What does Disney do?

I was browsing through special effects videos on youtube and found this video of a illusionist or performer (watch from 3:00). An his show features music from IllumiNations: Reflections on Earth. An so I searched a little more on this guy and found out he tends to use the music a lot. In the event of this happening and Disney finds out, what do they do? Would they let him slide since he's not that big or would they slap him with a hefty lawsuit. Or maybe it would be kinda difficult to deal with since it seems he doesn't work in the US. What are your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AReH9KXWOc

• Disneyholic

Re: What does Disney do?

I think it depends on where he got the music and what restrictions where placed on it. I he purchased a CD and it did not prohibit it being used for this purpose there's not much anyone can do unless there are legal restrictions in the country he lives for the use of recorded music. IP laws differ from country to country.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Im sure disney would have a big problem with them using the music since it is being used during an act that makes money. Unless the people from the show have gotten permission to use the music.Disney would first send them a letter asking the them to stop if they did not stop then the lawyers would get really involved.

Dsiney hires lawyers all over the world to look for copyright infrigments.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

when there is a threat of Disney losing money or having someone infringe on their copyrights, they will stick lawyers so far up your @$$ its not even funny
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

interesting fact:

Disney Entertainment (headed by Ron Logan at the time) paid Hans Zimmer $50,000 up front to compose the music for IllumiNations. He accepted the money and then informed them that he could not compose the score as it would conflict with his contract with DreamWorks SKG. In stead, he had his protege named Gavin Greeneway compose the music and the result is the amazing instrumental piece we hear today as we gather around the World Showcase Lagoon.
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.