more beautiful. If that doesn't deserve a scary ride, I don't know what does.

Black Cauldron.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Black Cauldron.
    "I know there are crunches and munches in there somewhere..."
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Fortuosity!

Black Cauldron.
    They can even use whatever is left from The Cinderella castle Mystery Tour.

Eilonwy: Oh, your charming.
    Gurgi: And pungent too!

Oh, I love that movie.

And Widen Your World is great for posting neat videos like those for Snow White and other old Disney World stuff like the swan Boats and just interesting scenic views of the park in the older days.
    Last edited by Angie_Duke; 03-31-2008 at 12:41 PM.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Minion

Black Cauldron.
    Well that would make an awesome ride also. The most thrilling moments of Snow White are the horror moments, and when you make a ride out of a movie, you base it on the most thrilling moments, not the most romantic or cute.

Thank you for posting this! I have been looking for a video of this attraction for ages.

I was lucky enough to ride it not too long before they refurbished the ride. It was a bit hard to describe to people -- "Well, you hear lots of howling wind, breaking glass and cackling. The forest animals look terrified. The wicked queen is in full hag mode, she breaks into the dwarves' cottage, she trashes the cottage and who knows whether any of them got out alive, then she trashes the gem mine, and then she kills you. As you die from having a giant gem dropped on your head, you hear her triumphant laughter echoing..." I loved it! From that day forward my nickname for the attraction was "Maiden Hunt."

Anyways, thanks again, I've been looking for a video of Maiden Hunt for ages, so now I'm a happy camper.

Part of what I liked about the ride is unintentional entertainment value, but I really do like it for other reasons...I think there are some wonderful qualities of traditional haunted houses/ghost trains which come through in this ride that get lost a bit in the newer Disney attractions. I mean, I love the current DL version, it is beautiful to look at; but I do miss how truly scary it was in Maiden Hunt when the witch-in-a-rowboat came ZOOMING around the corner at you. One of my friends (an adult at the time) was so startled by this that his eyes were watering and his nose running after he got off the ride, we were in hysterics.

I loved the insanity of the ride. I loved the acoustics, or the lack of acoustical control I should say, which allowed all the scary sounds to run together in a cacaphony. I loved the unpredictability and the way they didn't feel the need to tell the story of the movie or do things in any sort of logical order, it was more like how Snow White must have felt when she was lost in the forest and just panicking. So although there was less expertise and craftsmanship in dark ride making going on there, I think there was something raw and exciting about it, kind of like the way rough animation sketches sometimes have a vitality which is lost when you sharpen them up.

• MiceChat Partner Site

That was a neat version, and one that adults could enjoy as well, which is much harder with today's WDW version. I liked the scary aspect of the ride, and some of the effects were really neat; however, I feel a medium should have been met. It focused way to much on the Queen. We saw the dwarves once and never once saw Snow White. If they could add an abbreviated version of that to the current attraction, the ride would be a lot better.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ In the original version, you were Snow White. It was you experiencing everything first person like Snow White did.

• Minion

ORDDU: Oh my!! Do I see a vast amount of good fortune coming Monkey Joe's way or WHAT?! You deserve an entire boatload of kisses from Morva, duckling!

ORWEN: He sure does! By the way, we remember the original Snow White attraction at the Magic Kingdom and we have to say it's been improved a lot ever since they went in and re-did the thing. I mean, at least NOW the whole story is told from beginning to end

ORGOCH: 'Course that don't mean they couldn't find room fer a Black Cauldron ride somewhere's else in Fantasticland. Now that 20,000 Frog Legs Under the Sea's gone away, they's got 'nuff room fer a Cauldron ride along with a Little Meter Maid ride!!

ORWEN: And if the rumored live action version of THE BLACK CAULDRON is ever made, there would be a whole new reaso to add it into Fantasyland.