Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Drunk On Disney!

Re: First Trip to WDW: Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak View Post
    .....BTM pretty much the same deal, pretty much the same.
    I disagree completely.....BTMRR at the MK is way different from DL. I like the MK version better as it has more extensive theming.

Not much to say about ToT, pretty much exactly the same as the one in DCA.
    I'm sorry but I don't see how you could possibly think that.... Other than the much more detailed and extensive queue and the bigger and more detailed exterior, the ride has the added "5th dimension room" and the basement room featuring artifacts from the Twilight Zone.

Test Track I was unimpressed with the first time, we had waited so long for a ride that had essentially 15 seconds of fun, the rest was just going up steep hills and driving past hot lamps. But the second time I really appreciated it a bit more, realized how innovative and different it is from anything else really, and that 15 seconds of acceleration is pretty intense. Still not worth longer than an hour of waiting.
    Test Track is not just about the "15 seconds of acceleration"....It's about the theming. Did you not enjoy the theming within the show building?

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Mtsplash View Post
    I disagree completely.....BTMRR at the MK is way different from DL. I like the MK version better as it has more extensive theming.
    I disagree that the MK theming is any more extensive than the DL theming. They seemed about the same to be honest, nothing really stood out as being especially different. Yes, the tracks are different, but they're still designed in the same way, as in plenty of banked turns and short drops through an area designed to be like Bryce Canyon. Now if you took say, the Space Mountain in Paris and the Space Mountain in DL, that would be a good example of a ride of the same nature in different parks being really different from each other. They are entirely different in principle, therefore can be compared as different rides. The same can't be really said about BTM because they are essentially the same thing.

I'm sorry but I don't see how you could possibly think that.... Other than the much more detailed and extensive queue and the bigger and more detailed exterior, the ride has the added "5th dimension room" and the basement room featuring artifacts from the Twilight Zone.
    See above. Pretty much the exact same ride, almost no difference in presentation or the way the ride is carried out.

Test Track is not just about the "15 seconds of acceleration"....It's about the theming. Did you not enjoy the theming within the show building?
    The theming in the queue was good, yes, but the ride itself wasn't exactly themed very well. In fact, it seemed sort of cheap the way they themed it. But I guess you didn't see the part where I said it was creative, innovative, and fun? It was just the first time around I wasn't impressed, on my second ride I appreciated it a bit more.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

MK's Big Thunder is 25% longer than Disneyland's, and after several runs on MK's without being that impressed, I think I know what the problem was. Disneyland's is not just shorter, but the area that it occupies is too. That means more turns and more tunnels, which translates to more fun. When I ride Disneyland's, it's pretty much me, the train, and the mountain. When I rode MK's I sat on it and was able to go "oh, there's the steamboat. oh there's the tracks for the regular railroad. there's the berm. etc etc." It just wasn't as thrilling.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    MK's Big Thunder is 25% longer than Disneyland's, and after several runs on MK's without being that impressed, I think I know what the problem was. Disneyland's is not just shorter, but the area that it occupies is too. That means more turns and more tunnels, which translates to more fun. When I ride Disneyland's, it's pretty much me, the train, and the mountain. When I rode MK's I sat on it and was able to go "oh, there's the steamboat. oh there's the tracks for the regular railroad. there's the berm. etc etc." It just wasn't as thrilling.
    WDW's Big Thunder is not thrilling??? Oh, okay. I have been on both Big Thunder and find the WDW version, the most thrilling.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    WDW's Big Thunder is not thrilling??? Oh, okay. I have been on both Big Thunder and find the WDW version, the most thrilling.

Sorry, that's how I feel. I went on MK's version a few times just to make sure I wasn't dreaming it but I didn't enjoy it as much as Disneyland's.

• Minion

While I still love the MK's BTM (I would have been bored without it), I agree. However, MK's BTM isn't that much longer, it only runs about 15 seconds longer. DL's runs around 3:15, whereas MK's runs around 3:30

According to the Roller Coaster Database, the track lenghts are:
    DL-2671 Feet
    MK-2780 Feet

So, they are no where near 25% longer in length (either time wise or feet wise).

• MiceChat Moderator

It seems that I may have read wrong or those Disney books have conflicting information... but thanks for the correction!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by splashmountainfreak View Post

Above all, what I loved about WDW was that it truly is the ultimate escape from reality. Not even from the top of ToT or Expedition Everest can you ever see signs of life outside of Disneyworld. You spend all day in parks, travelling between them in buses through the forests, and then return home to your resort without once catching a glimpse of the outside world. As Walt intended, I'm sure. This is what sets it apart, in my eyes at least, from the other parks. Its the ultimate getaway.

Anyway, just some thoughts from a first timer!
    once you go black you dont...... WAIT wrong one.

Once you go WDW you dont go back.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Minion

It seems that I may have read wrong or those Disney books have conflicting information... but thanks for the correction!
    I think "Imagineering at it's Peek" claims the ride is 25% bigger. That refers to the amount of space the ride takes up, not how long it is.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    I'd have to say they both have pretty much the same thrill value. I honestly can't see what is so different between them, they are pretty much the same ride, same elements, same idea.

I can't imagine thinking that ToT is the same...the DCA version was very disappointing when I went on it a few years ago...nowhere near as good as DHS's IMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12